Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SMS Plugin for Nokia mobiles available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer SMS Plugin for Nokia mobiles available!

Hi Peeps,

Three hours ago this didn't exist... now it does. My bro was working on
    something else (watch this space) until I told him about all the SMS posts.

http://www.myautomatedhouse.co.uk/

Enjoy,

Jules

PS. Bro says click the icon at the bottom as my site design leaves much to
    be desired [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

JJ,

This is just the kind of thing I have been trying to set up, unfortunately it relies on the mobile being connected all the time.

I dont suppose he's looking at doing something that interfaces with the telcos SMS message centre for sending SMS messages?

I am looking at SMSMaster from www.gcrsoft.com at the mo but it unfortunately wont co-exist with HSPhone using only one modem.

Regards

Dave

Comment

Most cell phone SMS messages have email-based addresses - just send an email to the right address - usually <yournumber>@<your-provider.net> or similar.

- huggy
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Hi Dave,

Now that you mention it, my brother and I were thinking of writing some web based subscription service (at just above cost) which allowed SMS sending via the internet but would plugin directly to HomeSeer as well as remote desktop popups etc.

Might this service be the kind of thing you are talking about or would you rather go for Huggy's method?

Regards,

Jules

Comment

Does this work on any Nokia mobile with a data cable?

Comment

I think so, as long as the phone shows up in the Nokia software it will work.

Regards,

Jules

Comment

Hi,

At http://www.softwarecave.com you can find an ocx file that hooks up your Nokia phone to a PC without having to install some extra Nokia software. It allows you to send an d receive SMS's etc...
              Maybe it is possible to adapt this ocx to interface it to HS.

regards [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

For those wondering it will work with the following Nokia phones :

- nokia 6110 or 5110 compatable, on gsm900, 1800 or 1900 networks
                - nokia 6210,6250,7110,8210,8850 or 8890 gsm phone
                - nokia 7160 TDMA phone

with the following connections types :

- DLR-3P cable connection for 6210,6250,7110,7160 or 7190
                - DAU-9P cable connection for 6110 or 5110 and compatible phones
                - IrDA connections for 6210, 6250, 7110, 7160, 7190, 8810, 8210, 8850 and 8890
                - Bluetooth using Nokia COnnectivity Pack for 6210

That just about covers it I think [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Richie.
                -
                Richard Samphire.

Comment

Does anyone know of a way to send an SMS message via the internet or via a modem

Thanks,
                  Lilian

Comment

Lilian

Look at the post by Huggy, in this thread.

Skibum
                    Skibumsplace

Comment

I tried that and it didn't work. Does that only work in the US? I am in the UK and am on BT Cellnet, now called O2.

If someonce could tell me how to send an SMS message via email that would be great

Comment

As Huggy mentioned, most providers enable their customers to have some sort of email addy that when it receives email, sends an sms out. Normally you have to register, set up an email account... orange do this at least.

icq.com allow 10 free sms' per day, and producing a plugin to use it wouldnt be too much of a problem. When I find a spare few hours i'll build it, unless someone else wants to do it in the mean time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richie.

FuBaR

Comment

This looks like it will do the trick for you Lillian

ICQ SMS Instruction Page

Comment

Anyone know how to get ahold of the author of this plugin? I'm having problems with it now and would like to get ahold of them or get some code to try to fix it...

- Gordon

Did they really change the Star Trek motto under Jean-Luc Picard's command to, "To Baldly Go Where No Man's Hair's Gone Before!" ???

"Don't look under the hat."
                            - Gordon, 2004
                            |
                            | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                            HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

I dont know about this plugin but Justin over at Gadgetjunkie has a plugin for Nokia mobile phones

http://www.gadgetjunkie.net/modules....download&cid=6

And I know he visits here regularly

Hope this helps

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X