Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

***** Networking: Windows & Linux (Mono V6+) - Remote Control: Windows only *****

This package allows you to remotely control functions on Windows computers on your local area network via Homeseer. This is achieved by installing a client application on each PC to control and with commands, retrieve information.

In addition, the package also includes a network monitor to determine the status of devices on your network, websites or check that the Internet is online.

Please note that this is two separate applications in one package. You can use just the network monitor (no client needed) or the computer control functionality or both.

Network Monitor functions:

» Allows you to monitor the status of devices connected to your local network or the Internet via ICMP ping
    » Allows you to monitor the status of individual TCP ports (by device) on your local network or via the Internet
    » Allows you to monitor Web sites, web pages (with optional content check) to see if they are being served correctly either locally or via the Internet
    » Allows you to monitor the status of devices connected to your local network for non pingable devices and servers via ARP Ping method
    » Multiple pings can be sent to confirm connection status
    » UPNP support for non pingable devices and servers
    » Allows you to trigger Homeseer events depending on status (online, offline or troubled)
    » Allows you to monitor the entire subnet to detect unknown/unauthorised devices joining the network with various triggers
    » User definable icon sets provided to match the monitored device
    » Wake up on LAN (WOL) facility
    » Automatic MAC Address collection from defined IP addresses
    » Automatic reallocation of devices IP Address if using on DHCP server
    » Automatic recording and results display of the last 100 pings via bar graphs per device
    » Quick setup functionality via web interface

Remote Computer Functions:

» Shutdown computer
    » Restart computer
    » Hibernate computer
    » Standby computer
    » Log off computer
    » Lock Computer
    » Turn the screensaver on
    » Turn the screensaver off
    » Turn the monitor off
    » Turn the monitor on
    » Turn monitor to low brightness
    » Toggle the master audio mute
    » Mute the master volume
    » Unmute the master volume
    » Set and change the master volume level
    » Set and change the volume of applications (Vista upwards)
    » Mute the volume of applications (Vista upwards)
    » Stop a process (with optional window title)
    » Kill a process (with optional window title)
    » Run a process/program (with parameters)
    » Retrieve information from command line applications including PowerShell and BAT files
    » Check if a process/program is running
    » Send text to the clipboard
    » Retrieve text from the clipboard
    » Set the focus on a defined window
    » Send keyboard presses
    » Set application Windows (Minimize, Maximize, restore etc)
    » Position the mouse cursor and simulate mouse clicks
    » Send text to a popup message application on the screen
    » Send text as a tray balloon (with optional Date/time stamp)
    » Send data (in Hex, Dec or String) to any serial port
    » Speech functionality (no speaker client required)
    » Virtual devices can be configured to show data retrieved
    » Remote macro facility (20+1 macros available)
    » Check the total/used/free size of a specific hard drive
    » Remote Client monitoring
    » Remote Client status logging
    » Quick setup functionality via web interface

The package is very flexible so please fully read the documentation before you install this.

As usual, it is available for download on my site (Click on my banner below).

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')

I would appreciate some feedback as this has been one of my long standing projects which I have finally had time to tidy up, document fully and publish.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; April 15, 2020, 04:36 AM.
    Jon

GTHO!!!

This is SOOOO cool! DL'ing now and report back!!!!

Thanks, Jon!

A pint coming your way!
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
      A pint coming your way!
      You obviously have no idea what low regards the lads hold for our beer.

~Bill

Comment

LOL! That is why I said a Pint, over here i just would have said a cold one... LOL

Hey Jon,

One small note, there is no documentation on the install with this thing or installer. From what I see though, it is self explanatory... put files in the folders of your zip in the matching mates in HS.

The client install, not so intuitive. Do we install all of the exe's on every client or...???

**EDIT** Nevermind....

Found the doc in the DOCS folder!!! DUH! I would put a readme file in the root of the zip to tell people to read the doc in the docs folder. This way, this dummy here could haz foundsz it more gooder!

**Update**

Well, can't figure out the ini thing. I don't "do" code and this is ALL code.

Thank anyway, man! I will try to poke around and see if I can muddle through this.
        Last edited by Dafunktyfunk; February 6, 2011, 12:31 AM.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Dafunktyfunk,

I used to put the docs in the root folder but people then moaned that they could not find the instructions as it was lost in the Homeseer directory once unzipped. I was asked to put it in a docs folder which is what I do now. I can't win Anyway I've put a readme.txt in the root of the zip to point to the docs folder.

Ini stands for initialisation files and it is just a method to set parameters so that when the script is run, it knows what to do. I really do not have the time (or inclination) to make fancy front-ends for the settings as normally, once set they are not changed that often. I'm also keen to provide flexibility which is why I allow hooks into the scripts to change all sorts of parameters. You have to accept that fact when using my stuff and most people don't have a problem with it. Please remember that I'm one of the few people left here who provide my offering free.

I'm not sure why you are having difficulty, but I'm here to help. All you need to do is open up Jon00RCCNM.ini in a text editor (such as notepad) and you will see all the settings displayed.

If you now refer to the documents, I list each entry and describe what it does.

Tell me where you are stuck, and I'll try and get you moving forward.
          Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Another brilliant script.
            Excellent documentation and easy to configure as usual.
            And i didn't even need a readme file to tell me that the docs are in the docs folder

Comment

Thanks Brian.

Are you using both the network monitoring and remote control or just one of them?
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Thanks Brian.

Are you using both the network monitoring and remote control or just one of them?
                Using them both.

Comment

Comment

Hmmm, this could be a difficult one to solve. I also have the client running on three Win7 machines with the shortcut in the startup menu. I have not had this problem.

If the application is not responding then it can only be the .NET framework not being initialised in time.

All I can suggest is that you use a freeware startup delayer. I use this one on one of my XP machines but not sure if it works on Win 7.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
                      ...And i didn't even need a readme file to tell me that the docs are in the docs folder
                      Wow, pretty condecending! That's ok, you must be smarter than others...

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      Dafunktyfunk,

I used to put the docs in the root folder but people then moaned that they could not find the instructions as it was lost in the Homeseer directory once unzipped. I was asked to put it in a docs folder which is what I do now. I can't win Anyway I've put a readme.txt in the root of the zip to point to the docs folder.

Ini stands for initialisation files and it is just a method to set parameters so that when the script is run, it knows what to do. I really do not have the time (or inclination) to make fancy front-ends for the settings as normally, once set they are not changed that often. I'm also keen to provide flexibility which is why I allow hooks into the scripts to change all sorts of parameters. You have to accept that fact when using my stuff and most people don't have a problem with it. Please remember that I'm one of the few people left here who provide my offering free.

I'm not sure why you are having difficulty, but I'm here to help. All you need to do is open up Jon00RCCNM.ini in a text editor (such as notepad) and you will see all the settings displayed.

If you now refer to the documents, I list each entry and describe what it does.

Tell me where you are stuck, and I'll try and get you moving forward.
                      Thanks for the help, Jon. You are absolutley right in that you do offer your hard work for free and for that I thank you!

I also appreciate the fact that you have ALWAYS been very helpful and willing to help. That is really cool! I tend to look at things through newbie eyes assuming no previous knowledge of anything. This platform can very intimidating to work with and this board can also be. Some new people may decide to simply move on to something less "hackorz" rather than taking the time to play around with the interface which is actually not bad.

I am sending you an email with my stuck points and totally taking you up on your offer for your assistance. Again, I appreciate your help!

Comment

I've responded to your email!
                        Jon

Comment

Hello Jon,

Thanks for the answer for now this solution works
                          My wife is also very happy with this app
                          Now when she is on internet I can automatic sent message to the screen
                          Now she can see when the washing machine is ready
                          Ore when somebody is on the frontdoor.
                          Etc etc

Thanks Ed

Ps
                          Coffee and cake is underway

Comment

Jon,
                            Would this work to monitor and control the HS2 computer itself? Specifically, remotely reboot and restart HS2 remotely over the internet?

Here is the scenario:
                            - HS2 is running in a 2nd home.
                            - Observe that occassionally the Zwave interface gets hung and have found that a reboot of the computer fixes the problem.
                            - From a computer connected to the internet (remote to the 2nd home), reboot the HS2 computer and have HS2 application start when the computer restarts.

Thanks,
                            Ernie

Comment

If you run Homeseer in your main home, yes it can reboot your computer in your second home also running Homeseer. You would be able to do this via your main Homeseer web server or something like HSTouch.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X