Ademco Vista 20P Intergration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ademco Vista 20P Intergration

I have seen and read somewhere on the board about a product called AD2USB Adapter for use on Ademco Vista series security panels made by Nu Tech Software Solutions, Inc.

http://www.nutech.com/nu-tech-shop/16.html

I'm really curious if a plug-in is being developed for this USB adapter. This appears to be a really simple way to integrate HomeSeer / HT2 with my installed Ademco Vista 20P panel. I really prefer smaller size of the AD2USB hardware compared to the Vista ICM.

I cannot code at all and would be really interested if a plug-in is in the works.

If a HomeSeer plug-in is developed I will be purchasing a AD2USB Adapter right away.

Cheers,

Jim

Personnaly, I just ripped my ademco unit out and replaced it. The CaddX and DSC systems are pretty cheap and have full featured plug-ins available for free.

I picked up a caddx keypad off ebay for $40 and purchased the system board new for $100, connected them up to the existing cables from my old system and taht was it. Full automation for $140.
    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
      Personnaly, I just ripped my ademco unit out and replaced it. The CaddX and DSC systems are pretty cheap and have full featured plug-ins available for free.

I picked up a caddx keypad off ebay for $40 and purchased the system board new for $100, connected them up to the existing cables from my old system and taht was it. Full automation for $140.
      Actually, the DSC plugin isn't free but close
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by jkarney View Post
        I have seen and read somewhere on the board about a product called AD2USB Adapter for use on Ademco Vista series security panels made by Nu Tech Software Solutions, Inc.

http://www.nutech.com/nu-tech-shop/16.html

I'm really curious if a plug-in is being developed for this USB adapter. This appears to be a really simple way to integrate HomeSeer / HT2 with my installed Ademco Vista 20P panel. I really prefer smaller size of the AD2USB hardware compared to the Vista ICM.

I cannot code at all and would be really interested if a plug-in is in the works.

If a HomeSeer plug-in is developed I will be purchasing a AD2USB Adapter right away.

Cheers,

Jim

Jim,

I have purchased the AD2USB (for my 20se) from nutech (Sean Matthews is the creator) and I have been testing firmware versions and helping to decode and document the Ademco planel bitstreams. Sean is developing the AD2USB to work with several different versions of the vista panel. Sean is developing a gui to facilitate programming the vista panel and has plans on developing a homeseer plugin as well; but i haven't seen anything yet.

the AD2USB is pretty cool; it takes keypad messages/data and send it to a com port. you can also send cmds back to the panel as if you were hitting the btns on a keypad.

I have been working on my own vb.net script to interface the AD2USB to homeseer, but since the AD2USB firmware is still in development(ie a moving target) its hard for me to make a lot of progress. i was thinking about writing my own plugin, but I wanted to see what Sean's schedule/plans were first. A plugin for a security plan isn't trivial.

If you can wait a few more months, i bet one of us will have something available.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have been waiting for a while; so waiting a little longer is no problem

I think Sean's AD2USB is a neat little device. I talked to him on the phone last week; he mentioned that someone on the HS forum was writing a plug-in. So I thought I would inquire.

I hope other users are looking to use this device for there Ademco panels (10, 15 20P) to integrate into HomeSeer. So hopefully there will be a demand for a plug-in. I'm willing to pay for a plug-in as I fully understand that the programming would take a lot of time.

Are there any others out there that have Ademco panels that would be interested in this device and a HomeSeer Plug-in?

If you are please chime in as this might provide some motivation to a plug-in author to bring another (I think simpler/cheaper) HomeSeer to Ademco integration to fruition.

Cheers

Jim

Comment

I would be interested for my Vista panel. I was planning on changing it out down the road to something that was compatible with HS

Comment

I have a Vista 40P panel and I would be interested. I'm currently using the ICM and the ICM Homeseer plugin, but I'm not sure the plugin is really picking up all of the traffic that is occuring at the panel (it does properly register when the house is armed, or disarmed, however).

However, I think I recall an earlier discussion in which I learned that the AD2USB device could not communicate over long distances. My security panel is in the attic, and HS is in the basement. That works with the ICM plugin, which communicates over the LAN. So I would need a version of the AD2USB which worked over the LAN, or over a serial port, so it could transmit signals over about 100 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
                However, I think I recall an earlier discussion in which I learned that the AD2USB device could not communicate over long distances.
                I don't recall reading about any communication distance issues. Maybe Sean will chime in and clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by jkarney View Post
                  I don't recall reading about any communication distance issues. Maybe Sean will chime in and clarify.
                  you should check your alarm manual there are specs about cable gauge and length

I have a 50ft cat5 connecting mine
                  Last edited by mnsandler; March 8, 2009, 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

A Vista Alarm plugin is in the works

Sean Mathews (of nutech.com and creator of the adm2usb) is not a Homeseer user (he uses Misterhouse) so i have taken up the challenge to create a homeseer plugin for the Vista alarms that his device supports. (I have developed one other plugin and even fixed a few bugs in an existing HST plugin, so i do understand the technology involved.) I will probably be selling it throught HST to keep things simple.

I already have a working prototype for my 20se that does the following:
                    - sets a hs device according to the status of a corresponding zone or alarm
                    - monitors arming, the chime, and ac power status of the alarm

I am interested in getting out a basic version first and them added all the bells and whistle as we go. I have my own list of requirements, but I am very interested in hearing your requirements for such a plugin.

Please post a prioritized list of requirements and the number of zones you have. i need to know if anyone has more than 90 zones
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i need to know if anyone has more than 90 zones
                      I have been in the security industry for 28 years and have not yet seen a system that utilized 90 zones so you should be safe with that number.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        Sean Mathews (of nutech.com and creator of the adm2usb) is not a Homeseer user (he uses Misterhouse) so i have taken up the challenge to create a homeseer plugin for the Vista alarms that his device supports.
                        Mark,

I'm really happy to hear that your taking the plunge writing a plug-in for Sean's device. I guess it's time to make an order from Sean.

Here are a few thoughts for the plug-in:

1. Zone and Alarm based event triggers and conditions
                        2. Zone and Alarm based actions
                        3. Security that allows you to prevent unauthorized arming/disarming or bypassing of zones
                        4. Ability to arm/disarm your system as well as bypass zones.
                        5. An image of your keypad on a web page and shows the current system status.
                        6. Web interface to all plug-in functions
                        7. ??? I'll do some more thinking

My system has about 36 zones including a handheld key-fob that takes 3 zones. I'll be out of town tomorrow and won't get back until next week. When I get back I'll post more thoughts and suggestions for this plug-in.

Again Mark thank you for taking on this challenge; I'm really excited about finally having my alarm system integrated into HS.

Cheers

Jim

Comment

Time to get your Vista Alarm AD2USB online

I am very close to having V1.0 of the plugin ready for the AD2USB/Vista Alarm combo.

I'll keep you posted, and please feel free to post additional requirements you would like to see for this setup

the AD2USB is avail from nutech.com for $80 and requires a connection to your panel or nearest keypad.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                            I just purchased the AD2USB from nutech.com. Once it comes in I will be ready to go.

Comment

AD2USB and Other Ademco Panels

I just saw this thread and am very interested. I have an Ademco Apex Destiny 6100. My understand (could be wrong) is that the 6100 is the basis that the Vista series was created from when Ademco aquired Apex. So, will this work with my 6100? Please say YES! I have been fighting trying to get my serial board in teh 6100 to function and I think I have a bad unit.

If it would help, I currently have 2 keypads connected and they are model 6160AP.

THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                              X