Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HST-IWAR7 Touchscreen Now Available!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don,

You just have to flip and pivot the screen out to get to the microSD card.

For the USB connection mounted in the back you would have to remove the screen case. That said you can extend the USB port out such that you can utilize it for just about anything.

That said though I am bench testing the device in an open position such that it sits open while I am testing. Meanwhile updating with new network POE cabling for the in-wall mounting once I am done with the bench testing.

I saved the Homeseer link in the browser and it takes all of about a minute to download the APK update and or have copied the APK to the microsd card to get to the updates.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Don,

I am able to play gifs with Opera Mobile (not Mini though). Attached is my basic screen.

The whole playing back of Gifs is an Android licensing thing more than anything as a gif is like a mini movie with multiple frames in it.

I think now all or most of the newer Android 4.X or ICS OS machines do play Gifs; but I might be mistaken as a search on Google shows this to be an issue with Android 2.2 but not Android 2.3 and beyond. That is me though and my searches.

Almost every Android based phone/tablet while its base may be the same OS do different things in different ways.

That said once the HSTouch and Hardware for HSTouch is a "standard" of sorts for just Homeseer HSTouch; the tweaks et al will be hardware specific OS type stuff that will work on the HS hardware but may not work on a PDA cell phone running Android or a different MFG's tablet et al.

The HSTouchscreen based hardware is one of the most commonly used CPU's and base hardware in the small tablet Android world (WM8650 - WonderMedia)

Different names, LED lamps, etc but almost exactly the same motherboard.

That said the 800Mhz Via CPU is documented to stream some video stuff et al. Folks/users have tweaked the Android 2.2 OS to stream You Tube videos.

Base Hardware specifications are:

Newer faster VIA WM8850 has different specs. (new for 2012)
      Pete, so do you have the android client load the GIF, which does NOT animate, then when you click the GIF, it loads into Opera, which does Animate it?

I've resigned myself to non-animated weather stuff...but what you suggest is a neat idea.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Pete, so do you have the android client load the GIF, which does NOT animate, then when you click the GIF, it loads into Opera, which does Animate it?
        Yes.

I'm playing trying to figure out how to do it with the HSTouch client. I cannot unless I externally execute Opera or any other Android application which plays gifs. I am used to seeing my flash and gifs on my XP stuff.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks; I assume you are referring to the rectangular slot on the right edge?
          Not easy to find :-)

Can anyone tell me how to erase all the xml files on the HST-IW07 in order to reinstall the xml file?
          Somehow the screen is going to 480 x 800 instead of 800 x 480.

Don,

You just have to flip and pivot the screen out to get to the microSD card.

For the USB connection mounted in the back you would have to remove the screen case. That said you can extend the USB port out such that you can utilize it for just about anything.

That said though I am bench testing the device in an open position such that it sits open while I am testing. Meanwhile updating with new network POE cabling for the in-wall mounting once I am done with the bench testing.

I saved the Homeseer link in the browser and it takes all of about a minute to download the APK update and or have copied the APK to the microsd card to get to the updates.
          Don

Comment

Yes. Be careful I ejected on microSD card during the weekend and it shot across my office and I couldn't find it for a bit.

The files are located in the

/data/data/com.homeseer.hstouch

directory.

I do recall though initially I just edited the xml file section which would set it for either Landscape or Portrait.

It kept going to landscape when I would upload the project for whatever reason.

I am not sure though by default if you can see those files. Just checked and you cannot see those files.

I had the same issue. What I did was remove HSTouch and reinstall V.38
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; October 22, 2012, 04:18 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

One of the things that bugged me was the time and the way Android off the shelf gets it time. I loaded a time application such that I can sync to my NTP server. Works well.

http://amip.tools-for.net/android/clocksync

Reading a bit was going to try to remove the default browser and change that to Opera Mobile to see if the Gifs show up correctly in HSTouch.
              Last edited by Pete; October 22, 2012, 05:17 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Here is beta build 1.0.39 of the HSTouch Android app. I fixed another memory leak and re-enabled screen updates for the devices list view.

In order to allow the screens to load quickly, I have always been caching the screens. However, if you have too many screens you could use up memory. This is not really a leak, but I added a check that if too much memory gets used I then flush all the screens to recover memory. The number of screens that it takes to make this happen depends on how complicated the screens are. The only side affect is that you may see it take a little longer to load a screen at times.

Here is build 1.0.39:

http://tinyurl.com/96srena
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I spent quite some time trying to d/l a file explorer that could expose these files. No luck. What are you using to see these files and where did you get it?

The hot setup would be to share a folder as in XP and just move the files from
                  something with a real keyboard to the download directory of the Android. I see a couple of programs that will do that but Google Play, won't see my touchscreen. It will only download to one of my other Android devices. <Major unhappy face> I then tried Amazon, but every time I try to download a program, the download pauses and I am dead in the water. Help!

Yes. Be careful I ejected on microSD card during the weekend and it shot across my office and I couldn't find it for a bit.

The files are located in the

/data/data/com.homeseer.hstouch

directory.

I do recall though initially I just edited the xml file section which would set it for either Landscape or Portrait.

It kept going to landscape when I would upload the project for whatever reason.

I am not sure though by default if you can see those files. Just checked and you cannot see those files.

I had the same issue. What I did was remove HSTouch and reinstall V.38
                  Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                    I spent quite some time trying to d/l a file explorer that could expose these files. No luck. What are you using to see these files and where did you get it?
                    Don, one of the better file explorers for android is Astro - do a search in google play and you should see it...
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks Rob.
                      Don

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        In order to allow the screens to load quickly, I have always been caching the screens. However, if you have too many screens you could use up memory. This is not really a leak, but I added a check that if too much memory gets used I then flush all the screens to recover memory. The number of screens that it takes to make this happen depends on how complicated the screens are. The only side affect is that you may see it take a little longer to load a screen at times.

Could you tell us what is the cache size ? Do you flush it completly or do you keep last-in entries ?
                        I am trying to keep images light-weighed but this is sometimes so slow ...
                        Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Right now I have it at 6MB for graphics. Its hard to pin down a good size as the max size of the app is limited to 16MB for older devices and 32MB for newer ones, and even that varies. For a unit that is on your home LAN though, re-loading the graphics is pretty quick so I don't think its that much of a concern.

If you want to keep your graphics really small, go into your project settings in the designer and set the max size for the graphics really small. This will force the server plugin to re-scale the graphics to the smaller size and they will use much less memory.

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                          Could you tell us what is the cache size ? Do you flush it completly or do you keep last-in entries ?
                          I am trying to keep images light-weighed but this is sometimes so slow ...

Comment

I've played a bit here. My clock is updating and my video is doing OK at about 60% resolution. I have removed the default android browser leaving only the Opera Mobile; still though cannot get gifs to play here though.
                            Attached Files
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Here is another update, this fixes a problem where large graphics were getting scaled down causing high memory usage.

http://homeseer.com/updates/Beta/hst...lease_1_41.apk

Comment

Thanks Rich!

Here I tested the upload by using VNC and WinSCP to tranfer and run the update. This will be easier when the touch screen is mounted on the wall somewhere in the house.
                                Last edited by Pete; October 25, 2012, 10:13 AM.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X