Zwave Aeon Labs In-Wall Micro module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave Aeon Labs In-Wall Micro module

I just bought 2 of these from Asihome. 1 out of 2 worked. I do like them but for me this is kind of a high error rate. Also, just so you guys know. If you buy an Aeon Micro Module from Asihome and it comes defective, you have to pay the return shipping. I think this should be clear. I would suggest waiting for other vendors with better policies towards returns for defective items especially for this product which is pretty new and for the most part untested in the market. It might be better until this product gets to other vendors as well.

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
    I just bought 2 of these from Asihome. 1 out of 2 worked. I do like them but for me this is kind of a high error rate. Also, just so you guys know. If you buy an Aeon Micro Module from Asihome and it comes defective, you have to pay the return shipping. I think this should be clear. I would suggest waiting for other vendors with better policies towards returns for defective items especially for this product which is pretty new and for the most part untested in the market. It might be better until this product gets to other vendors as well.
    We've been debating about carrying these, mostly because we've had almost no demand for them. Are folks interested in this? Please let us know. FYI - We do cover return shipping for defective products within 30 days.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

what do they do and how do they work? does the dimmer one support fan loads?
      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
        what do they do and how do they work?
        You wire them in behind the toggle switch. So the line and load go directly into it as well as the toggle switch wires. You then have a z-wave toggle switch. I have no idea about fan loads. In fact, I'm also not sure how to wire it in a 3-way or 4-way setup and whether its even possible...

Comment

Is a neutral required?
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Is a neutral required?
            Yes.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Do you know anything about 3 or 4-way installations?

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                We've been debating about carrying these, mostly because we've had almost no demand for them. Are folks interested in this? Please let us know. FYI - We do cover return shipping for defective products within 30 days.
                I would be interested in these. Besides their obvious uses, I believe they would provide a solution to semi-integrate my Harmony 890 with HS. I use the 890 in the media room for av equipment and a couple of z-wave dimmers. It looks like I could install these behind the dimmers associated with the 890 and have HS control those circuits along with the 890.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Well if anyone is interested, i found a schematic for a 3 way switch using the micro SES.

Here is the schematics for a 3-way switch for the micro SES:

http://imgur.com/VExcY

Comment

Just to return the discussion back to its topic: I would LOVE HomeSeer to carry the full line of Aeotec's micro relays, for two specific reasons:
                    1. I have a number of locations in my house where the current switches and dimmers are special-order Leviton designer type. As much as I would love to have them controlled by HS, I can't just throw a white Evolve/GE/etc. "standard" z-wave switch in there.
                    2. Z-wave line of lighting products is fairly small, compared to conventional non-HA ones. There are many situations where I need a device that simply does not exist in z-wave form. Example: I want to mount a small red light in a junction box next to every door, to have it turn on every time alarm is armed. Nothing like that exists. I can, however, buy a light and use one of these micro modules to make it z-wave compatible.

The reasons mentioned above are just the two I am dealing with right now. I'm sure there are many applications people couple find for these micro modules. Just my 2c.

Comment

So HS is carying those now and I bought one. Everything is working as expected - you can control locally or thru z-wave.

One limitation is that local control (with "designer type" or regular wall switch) is not reported back to HS even though it supports association in HS. I tested this thoroughly and it doesn't seem to work.

Anyone else who bought one of those and tried them out? Did you get association to work?

Comment

Yeah seems like having association and getting instant status are not always tied. I found the following wrt instant status:

1) Cooper switches and scene controller work once associated
                        2) ZFM-80 work once associated
                        2) LFM-20 doesn't have association option at all - doesn't work
                        3) TZEMT400 (Thermostat) can be associated but
                        - temperature reporting is immediate on change (up/dn by degree)
                        - association does nothing for other data - it never reports back
                        local changes to temperature settings, fan mode and other changes
                        4) Micro switch association does not provide instant status UNLESS
                        you set parameter 80 to 1 or 2

Per manual 1 enables HAIL, 2 enables Basic CC report - any idea what is the difference? Both seem to provide immediate status.
                        http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/uploa...5ba0aefe99.pdf

With this now you can use either micro switch or ZFM-80 as a contact-closure sensor. That is cool since they can be powered directly by 110V so no need for batteries or USB wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
                          Yeah seems like having association and getting instant status are not always tied. I found the following wrt instant status:

1) Cooper switches and scene controller work once associated
                          2) ZFM-80 work once associated
                          2) LFM-20 doesn't have association option at all - doesn't work
                          3) TZEMT400 (Thermostat) can be associated but
                          - temperature reporting is immediate on change (up/dn by degree)
                          - association does nothing for other data - it never reports back
                          local changes to temperature settings, fan mode and other changes

Per manual 1 enables HAIL, 2 enables Basic CC report - any idea what is the difference? Both seem to provide immediate status.

With this now you can use either micro switch or ZFM-80 as a contact-closure sensor. That is cool since they can be powered directly by 110V so no need for batteries or USB wiring.
                          Nice pickup on this one. I've beem using parameter 80 to 1.

Comment

Just bought a lot of 4 of the first generation switch model and one of the new dimming version.

I have one load and one dimming used to control the fan and light separate. Originally the light/fan was on one switch. That was just a simple two wire the power wasn't even at the switch it was in the ceiling which works for this application.

The only comment I have is these devices were based on Fibrao design and are really designed to use branded wire and not solid core like most US households are wired. This makes it difficult for the wire to stay secure in the module.

Comment

Do you know if the Aeon Smart Energy Switch works the same way? I found the setting for the root device, but the binary switch is a child device. I can't seem to get it to work with auto status updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X