X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Faster" Loading Client / Service Based Client

Rupp,

Per your request:

On a similar subject*, Rich/Rupp, has there been any effort on launching HSTouch faster on the Android?

To help jog your memory, it was the compromise we all seemed to agree on in loo of making HSTouch on the Android a service, you (Rich) were going to look into changing the Android from reading an XML to some binary format, which would allow us to get HSTouch started up based on NETWORK limitations, VS minutes of the program reading the XML (I too have been victim of the Android/Linux based XML parser being slow as molasses in winter sliding down a frozen flag pole).

Also to toss in there, would be nice to be able to (from intent...or command line) load HSTouch to one of the three profiles. I.e. have 3 shortcuts or something like that on the Android Launcher to choose which profile to load.

Also would be nice for the Android client to have an intent added to allow us to (from external) load the client to a specific page. Per your comments, if I were to get a text, I could do something with HSTouch. I use Tasker. If I get a text from Homeseer, Tasker can automatically open the HSTouch client directly to the page I want. -- I know I can just use Mr. Happy's plugin to wait for my phone to connect, then from the server PUSH the page jump...just a thought if you are already in there adding intents.

Thanks!

--Dan

*similar subject was a discussion on the Android In Wall Touchscreen and it's future at HS.
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Rich is out today but I'll ping him as soon as I can.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Rich is out today but I'll ping him as soon as I can.
      Nah. Rich deserves a day off.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        Nah. Rich deserves a day off.
        Yea, It'll be tomorrow before I ask him.

Comment

Thanks Rupp. I know the team is still busy with HS3, so I've been trying to be patient and not becoming "Are we there yet...are we there yet...are we there yet...etc."
          BUT I also don't want this to be forgotten, as I really do not use HStouch much any more, mostly because of this. Kind of frustrating...but I understand there is only so much of the team to go around. Right now I actually just use a webpage for accessing things...I miss the dynamic nature of HST.

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Not meaning to hijack a thread, and I can start a new one if required, but can i recommend also when doing work for the Client that you consider allowing the client to auto-start on run / boot. Given HSTouch for some is the main GUI for their tablets, it should have android start on boot capabilities, rather than having to have some other program to start it.

I didn't think the start on boot was to hard a code (but could be wrong), but it would be nice to be able to turn it on and off from within HSTouch setup rather than needing third party applications etc.

Speed would be the main thing though
            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Rupp,

Were you able to pass on this thread as a reminder to Rich?

--Dan

Comment

Rupp??

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Buuuuhhhhh Uhhhhhmmmm p

--Dan

Comment

I have noted the request to start on boot, and will look at this when I get back to HSTouch. In the middle of HS3 at the moment, trying to get a beta out.

Comment

For anyone interested in keeping HST running all the time, without it being a service, might want to keep an Eye on the developer who works on the Ram Optimizer Program (mentioned other places in this forum).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2366619

Looks like he is coming out with something to LOCK a program into memory no matter what.

Might help take some of the burden off of Rich - trying to get HST to load faster. Or at least maybe it'll help take up the slack until then.

--Dan

Comment

So this came out:
                          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.MemoryLocker

It works for my Nexus 7. I tested by running HStouch. Put it in the back ground.
                          Was alerted by the server that HST was disconnected in ~30 minutes.
                          Then I locked the HSTouch. Ran the app, put it in the back ground. It ran 16 hours no issues.

I tested this on my Galaxy S2. I can not get this to run longer than 15 minutes. I think there might be some other optimization still running, but I am working on it.

--Dan

Comment

So, I spent last night setting up all my included/excluded programs in my auto killer - Which kills off anything that is not excluded, when the screen is turned off. I also installed a new module for Xposed Framework.

The new module, like Memory Locker can "lock" a program in memory. Between setting up the auto killer again, which keeps me with lots of free ram, setting HStouch to be locked in memory with Memory Locker, AND setting HStouch to be "retained" in the Xposed module, HStouch is FINALLY staying in memory for my phone.

I ran a test last night. Started HStouch at about 12:00AM. It was still running this morning. I am not sure WHICH program is allowing HST to stay running, but I suspect that combining BOTH Memory Locker and The Xposed module was really the thing. Although, if RAM gets tight, I've also seen HSTouch close.

--Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X