No announcement yet.

Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much of an issue are your connections. I run ADSL2 on a marginal quality line and rarely have issues connecting (unless I stuffed up a setting etc), given it is static IP but DynDNS servers are relatively good now days, in my case if I I have connection issues with BTraced typically if it can't connect it is because I don't have cell service. I do agree having HSTouch location capabilities would be great and allowing it to run in the background, but that may lead to the same issues you mentioned with the connection.

Adding location to HSTouch would be great or another app as maybe the update settings could be varied from the server
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
      I think they do this. It is called vehicle tracking in followmee and when the phone is plugged in, it transmits like every location. You can set a parking limit timer as well which I believe is normal mode. I believe you need the deluxe version of the app which I have.
      yep this is exactly what I needed. just upgraded to deluxe version.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
        yep this is exactly what I needed. just upgraded to deluxe version.
        Let me know how the feature works.
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

If you need someone else to test the followmee app I am happy to, I will just run both apps for the testing
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
            Right now I've got Snevl Latitude pulling data from any combination of Btraced, Latitude, or FollowMee. I would assume that by the time I post the new version Latitude will be disabled (Google says it will be on Friday), so I may go ahead and remove the references to Latitude in the web page and in the code.

Steve
            Steve, I don't think there is any change of Google back tracking , so personally I would go ahead and remove the Latitude bits.
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Which version of Followmee are you guys using?

In the App store apart from the free version there are two versions, apart from the price and the background colour of the logo I cannot see the difference. One logo has a blue background and the other green.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                Which version of Followmee are you guys using?

In the App store apart from the free version there are two versions, apart from the price and the background colour of the logo I cannot see the difference. One logo has a blue background and the other green.
                One of the differences is the free version will only update at the lowest resolution I think an hour, the paid version you can lower that to give more frequent updates. There are probably other differences as well but that is the reason I needed the paid one.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  One of the differences is the free version will only update at the lowest resolution I think an hour, the paid version you can lower that to give more frequent updates. There are probably other differences as well but that is the reason I needed the paid one.
                  Yes, but what is the difference between the two paid versions, apart from the price?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                    Yes, but what is the difference between the two paid versions, apart from the price?
                    The deluxe supports vehicle tracking. When plugged in, it will sent constant updates

I have an iPhone 5 and that feature doesn't seem to work so well.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

So I am running Steve's beta for 2.4 and so far so good. I made a couple of suggestions but the are mild. I am tracking two phones and it seems to work just like before. He did a bang up job once again.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I guess vehicle tracking isn't really necessary since you still have to poll the followmee server, a la latitude, right?

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                          So I am running Steve's beta for 2.4 and so far so good. I made a couple of suggestions but the are mild. I am tracking two phones and it seems to work just like before. He did a bang up job once again.
                          If you compare it with BTraced what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by simonog View Post
                            If you compare it with BTraced what do you think?
                            I never ran BTraced. I've heard the battery life is poor and that is a deal breaker for me.. I think Steve is running both.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I run both, the battery life varies with BTraced depending on your settings, it can drain the battery quite quick though. The main issue is that BTraced is very Trip focused, it was more like it was designed to track individual trips, so until a trip is created it does not just track, and if a trip crashes or gets closed it stops updating since there is now no trip to track.

That is really the thing that limits it in my view, the inability to ignore the trip part and just have an always on, always tracking mode (e.g. No trips). The good thing about BTraced though is that it feeds the data into your HA system, so there is no need to worry about polling an external service, basically once the phone updates, provided it can access your server, your server has the latest updated values.

Comment

Agree
                                We are busy with developing a positioning function in Btraced. Thens its possible to do trips but also easy positing without tripname etc.
                                Any input is welcome regarding this

Comment

Working...
                                X