HS3 Build 3.0.0.125 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. It's totally messed up.

How do I report this? I'm not even sure what to say. Web interface is totally screwed?

EDIT:

Works in IE but is hideous in general. Everything is as big as a whale. Maybe something I've got set up in IE. Not sure. Don't really care.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Hi all,

Just trying .121. When running scripts, I get the following error:

Code:
      Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\BetaBrite.vb: could not find library 'System.Linq.dll'
      Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        Yep. It's totally messed up.

How do I report this? I'm not even sure what to say. Web interface is totally screwed?

EDIT:

Works in IE but is hideous in general. Everything is as big as a whale. Maybe something I've got set up in IE. Not sure. Don't really care.
        Clear your cache, then refresh the page. The style sheet was changed in this version.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Clear your cache, then refresh the page. The style sheet was changed in this version.

Ahh. Thanks. That did the trick. The page is still taking up a bunch of horizontal space though. Is this intended? Makes it a little difficult to comprehend at a glance the relationships between items on the far left with items on the far right.

Comment

Yes. I think hst relented to the cries of the masses about the fixed width.

HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I was going to suggest the same about clearing cache and forcing a refresh. Below are screenshots of Chrome and IE respectively. For the first time ever since I started with HS3, the pages properly keep elements scaled as a window is re-sized and both browsers look mostly the same. IE still sucks on performance, but I think that is M$, not HS.
              Attached Files
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ahh. Thanks. That did the trick. The page is still taking up a bunch of horizontal space though. Is this intended? Makes it a little difficult to comprehend at a glance the relationships between items on the far left with items on the far right.
                With it now being much more dynamic in re-sizing, it will go to about 825 pixels of width and still retain all columns.
                Attached Files

Comment

Look at my screen shot above. While cache clearing fixed the header the width is still way more than 825 pixels. Probably more like 1700 or so.

Comment

Look at my screen shot above. While cache clearing fixed the header the width is still way more than 825 pixels. Probably more like 1700 or so.
                    But when you re-size the browser window, doesn't the page dynamically re-size? HS3 on both of my browsers fills whatever real estate I provide. If I make it full screen on my 30" monitor downstairs it is 2500 pixels wide, but I can still shrink it to about 825 before the right hand column begins to be cut off. Earlier versions of HomeSeer had sort of a fixed width, so if you made your browser full screen, HS would stop at about 1200 pixels. Now it behaves like most modern web pages.

Comment

Gotcha! I wasn't clear on what you were saying I guess.

Comment

Yes, anyone can log energy data to the database, you need to first create an HS device that displays the KWH usage and call one API function to have us log the data. Then you can use the energy page to display graphs. I will update the SDK and the sample plugin.

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                        Will it be possible for 3rd parties, like Ultra and Blade, to use an API to send data to this energy reporting feature/database entries so that our Brultech and TED energy monitors can also use the feature?

Good work by the way. I will use this one to see if I am ready to make the big HS3 move.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Go into the Z-Wave settings and make sure the switch is reporting KWH. The Zwave plugin tries to set up the config when the device is added, but you have added it long ago so it may not be set right. I would not update the KWH too often as it will log a lot of data to the DB. I keep mine at every 2 minutes. Note that wattage is not logged, only usage (KWH).

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                          How do we get the Aeotec Smart Switches to report to the energy Database?

Comment

I believe this bug is in bugzilla and we discussed it but its not fixed yet, next update hopefully.

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                            Sorry to report but thigs are not good here.

Lots of:

Aug-26 23:07:24 Error Conversion from string "08/26/2014" to type 'Date' is not valid.0
                            Aug-26 23:07:23 Error Conversion from string "08/26/2014" to type 'Date' is not valid.0
                            Aug-26 23:07:20 Error Conversion from string "08/26/2014" to type 'Date' is not valid.0

and

Aug-26 23:07:10 Error Failed to retrieve Energy GraphData Stat : Conversion from string "08/26/2014 23:00:00" to type 'Date' is not valid.
                            Aug-26 23:07:10 Error Conversion from string "08/26/2014" to type 'Date' is not valid.0

and

Aug-26 23:07:28 Error Failed to retrieve Energy Graph : Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I guess this is a date problem for me as I am in the UK.

Greig.

Comment

In the Energy web page, selecting "--Select--" in the Select Graph combobox locks the screen ("Please Wait" is displayed and never disappears).

Comment

To give you a head start, here is our snippet from the zwave plugin that adds an energy reading:

Code:
                                                        Dim ED As New EnergyData(IIf(RateType = ZW_METER_RATES.EXPORT_PRODUCED, enumEnergyDirection.Produced, enumEnergyDirection.Consumed))
                                                        Try
                                                            ' device gives us the kwh used for the Delta period
                                                            ED.Amount = V - Prev_Value
                                                            ED.Amount_End = DateTime.Now
                                                            ED.Amount_Start = DateTime.Now.Subtract(New TimeSpan(0, 0, Delta))
                                                            ED.dvRef = dvChild.dvRef
                                                            ED.Rate = 0    ' set rate to 0 if not set and the rate will be set to the HS settings rate
                                                            If Not hs.Energy_AddData(dvChild.dvRef, ED) Then
                                                                 LogWarning("Failed to add energy data received for " & DeviceName(dvChild) & " to HomeSeer.")
                                                            End If

Catch ex As Exception
                                                            LogError("Exception adding energy data received for " & DeviceName(dvChild) & " to HomeSeer.")
                                                        End Try
                                Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                                The scripting options for the energy API have always been there so it should even be possible for scripts to implement the energy API. I just added support (although not yet released) in my Current Cost plugin and I am going to see how successful I was with the commands.

Comment

Working...
                                X