Ocelot HS3 IR & X10 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot HS3 IR & X10 Support

Anyone else wish that a Fully Functional Ocelot HS3 Plugin would be available with IR & X10 support

One hand up

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Don

Comment

+1

Comment

Ditto

Comment

If anyone is willing to jump in and do the coding work, we'll provide the source code and then re-release it when you're done.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I would be willing to $$$ for someone to update the code..

Comment

Long time since I have posted on this board, but as a 15 year user of Homeseer, I'm a little irritated by the lack of support for the Ocelot. There are a lot of people who have built their automation around the Ocelot and for support to not follow in the current version really forces us to look elsewhere. I get that the Ocelot is old technology, but for what it does, it's timeless. Which is why I bought mine over ten years ago.

I recently bought HS3 to move ahead with the new way of thinking around the new protocols like zwave, but the cost to upgrade my whole house just doesn't make sense. Now to be forced to convert not only device modules but IR controllers as well forces me to wait and see what is going to come from Google and Apple.

It bothers me to state this, but Homeseer and I may have to part ways after all these years over this one issue of supporting a single Ocelot controller.

Comment

I feel your pain.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                Don

Comment

Originally posted by dcjohnston View Post
                  Long time since I have posted on this board, but as a 15 year user of Homeseer, I'm a little irritated by the lack of support for the Ocelot. There are a lot of people who have built their automation around the Ocelot and for support to not follow in the current version really forces us to look elsewhere. I get that the Ocelot is old technology, but for what it does, it's timeless. Which is why I bought mine over ten years ago.

I recently bought HS3 to move ahead with the new way of thinking around the new protocols like zwave, but the cost to upgrade my whole house just doesn't make sense. Now to be forced to convert not only device modules but IR controllers as well forces me to wait and see what is going to come from Google and Apple.

It bothers me to state this, but Homeseer and I may have to part ways after all these years over this one issue of supporting a single Ocelot controller.

I might start looking myself for something to replace Homeseer I have to much invested in the IR setup here and your correct the Ocelot is timeless for what it does.

Comment

ADI Ocelot Plugin coming soon

In the final stages of completion on an Ocelot plugin for HS3 that that is Tab based with all the goodies we got used to with Michael McSharry's HS2 plugin.
                    The IO, and IR tabs are self populating depending on the units connected.
                    The CPUXA system map may be used to replace the Homeseer default device name. The IR Codes (in progress) will also be mapped to the CPUXA system map names. the Secu16IR units are created as value devices. A simple script copying the IR code to the IR Zone device will automatically send that code out the IR Zone.

I will confer with Richard (RH) about the release of this plugin since he kindly supplied the base source code. Currently, variables, IO and CPUXA mapping are all functional. The IR Code creation and mapping will be ready the middle of next week. I have uploaded screen shots. I don't have Secu16 modules at home, so I will take a screen shot at my customer's site and post it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sweet. Nice job.

Wish I had seen this post before investing in three devices to replace the Ocelot.

Live and learn....
                      Don

Comment

Fantastic News Was ready to jump ship so I could use my Old tech that works so Good> Thanks

Comment

Will there be something available for the USBUIRT?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

This plugin is uniquely Ocelot. I am not familiar with the USBUIRT device.
                            My knowledge of VB.net is limited. I don't really create, I modify existing code to make it do what I want.
                            I am not employed by Homeseer, merely a contractor who needed the Ocelot Plugin for a project I did in 2005 and am now updating to Windows 7, HS3, and
                            MainLobby 4

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                              Will there be something available for the USBUIRT?
                              Hi Steve, Blade has a plugin for this.

Cheers
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                              X