Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Upgrade not working with PLM - Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Upgrade not working with PLM - Solved!

Mark,

I have successfully been using the Insteon 2413UH with HS2 over the past year.

I am trying to upgrade to HS3 v3.0.0.152 with the Insteon 3.0.5.16. I have copied across my unzipped "HSPI_Insteon.exe and dll files" from the unzipped 3.0.5.16 folder.

A) Is the Insteon 2413UH supported? I know the Insteon 2413U is.
    B) Is the Insteon 2245-222 Hub supported? (now available for $39)
    C) Does your HS3 software also support X10 commands with the above controllers?
    D) Can I just copy my insteon.ini file from my HS2 config directory to the HS3 directory and have all my devices "up and running" (i.e. avoid all that data entry)
    E) I presume the HS Insteon plugin needs to be disabled when your plugin is enabled. I have successfully added Insteon devices to the HS Insteon plugin but with the X10 capability and HS2 Insteon database it makes more sense to use your software.

I have the error listed below on your Insteon Plugin. I have confirmed the Com 3 port is connected to the Insteon 2413UH.
    ** You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer **
    Insteon functions are only available when the I/O interface is enabled.

Attached you will find your Insteon Plug-in Error Log.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

P.S. The Vista plug-in works great!
    Attached Files

doug,

i think you have the wrong version of the insteon.dll. please check that and restart. it should be 1.0.5.16.

A. 2413UH is supported
    B. 2245-222 is not supported; its in the works; but way off.
    C. X10 should work with the 2413UH
    D. yes, copy in the insteon.ini to the hs config folder, and the plugin will create all the devices. You of course will need to recreate events and triggers
    E. you will need to disable the other insteon plugin.

glad the vista plugin is working
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Insteon Plugin Problem

Mark,

I deleted old insteon files, re-downloaded your Insteon v3.0.5.16, extracted then copied FTD2XX_NET.dll and Insteon.dll to the H3\Config directory and HSPI_Insteon.exe to the H3 directory.

I have the same problem as you can see in the attached pdf file.

Interesting that even though the "Insteon Error Report.Log" is timestamped at 10:02 pm tonight, the Error Report itself is timestamped at 5:08:21 pm. Is that GMT versus Pacific Time?

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug
      Attached Files

Comment

Dlls go in the hs root folder not the config. Please shutdown hs, move them and then restart hs
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

HS3 Insteon Now Working

OK - I guess I was a little "brain dead" on that one. Works fine now.

I gather the x10 database is part of HS even though you send x10 commands, so I will have to re-enter all of my x10 devices again.

Also, the program that converts HS2 -> HS3 events & devices lost all of my Insteon and "Run Event/Script" references in the events. I gather even if I had my Insteon database in place, the only thing I get from the conversion is the Event Names in alphabetical order.

Thanks for your support and very timely help,

Doug

Comment

Yes, the x10 devices are stored in the hs database so you will need to recreate those. please make sure you 'save as insteon x10' btn on the Insteon tab when creating the devices. otherwise the plugin won't be able to control them.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X