Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lutron Zigbee remote

http://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/2...nnected-bulbs/

Anyway to get this talking to Homeseer? The design is very nice and it can be wall mounted.

I'm going to guess no, just because HS doesn't have zigbee support.

Comment

Hi.

It should work with Hue. Hence it must be ZigBee light link?

Maybe Wim can add it to JowiHue? It will reguire it to work with the Hue hub not just the bulbs.

Regards
      Morten

Comment

I just received an announcement from Homeseer about zigbee support under development. http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...&id=1927bd6c4c

Presumably this will work through some sort of hub and would work with these remotes?

Comment

I don't know if ZigBee HA work with ZigBee LL. :-|

Regards
          Morten

Comment

It may or may not work. The issue with ZigBee is there are in effect several different protocols that are labeled ZigBee yet they fail to communicate with one another.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, I am just now learning about Zigbee. If I wanted to try it and get it working in Homeseer which hardware and software plugins would I need to try this?

Comment

I use ZigBee LL daily with Philips Hue and Jowihue plugin. But I think of it more like Hue than ZigBee.

Comment

with a Homeseer Zigbee interface, how will the server communicate with Zigbee devices?

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                    http://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/2...nnected-bulbs/

Anyway to get this talking to Homeseer? The design is very nice and it can be wall mounted.
                    SimonMason,

Philips is advertising the same remote (by the looks of it) for their Hue system. So my plugin will soon support the remote. I have to buy and test it, but i expect it is working similar as the tap, which is also supported by my plugin.

But be aware it is then only talking to the bridge and the lights connected to that bridge. The bridge supports hue lights, and several lights from Osram, GE and other strips from a German company.

If you want to support devices outside the bridge, e.g. control stuff with HS3 through this remote, there will be delays of +/- one or two seconds as the change is only seen by polling, wich is already done for the tap.
                    Philips does not yet send signals to the outside world (e.g. HS) directly. I know several programmers, including me, are knocking on Philips's door to do this, but so far no luck.

So, yes my plugin will support it soon, but I think it will be a bit slow to control stuff outside the zigbee bridge.

Wim
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      The bridge supports hue lights, and several lights from Osram, GE and other strips from a German company.
                      Hi Wim,

Do you have a list or links to some of the other suppliers, especially the strips as I may be inclined to use it with more options for affordable lights.

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
                        Hi Wim,

Do you have a list or links to some of the other suppliers, especially the strips as I may be inclined to use it with more options for affordable lights.
                        Here is the link for the lightstrips from the supplier
                        Their advantage is that you can control different sizes of strips, this is just the ballast basically. And it seems to be 100% zigbee light link compatible and therefor also controllable with the Hue bridge.

Osram is using their lightify series, which is Philips Hue compatible as well. Links i am finding are mainly in Dutch and German so I guess i will not post these links here.

GE link is another brand connecting to the Hue bridge (mainly for the US I think?) You can check for info here.

Hope this puts you on track?

Thanks,

Wim
                        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

@w.vuyk - I do want to control Homeseer from this remote. It looks like a great option to add switches anywhere and then trigger some homelier events. I don't have a Philips Hue system - although I have been eyeing them for some time so it wouldn't take me much to go for it. I think I might do this regardless.

As I understand it I could do it through the Hue hub - which would not be instantaneous due to the fact that it has to be polled or separately it looks like Homeseer is working on some sort of Zigbee interface which might talk to the Lutron remote? If Homeseer does release a Zigbee interface what hardware interface would it likely use?

Comment

I tried using a Hue Tap with Jowihue. There's a 2 seconds delay if I set poll to the lowest working delay. In my setup it was no good. But if you can wait 2 seconds it's working now.

Regards
                            Morten

Comment

Yeah, that's not going to work. Will wait to see what Homeseer turns out for native Zigbee.

Comment

Working...
                              X