This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Zoom' for phones or tablets?

When using the Web page builder HS3 on my iPhone, I kind of hoped to see the content full width. It does appear like this:
    (on iPhone 6 Safari browser)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 22.14.47 .png
Views:	1
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1180841

RemoveLogoBar=1
    RemoveLinks=1
    UseFooter=0

Is the only solution to make everything a lot bigger? (which would make it look crazy when viewing on a PC)

Cheers
    DJ

Comment

Do you have more than one column enabled? If so you would see that effect.

If you set ColumnNumber=1, you can also set PageWidth=100%
      Jon

Comment

Embed IP Camera display in webpage

Hi Jon, first, thank you for building the web page builder for HS3, I used this eons ago with HS2, and I am happily digging again now. I have one question now, how can I embed an IP camera in a page? I tried "[embedrefresh,http://00.00.000.:81/videostream.cgi?rate=30;user=user&pwd=pass]" which works in a browser, but only displays my homeseer page in the window created. I have seen other pages with embeded video, so I am hoping this is possible with my camera setup.
        Thanks.

Comment

Have you tried the image tag i.e.

[image,http://00.00.000.:81/videostream.cgi...user&pwd=pass]
          Jon

Comment

I did, it just displays an icon. I finally found using videostream.cgi is an issue with IE. I used Chrome and it worked fine, although it does suck you can't use any browser. Also, it does depend on where I am, if on the intranet, I have to use a local address. from the Internet, I have to use my public address.
            Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Some cameras use Javascript to switch the code as appropriate to the browser being used. If you know what you are doing, you can create a web page and then embed that in Web Page builder.
              Jon

Comment

Jon,

Do you have any plans to add "real-time" status updates?
                I want my page to be responsive, but the constant flicker from the refresh drives me crazy.

I've experimented by creating a JS script using AJAX & HS's JSON interface to refresh the values only every second. I still use your script to generate the page:
                For example:
                Code:
                BodyData=<script type="text/javascript" src="jon00AJAX.js"></script>
                Column1Section1-1Middle=<div class='hsDevice' id='361'></div>
                I'd love to have this more integrated in to your script but it's encrypted. I've read on here a bunch of times how you don't want to make any money from your contributions, just wondering why you don't open source them?

In any case, another great script and its much appreciated.

Comment

This was actually written for HS2 for people who did not know how to program and mimic Quickview.asp which was widely circulated at the time. It was never designed as a fully functional control interface as I provided another package (touchscreen interface) with full AJAX support.

In addition, I was never going to upgrade this to HS3 but was badgered by loyal HS2 users.

I can add Div tags with unique ID's but I have no intention of providing full AJAX support at this time.

Originally posted by AllanMar View Post
                  I've read on here a bunch of times how you don't want to make any money from your contributions
                  That's not strictly true. I don't program on the basis to make money as I tend to write stuff which I use myself. I do however appreciate donations if people find my work useful to their Homeseer setup.

Originally posted by AllanMar View Post
                  just wondering why you don't open source them?
                  Several reasons but the primary one is support. I got my fingers burnt on several occasions in HS2 where 'modified' copies of scripts I had published had circulated. People reported bugs to code I did not know existed and I tried to support whilst working to different versions!
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    Do you have more than one column enabled? If so you would see that effect.

If you set ColumnNumber=1, you can also set PageWidth=100%
                    Changed:
                    + Moved everything to 1 column, pagewidth=100%.
                    + Used big buttons, changed font to big

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4712.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1182317

Now I see the same result, except that the full width of the page is used, but everything is still small.

Q: if you want to use the Page Builder on a mobile device (like an iPhone), what are the best settings to use to get "normal" sized controls, text, icons, etc.

Comment

I cannot answer your question as I have never used the HS3 version on a mobile device. You can adjust the button size using the Buttonsize= entry under [Settings]

Adjusting the size of the text etc is done using CSS (cascading style sheets) and defining classes in the ini file. Homeseer uses hs.css and custom.css

If you don't want to define your own, you can copy hs.css, and call it mobile.css. You would then add this under the CSSName= entry i.e. CSSName=mobile.css and set UseStylesheet=1 (both under [settings]).

Finally you would open up mobile.css and make changes to the tableheader, tablecolumn, tablecell font size etc (check out page 10/11 in the docs)
                      Jon

Comment

Jon, HS3 ver 208 introduced new contemporary icons. I chose not to use them. But they still show up on some devices. I don't mind that they show but, on web pages built with Web Page Builder, the icons are huge. See photo.

I am not able to get rid of the icon. They are not part of the device configuration pages. Any suggestions?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

If you read post 148 and 149 of this thread you will see that was discussed and Jon linked to this to set your icon size:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=512

Might give that a try and see if that works for you.

Jeff

Comment

I downloaded and installed the latest version of Jon00 WebPage Builder. Problem solved.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Sorry Steve, I should have responded with that info......
                              Jon

Comment

Just wanted to showcase some things you can do with Jon00's excellent plugins. This is a couple of pages I made using Jon00's plugins. The page is generated with the Web Builder plugin. I love this plugin as it's easy to configure and very flexible. There are several other plugins on the page.. the Database Graphing utility, and the virtual graphing utility. There is also devices that get their information from his BBC Weather plugin and also his Web scraper plugin.

I also have a completely different set of .INI files for the iPad and for the mobile allowing me an easy to use and scaled touch interface for all devices. (pictures attached)

I can highly recommend any of Jon00's plugins. Be sure to send him a donation.. he deserves it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X