Question configuring Leviton VRCS2-MRZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AbMagFAb View Post
    FWIW, since I switched to the Z-Net, they've worked flawlessly 100% of the time. They used to gradually get "lost" from the Z-Wave network and I'd have to go through the above process regularly, but now they are rock solid and I've never had to add them again (been a year or so).

Good luck!
    I will be adding these to two different Z-Nets. But haven't been successful yet no matter how close the z-net is to the switch.

Do you have any input on distance?

Comment

I had the Z-Net right up next to the switches. I just used my iPhone battery charger to power it and switched it to wifi.

Comment

Well after many times of trying the instructions above and failing I finally found the trick or the correct instructions.

The trick is there is a step missing after step 3 and 6 which are not very clear to begin with. Both step 3 and 6 say to "keep holding" and never tell you when to release.

Also turning red resets the switch but doesn't put the switch into inclusion mode. Orange does. So doing step 3 and 6 is fine (but not needed) as long as after doing them you have to hold for half the time and wait until the switch is blinking orange then click add on homeseer.

1) Hold both buttons on switch until both are blinking orange
        2) Click add in homeseer and it will add the root and scene controllers. (3 of the 5 total devices)
        3) Hold the top button on switch until blinking orange
        4) click add in homeseer and it will add one load (4th device of 5)
        5) Hold bottom button on switch until blinking orange
        6) click add in homeseer and will add the 2nd load. (5th and final device added)

I found after this it already associated the buttons and loads and everything worked on the switch and using the 2 loads in homeseer work as required with no further steps needed. This works if your only using the top button to control the top load and the bottom button to control the bottom load.

I also found this worked atleast 15 feet from the switch but in the same room. After trying and failing so many times within literally 6 inches.... with the correct instructions it included fine to my Znet from atleast 15 feet away where the Znet was normally located I did not test further distances but I suspect anywhere in direct range of z-wave it probley would have also worked. So don't feel it has to be within a foot of the switch to work.

Comment

Working...
        X