X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    /JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=33&property=HSdevValue&va lue=2

Sets the value of device with ref 33 to 2

Note that doing this will not cause any device triggering. If you want to trigger an event, use the JSON command "controldevicebyvalue".
    with the following device if I wanted to change dev_watt_curr:11 would the request be configure below to set the value to 2?

/JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=33&property=dev_watt_curr &value=2

Reference ID 33
    dev_watt_curr:11
    Status 2170 = Unknown
    Value 2170 = "2170 Watts" String

I understand this does not cause a device trigger, but If I have an event check the value to see if it is a certain value, then do something shouldn't that work?

Comment

change value does not work

I am totally confused on how to get a value tbe set via the API. Has anyone been able to get that to work? I have tried a number of different iterations of the request and cannot get it to update even though the response is ok.

Below is a device I am trying change the value on via the json API.

I have tried all the below combination and nothing works. If I need to use a different value for the property name, what is the property value or where do I find them?

JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=51&property=Value&value=0
      /JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=51&property=HSdevValue&va lue=0
      /JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&property=HSdevValue&value=0
      /JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&property=Name&value=0
      /JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&property=Value&value=0

Does updating work with the API, querying the values has been working fine.

Comment

While the value is a property on a device I don't think it can just be set as other parts of the device are involved. Try using this command:

/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=51&value=0

Originally posted by ehinkle27 View Post
        I am totally confused on how to get a value tbe set via the API. Has anyone been able to get that to work? I have tried a number of different iterations of the request and cannot get it to update even though the response is ok.

Below is a device I am trying change the value on via the json API.

I have tried all the below combination and nothing works. If I need to use a different value for the property name, what is the property value or where do I find them?

JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=51&property=Value&value=0
        /JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=51&property=HSdevValue&va lue=0
        /JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&property=HSdevValue&value=0
        /JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&property=Name&value=0
        /JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&property=Value&value=0

Does updating work with the API, querying the values has been working fine.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That worked for this device but when trying it on another device I get an error. What I am trying to do is populate some virtual devices that I create in homeseer with data from some sensors I have that are not zwave compatible. The values will vary as the are temperature, voltage and wattage reading. I was hoping to be able to post that data to a homeseer devices so I could have the an event check the values and if in a certain range launch an event.

when using the controldevice option, looks like I have to have values that are predefined on the device and it has to be one of those values. If i use a value other than one defined, it displays an error but if I use a defined value it controls the device.

Comment

Yes, when you create the device make sure you add a status/value pair that covers the range that the device will be set to.

Another option is to use the global variables where you can create a variable that will hold your values. However, the values would only be available from scripts.

If the values are integer values, you could create some counters and load those with the values, they can then be checked with events.

There are script commands that can load the counters.

Originally posted by ehinkle27 View Post
            That worked for this device but when trying it on another device I get an error. What I am trying to do is populate some virtual devices that I create in homeseer with data from some sensors I have that are not zwave compatible. The values will vary as the are temperature, voltage and wattage reading. I was hoping to be able to post that data to a homeseer devices so I could have the an event check the values and if in a certain range launch an event.

when using the controldevice option, looks like I have to have values that are predefined on the device and it has to be one of those values. If i use a value other than one defined, it displays an error but if I use a defined value it controls the device.

Comment

Hi

is the setdeviceproperty funstion implemented or not? I cannot get it to work, i want to change a devicestring from the JSON interface, is this possible?

Bart
              Regards Bart
              ------------------------------------------
              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
              HSPRO 3.
              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Should be working, the format is:

/json?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=DEVICE_REF_NUM&property=N AME&value=VALUE

For the property you want, use: HSdevString

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                Hi

is the setdeviceproperty funstion implemented or not? I cannot get it to work, i want to change a devicestring from the JSON interface, is this possible?

Bart

Comment

hi rjh,

I tried several propertys but got only the name property to work, for the device string is tried this;

http://localhost/json?request=setdev...lue=teststring

and

http://localhost/json?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=3287&property=HSdevString &value="teststring"

But no luck, however get back;

{ "Response":"ok" }

any idea, i am using 3.0.300. BTW is there also a list of properties that should work available?

thanks

Bart
                  Regards Bart
                  ------------------------------------------
                  Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                  HSPRO 3.
                  Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Rich is wrong about setdeviceproperty. See this thread for what I found.

Comment

Working...
                    X