Jandy Aqualink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jandy Aqualink

The attached plug in is for the Teledyne Lars Aqualink Pool/SPA control system. It requires that the Aqualink have the RS232 control interface installed. It provides full control and status reporting over all aspects of the Jandy line of controllers and my be configfured to match your exact installation. Feel free to send comments or requests for assistance to my email address in my profile
    Attached Files

Error with plug-in

I'm getting the following error with this plug in.. any ideas?

Run-time error '-2147418107 (80010005)'
    Automation error
    It is illegal to call out while inside message filter.

Comment

These things usually mean that an event handler (e.g. MSCom1_OnCom) is making calls outside the handler. Event handlers usually need to be austere with the heavy work done from a timer that is triggered by the event handler.

Comment

Still stumped

This is the error I get when I try to enter the setup for the plug-in. At this point it has not ever worked for me. Upon adding the plug-in and restarting homeseer, then attempting to enter the setup this error happens. How do I correct it? Am I doing something wrong? There are 2 different files associated with this: hspi_Aqualink.exe and Aqualing.txt. Am I supposed to use them both in the config folder?

Comment

Looking for Jandy Aqualink RS232 adaptor

Can anyone recommend a good place, preferably online, to purchase the Aqualink RS232 adaptor? I've been meaning to get one, but they're pricey. . .

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

hey barry. any updates on this system? i want to automate my pool systems. i have HS and ELK. what hardware do i need from aqualink?
            HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Barry hosts the latest version of his software here:
              http://www.the-gordons.net/homepage/DownLoad.html

Comment

Hi Barry,

Sorta have it working .... but communication seems spotty at times and each and every time open the aqualink setup window and then try to hide it i get this...

11/11/2011 4:09:18 PM
                Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program.
                HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.23
                Source: HSPI_AQUALINK
                Target: Void cmdHide_Click(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
                Stack trace:
                at HSPI_AQUALINK.clsSetup.cmdHide_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(M essage& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
                at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
                Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

Any ideas?

Thanks....

Chris

Comment

Was anyone able to get this plugin to run stable?

I have yet to purchase my pool equipment because I am not sure which equipment that I can interface with HS..
                  HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                  PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                  HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

It works for me. I use it w/ HS to remotely control my pool, for example sending an email to turn on the spa and I turn down the pool heat when my alarm is on. I also receive emails when the pool pumps are running at the wrong time.
                    Barry has been very repsonsive to help requests too.

Comment

Excellent info. Are there any other pool controllers that can be integrated with homeseer?

Right now I am trying to select a controler. 1st importance is if it can communicate with HS & HS Touch, then I will choose based on the features the features of the pool controller.

Any input about Pentair Products? I was looking at their IntelliTouch sub panel power center and seems they offer more selection on controller features. They advertise it can run with home auto and they give some script language.

Charlie
                      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

What is the latest here regarding pool controllers?

Also, any plan to port this plugin to HS3?

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

You guys should email Barry and ask. He doesn't visit as much as he used to so he may not see this post for a while.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I just did! Thanks!

I will let everybody know if he replies.

Regards,

Marcus

Comment

Working...
                            X