No announcement yet.

Tccal is Awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a few views. I had to resize them to get them to upload but this should give you an idea of what the interface looks like and the options. This is at work so I set up one test event to give you an idea what it looks like.
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, Greg; you are such a pal!

Boy, that looks really cool.

--David

Comment

Here ya go!
        Attached Files
        Thanks,

T.

Comment

New Update

For those interested there is a new update.
          A bugfix for the Type mismatch: 'cLng' error. I Finally tracked it down. It was caused by deleting a homeseer event before the one in the calendar view.

And a new feature of sorts. I added a script that can be used for VR or just to speak the current days events. The vr allows voice commands such as "Read my appointments for monday", "Check my appointments for Thursday" , Read me todays appointmnets", "read Fridays appointments" , etc. Or just run without vr to have hs speak todays appointments. There are instructions in the comments at the top of the script.

The only change to the webpages is the calinc.asp and the new text file(script). Be carefull not to overwrite your database.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Comment

vr add

Tom, thanks for the VR add. Very Cool.

-Ron

Comment

Tom,

Very nice! I read through the thread and do not see how to import existing events. I have been playing around with something similar for just thermostat control. I could provide code snippets for reading HS events and adding them to calendar. Not sure that you would even need to import into you database although I imagine some of the additional functionality that you added would be lost.

I also have worked with displaying recurring events on a calendar page and need only one event. HomeSeer handles the recurring part.
              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
              My Hardware & Software

Comment

Tom - Very impressive work, as always! Thanks for sharing with everyone, it's a much needed tool. One suggestion -- Some appointments don't "need" an end time (Say for a Dinner, a party, or Dr. Appt) but if you don't enter an end time you get the error "End time cannot be before start time". What if the end time defaulted to the start time automatically so you don't necessarily have to choose an end time if it's not needed?

Since you're looking for feature ideas for future updates, here are two I would find quite useful:
                1) A birthday/anniversary database with year of birth/marriage to keep track of everyone's age or anniversary number.

2) A way to be reminded that an appointment is coming (maybe a box saying how many days in advance to remind you). For example, you might want to be reminded 7 days in advance that your big presentation is on Wednesday, but you wouldn't want daily reminders that "Trash Day" is on Friday.

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks, Tcassio!

--David

Comment

Jim,
                    I'd be happy to look at any code you want to contribute or any mods you care to make. A import for homeseer events was a request from a while ago. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

CJVann,
                    I believe the reminder option in the add event page has a dropdown for days before. Which might do what your asking. Originally I just intended for homeseer to just create a reminder event in HS. But after some thought I may should have the add event create a event for hs with the startdate entered and a seperate event for a reminder if checked. I'm not really sure what everyone's needs are here.

I'll give the birthday/anniversary some thought. I did add some preliminary support in the database for event categories. Although none for keeping track of age or anniversary number. I do have some plans for future updates if possible. Event categories, login system, private/public events, and optional custom fields so users could track more info for each event. Also I was thinking of adding some type of import/export like they use with Icalendar.

I'm always open to suggestions.

Comment

Reminders when reading upcoming events

Hi Tom - The dropdown reminder creates a one-time reminder announced at a specific time (VERY useful, by-the-way!!) What I'm asking about is more of a flag so that every time I run my "Check Calendar" script , it knows to announce the reminder if it's within the reminder period.

If I ask HS to read me my calendar for the week, some things you'd want a reminder for, some things not. I might want it to let me know if it's within a week of an upcoming birthday or annual conference, but would NOT want 7 days of reminders that "Trash Day" is on this weeks calendar. You don't need to write any scripting or anything, just so long as I can reference the reminder period in my own scripts, that would be infinately useful to me!

Comment

TODO list File

Had my calender working great, then I had a crash. I have backup files and I do have the program working other then the TODO list. This was my favorite part and had a great list. Had it all organized in a perfect order. I was loving it.
                        I had a lot of stuff in it, but now I can not find the data file that it would be stored in. Could some one tell me where the information of my todo list is stored. This is all the information I had on the calender so far, was getting ready to start using it for appointments and reminders. So the only think I have lost is all of my TODO's. I have back up of the program file but did not seem to reload it. I have many back up file, because I have the system back up all night long in differant ways so in case something like this happens.
                        So tired of looking for this one data file, could someone let me know what is the file that the TODO list if stored.
                        Thanks you,
                        danielbo
                        danielbo

Comment

Hi Tom,

Love the TCAL setup, I have however found some weird items when installing today.

When I am in Euro date format, events I create show in year, month, day view, but not in weekview. If I create events when set to US date format, I only see them in weekview, not in year, month...... hope you get what I mean.

Also, if I check the reminder button and click to `Add the event`, I always get an error message

Script error: Subscript out of range: '[number: 2]'

'checks if changes submitted
                          action = Request.QueryString.Item("action")
                          If action = "dbaddrecord" then
                          DBAddRecord
                          End If

if (ucase(Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER"))) = (ucase("guest")) then
                          response.redirect "accessdenied.asp"
                          End If

Comment

Still looking hoping someone can tell me what file it would be that handles the todo list.

I had to redo my homeseer and I have a back up, but dont want to install all that I took off. I had a lot of stuff on the todo list, but cant find the file that holds the data.

Please help me someone,
                            Thanks,
                            danielbo
                            danielbo

Comment

I beleive the calendar.mdb file is in the Homeseer\html\tccal\calendar directory.
                              Thanks,

T.

Comment

Sorry I've been a little busy lately. Got some more free time so I'll work on this more.

Evja:
                                I was able to reproduce the error's here. I'll see what i can do about fixing them. The problem is in my code.

CJVann:
                                I see what you mean about needing a way to distinguish between a normal event and a reminder event. A timespan for a reminder to be active could be usefull. I'll give it some thought.

danielbo:
                                Sorry I missed your post. Tcassio is right. All the data is saved in the calendar.mdb file.

Comment

Working...
                                X