Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back for another electronics lesson please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem Rupp. Don't hurt yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Ok. Placing the reed switch of the DS10A just below the coil works perfectly. Thanks for all the help guys.
      ok so what were you doing with it...

what did you have to do and do you got a pic?
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Here's one pic that shows the reed switch mounted under the coil. Now when someone rings my door bell I get "doorbell" announced on the WH audio system and if the house is unoccupied, I have an email sent.

Thanks again guys for all of the help and suggestions.
        Attached Files
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Comment

Would a aeon labs DSB29-ZWUS window sensor also work? I assume so

thanks

Comment

Re: I'm back for another electronics lesson please.

Id say anything that can change a value should work.... is it smaller than a ds10a?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Actually I think it needs to be able to control a value based on magnetic connection. From the looks of the diagram they are putting one side of the sensor near the coil where the coil is simulating the other side of the window sensor

Comment

External Reed Switch Possibly Better

Originally posted by mpovolo View Post
                  Would a aeon labs DSB29-ZWUS window sensor also work? I assume so

thanks
                  This unit has the reed switch inside the case of the main unit and an external(smaller unit) magnet. Since you want to "replace" the magnet with the coil in the doorbell, you would necessarily need to place the main unit inside the doorbell close enough to the coil for the coil to activate the reed switch inside the main unit---might be difficult unless your doorbell had lots of room(like Rupps). A better solution is to find a z-wave sensor(assuming you want z-wave) that will accept a open/close contact(two terminals) and use a small reed switch wired to the terminals as Rupp has done.
                  TheEverspring SM103-1 Z-Wave Door / Window Sensor has this capability and I have used in this mode.

BobSpen

Comment

Working...
                  X