This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enhancement to $DATE replacement variables

I thought of 1 fairly minor cosmetic change that would be quite nice...

A way of getting the "st" "nd" "rd" and "th" suffixes on the date..

Right now, as far as I can see, I can only display: "Tuesday 28 October 2008" - I can't for instance get that to be formatted as "Tuesday 28th October 2008" - can I ?

So could we have another replacement variable - perhaps sf or SF that will be substituted with the correct suffix (sf for lowercase, SF for caps obviously)...

No biggie, but I'm a perfectionist... :-)

Paul G.

Comment

You can partly do what you want. To add the "th" to the day:

[$DATE=dd"th"]

For "28" it would display "28th". However, this does not look right when the day is "1" or "2" (1th, 2th)
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yeah, - I think Id rather have the right suffix or none at all.. - displaying "1th" just smacks of very poor design/coding - as I have always thought when I have come across this in the past... - yes, believe it or not, someone actually produced code that did this!

Like I said, no biggie, but if you could put it on the "to do list" for sometime down the line, it would be a nice-to-have...

Cheers.

Paul G.

Comment

Hidden Button State

The "hide a control" and "unhide a control" are very powerful actions, especially if your goal is to keep your screens uncluttered but still robust.

Along these lines, is it possible to have the default state for a button or control group be "hidden" when you first load a screen? I couldn't find a way to do it, and that's why I'm posting under this enhancements thread.

The idea I'm chasing is to have my floorplan as the main screen. As you click on each room in the floorplan, controls specific to that room would then show on the screen, i.e. become "unhidden."

Comment

MWhistle - good to see you.

Rich - Good job. My personal request is IPHONE/ITouch support. I know that it isn't a Microsoft environment, but would really appreciate if you would consider partnering with someone to fulfill this request.
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I'd like to be able to have the feature to set weather the Windows border is displayed on a per screen basis. For use as a popup screen.
              Thanks,

T.

Comment

I have only one problem with thos superb plugin: it work only on the primary screen
                I use two screens on my server: one for video camera, and one for touchscreen. Video camera must be one the primary screen, else software don't work. So i must use secondary screen for touchscreen. But HSTouch works pnly on the primary screen
                It will be a good idea to choose what monitor use, no ?

Comment

I would like to be able to group items together and then also be able to copy and paste them. Sort of like a user control element.

-Skybolt
                  -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                    I would like to be able to group items together and then also be able to copy and paste them. Sort of like a user control element.

-Skybolt
                    That's actually allready in there, have you seen Mark's video? http://www.homeseer.com/videos/HSTouch-Webinar.htm

Comment

I don't think this can be done yet.. at least I couldn't find anything in the help.

Button text that reflects device status. Just like the [$Date] feature, so a button text could be "Lounge Light: [$E1]"

e.g. the $[E1] would show the status text. I know I can use tracking, but that would just show "Off" rather than "Lounge Light: Off"

Also maybe being able to set button background colour set according to device status, so when a device is on, the button can have a yellow tint ?

Forgive me if this can be done already. If it has, would appreciate pointers

Comment

MFULLER,
                        you can set the background color, I think this is what you are asking for. To be able to show a button one color on off and another color when on.
                        Its under the status/device assocations, use status images
                        use one color button for on and one color button for off.
                        Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Henry B View Post
                          That's actually allready in there, have you seen Mark's video? http://www.homeseer.com/videos/HSTouch-Webinar.htm
                          Haven't seen the video yet. but when I try to save abd use the custom template only one element is in the template. After posting this request I'm thinking this might be a bug or user error. I am hopping to watch the video this weeek end.

Thanks,
                          -Skybolt

EDIT: Definelty a bug - the video even shows it. The image box fall behind the group box and you can not get it to display.
                          Last edited by skybolt; October 31, 2008, 08:49 AM.
                          -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
                            MFULLER,
                            you can set the background color, I think this is what you are asking for. To be able to show a button one color on off and another color when on.
                            Its under the status/device assocations, use status images
                            use one color button for on and one color button for off.
                            Stuart
                            Excellent, thankyou.. I'll give that a try !

Comment

Another enhancement I don't think I've seen a request for is
                              on the client upper right hand corner Exit, Open, Root Path, Client Options menu.
                              How about a refresh/reload menu option so when testing you dont have to open, open screen configuration, choose a project, then reopen it.
                              Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
                                Another enhancement I don't think I've seen a request for is
                                on the client upper right hand corner Exit, Open, Root Path, Client Options menu.
                                How about a refresh/reload menu option so when testing you dont have to open, open screen configuration, choose a project, then reopen it.
                                Stuart
                                ... or at least an option to force the client to refresh all variables.

I'd also like a "minimize" choice.
                                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                                X