Jon00 remote file grabber discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jon.

As far as I can tell I think the email setup is ok... I'm receiving warning emails from my events/scripts at my work adress (but I can check that with you)

Regards

Comment

... althought I never tried to send an email with an attachment ...

Comment

Jon

Comment

Comment

As I said, I'll take a look over the weekend.

If you look back in this thread, the zipped email download problem has already been reported. Normal downloads are working on English versions of XP etc so again this must be a regional issue.
            Jon

Comment

António,

Try version 1.08 on my site. Hopefully It should now work for you. The email zip issue has also be corrected.

If you still get the mail disabled warning, this is a Homeseer generated error and something still wrong with your configuration.
              Jon

Comment

Comment

Things are looking better then! I'll take another look at the email ZIP as this was working fine for me.

Regional settings are difficult for all software writers as they do not have the capacity to test! It gets worse with language issues and using Unicode rather than straight ASCII etc.
                  Jon

Comment

Just a quick thank you for this wonderful utility. It's brilliant when I'm out of town. I use the email facility because the direct download/zip methods didn't work that well for me, but the email works superbly and is all I need.

Whenever I think - hey, that would be a good thing to have, I've found that jon00 has already thought of it and developed something far better than I could have attempted.

Comment

Thanks for the comments MrT!

I would be interested in the problems you have experienced with direct downloads as that is the main method I normally use.
                      Jon

Comment

Jon, a few days ago I moved HS to a different computer and have just tried the download again and it's working perfectly on the new setup. The only thing that isn't working now is the download zip, which results in a 404 page. But I've only tried the latter with files on a network raid drive. I don't need the zip download and it's good to have the normal download working well.

Something with my previous HS setup (on another computer) may have been the problem with the downloads last week, because it's not a problem now.

Comment

Version 1.09 Released!

File Grabber V1.09 has now been released.

This fixes display issues on browsers other than IE.

New to this version include up to 3 presets on the home page to jump or upload to defined directories and also better navigation links in the download process.

If you have any issues with this new version, please let me know.
                          Jon

Comment

filegrabber extension - nice feature

Just installed Jon00's Filegrabber. What a great add-on for HS!
                            It's a really really awesome tool.
                            Anyway I felt there is one little thing I'm missing about it. It is some restriction to file access that could be assigned to a user (ideally).

So I would find it ultimately useful to have the ability to prevent HS users (or even guests) from having unlimited access when logged - in.

If there was a way to assign just a SINGLE directory per each user for up-/downloading it would be great in my eyes, at least.

Anyone else having similar thoughts ?

Comment

I expect I could add this quite easily.

What I will do is add a new ini section called [users]. You will be able to define each user name (inc guests) and the path of the folder they can go to. When filegrabber is called by a user that matches the list, it will automatically display the folder defined and they will not be able to navigate out from it.

Does that sound OK or have I misunderstood?
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                i expect i could add this quite easily.

What i will do is add a new ini section called [users]. You will be able to define each user name (inc guests) and the path of the folder they can go to. When filegrabber is called by a user that matches the list, it will automatically display the folder defined and they will not be able to navigate out from it.

Does that sound ok or have i misunderstood?

perfect!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X