Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong place!

Dick,

I just noticed, you posted to the wrong thread again: Let's use the "discussion thread" for this.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
      Dick,

Just to make sure: If you leave the Phonebook page and then come back (e.g., go to the config page by clicking on that link on the top of the phonebook page, then back to the phonebook page), can you confirm that it still doesn't show as entered?

I know that after you do an insert the last name won't show up in the pull-down menu. That's because.... well, I don't know how to make it do that. I think I documented that shortcoming somewhere, but if what you are talking about is that it really never shows up. If you leave the page and come back to it, the new name should certainly be there.

Try the above and let me know if that isn't the issue. I haven't added any new names for quite a while, but I just tried and verified the name was added.

I was pretty irritated that I couldn't figure out a way to re-build that menu without doing a complete redraw of the screen. But all this ASP.NET stuff is self-taught for me, and I'm really not a very good teacher!

Steve
      I just tried it again now and it worked as it should. Murphy's Law bites me in the _ _ _ _ again. (I'm sure Murphy has me on he speed dial).
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
        Dick,

I just noticed, you posted to the wrong thread again: Let's use the "discussion thread" for this.

Steve
        You're right, but when I went to the first post in the discussion area (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133635) It has a link listed in it and not reading the post real carefully, I just clicked on the link which took me here. I'll try to post in the right place next time.
        Dick
        HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

SnevlCID_DND Extra

This add-on to SnevlCID allows you to have as many Do-Not-Disturb (DND) phrases as you want, and create events to turn certain phrases on.

This was in response to a request by Ian McIntosh (completelyhis), and it was all his idea.

I'll include this in the Extras Library if/when there is another release of SnevlCID.

As always, let me know if there are any issues (post over in the discussion thread).

Steve
          Attached Files

Comment

SnevlCID v1.31 posted

I just posted v1.31 of SnevlCID over in library thread (here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...95&postcount=1). The two primary functional changes to this version:
            • Now supports a YAC server on your network as the CID provider. This lets you have a modem on a computer other than your HS computer, sending caller ID messages out to clients. SnevlCID now includes its own YAC listener client.
            • The config web page now includes fields where you can specify (via a template) the specific format and content of the email messages, email subject line, and text messages that are sent out when a new call is received.
            Other minor changes, incorporating the interim releases / alphas that have been posted here since v1.30:
            • A fix for an error introduced when there was a completely blank NAME from the CID device.
            • Took out a couple of old references to my own private BetaBrite sign. SnevlCID now easily integrates with Snevl_bb (posted here in the scripts library) to display Caller ID data on any Adaptive Micro signs (including the BetaBrite). Snevl_bb includes the instructions and samples to do so.
            • Added the capability to announce out-bound calls. This only works (obviously) with those CID devices that actually report out-bound calls.
            • Took out a couple of extraneous debug prints that were left in v1.30.
            • Added an option to override the BLOCKED setting in the phonebook, thereby allowing all calls through until you change the setting back.
            As always, post any issues, complaints, ideas/requests, or questions here in this thread.

Steve

Comment

v1.32 posted

I just replaced the ZIP attached to the first message of this thread with v1.32. This is a relatively minor mod from v1.31, only adding a couple of features requested here on the board:
              • Made the phone number field on the call log web page be a hyperlink. When you click on a phone number, a new window will pop-up showing a Google reverse-lookup on that number. The Google page apparently only works in the US. Right now I have the link hard-coded for Google in the way that works for the US, but if non-US users find a similar service I am willing to make the link either user-defined or chosen from a menu.
              • Added support for wildcards in the specification of excluded numbers for emails and text messages. Now, if you don't want to get a text message when an 800 number calls, you can simply specify 800-% as one of the exculdes.
              If you are upgrading from v1.31, you really only need to replace the following files with those in the ZIP:
              1. html\bin\Snevl_CID.dll
              2. html\Snevl_CID_Callers.aspx
              3. html\Snevl_CID_config.aspx
              4. scripts\SnevlCallerID_funcs.vben
              As always, post comments, requests, or bugs over in the discussion thread (link above).

Steve

Comment

v1.33 posted

The post at the top of this thread has been updated with the ZIP file for v1.33 of SnevlCID. Changes since v1.32:
                • For modems, an INI setting has been added to allow the max seconds between rings to be tuned. I didn't include this as something to edit in the config page because it really shouldn't be messed with. However, there may be locales where it may need to be tuned.
                • For modems, look for a MSG_WAITING tag, and use it to trigger the Message Received event (if enabled).
                • For modems, cleaned up the parsing of data to allow for a little more variation in modem models.
                • Added an option to allow text messages to be sent even when SnevlCID is in "Do Not Disturb" mode.
                • Added device string substitution to the Do Not Disturb Phrase, email body text, and text message body text. To insert a device string, include a reference of the form ${A1} into the template or phrase.
                • Extended the length of email addresses for to and from for both text messages and email messages.
                • Added a "blocked caller" event which will be triggered if a call comes in that has been marked as "blocked" in your phonebook or blocked callers pages.
                • Allow for modems that can report outbound calls, and enable the extra features of SnevlCID for outbound dialing (logging of calls, triggering events).
                • Added a new Extra to allow multiple Do Not Disturb phrases, and automating of which phrase is active at any one time.
                If you are upgrading from v1.32 you should copy over the following:
                1. html\Snevl_CID_blocked_names.aspx
                2. html\Snevl_CID_Callers.aspx
                3. html\Snevl_CID_config.aspx
                4. html\Snevl_CID_OutgoingCalls.aspx
                5. html\Snevl_CID_Phonebook.aspx
                6. html\bin\Snevl_CID.dll
                7. scripts\SnevlCallerID_funcs.vben
                For those who have devices that report outbound calls, in v1.32 I somehow neglected to include the outbound events database. If you don't already have it, you should copy over:
                • data\snevl\SnevlCID_OB_Events.mdb
                If you already have this file (or any of the files in data\snevl) DO NOT copy over them, as it will wipe out what you have already.

Post any comments or questions over in the discussion thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133635

Steve

Comment

v1.34 posted

The first post in this thread has been updated with the ZIP for v1.34 of SnevlCID. Here are the changes in this version:
                  • Made the NAME field required on the blocked names page to prevent database errors
                  • Incorporated the database compact (once per day) into the main script, so that the separate compact script is no longer needed
                  • If the NAME reported with the CID is all numbers, replace it with the default unknown name
                  • Added support for conditonal device string substitution in most fields: email body, text message body, phonebook announcement, and call log / display text (see below for more explanation)
                  Some time ago, Ian McIntosh (completelyhis) asked me to put device string substitution into the Do Not Disturb announcement. Later, Gogs had the great idea to add a way to link Snevl Latitude locations with SnevlCID announcement. The result is the conditional device string substitutions.

Here's the way it works: You refer to a device with a dollar sign and curly brackets, like this: ${A24}. This tells SnevlCID to use the device string for device A24 in whatever field you put the refernce. If this refernce is included with other text inside square brackets, the text inside the square brackets will only be used if the device string is not empty. For example, my phonebook entry for my cell phone is this:

Steve on his cell phone[, at ${g39}]

In this case, device g39 is the Snevl Latitude "near" device for my phone, so if I am near any of the places I've defined in Snevl Latitude it will contain the name of the place. So if I am at work and call on my cell phone, Snevl CID will announce this:

There is an incoming call from Steve on his cell phone, at work

However, if I am not near any of my defined places, the device string for g39 will be empty, and the extra text in the square bracket will be left out:

There is an incoming call from Steve on his cell phone

Post an questions, issues, or suggestions in the discussion thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133635

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X