This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
    No, I am simply explaining why it is not getting to the top of the TODO list very fast.

But if you wanted to take it over my guess is that Rich would not put up much of a fight!
    Rick, I am not sure I have the expertise, to give it justice. Is it VB code? Could I take a look at it and see if I can follow the logic, if I thought it looked like I could support then I would take it on?

Another idea would be to publishing to the forum, and let several of us collaborate and try to tackle the problem as open-source?

Just a thought.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

ER sensors fail

So I guess this is where it sits for another year......

Comment

Nah, I don't think it'll be that long....even the other players (DSC & Caddix) using somewhat intelligent panels will take longer to "catch up" in the state of the economy we are in right now....after all they are learning from source HW logic predecessors (obiwans of HW HA panels).
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

It is time to hand off the legacy code and let some long time HS users start to develop some new functionality with this HW device and old/new firmware.

How about it Rich?
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I agree, open source has really worked before, it's like having a hundred programmers working on it. Really just need one person that has the authoritated version that OK's any changes or additions.

If not, I'll give a shot!!! If I can't figure it out then I will cry uncle and pass the baton.
            -Larry

Plugins:
            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I believe that an organized methodology would work.

There are quite a few HAI Homeseer users on this forum and I would say many if not most of these folks have been around from the beginning always supporting Homeseer.

This endeavor would be like a holiday gift from Homeseer (Rich) to its loyal Homeseer users and be good for business.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm thrilled that your just talking about......

Comment

Hi currently what is working or not working with the hai plugin? im starting an installation on my house and want to know , im installing right know my thermosthats, lightuing , and security to my hai omnipro 2 and then going to start to work with homeseer(i already bought it but im learning) thanks

Comment

It is working with HS. I have not noticed anything not working and all that I do with it is working.

I've used it with HS Versions 1.6, 2.X for at least five years. You can send and receive commands relating to security, lighting and HVAC. HAI has upgraded the firmware a few times and the latest firmware will let you manage the HAI panels via the network connection instead of the RS-232 connection.

Here's a picture of the HVAC stuff.

Here's a partial picture of the X-10 units.

Here's a partial picture of security.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

thanks pete, for the answer, so to conect my omnipro 2(should be the last version because i just bought it) what should i need to buy else, how do you connect the panel to homeseer, thanks

Comment

Curently all you need today is a serial cable to connect to HS. I also have the panel connected to the network and a telephone line. Note that the panel can be programmed via a serial connection, network connection, telephone connection and the individual console keyboard connections. Today's principal HS connection is a serial connection versus tomorrow's HS connection via the network.

I have firmware revision 2.16 on my panel. I am not sure but would guess that you have 3.X firmware on your panel and that said firmware would function the same with HS. The advantage you have is being able to upgrade your firmware on the fly versus my panel which I have to upgrade by removing / installing a new Eprom based firmware chip.

Note that at this time many folks are plugging into their thermostats directly and thus running HVAC applications in that manner. The ability to do scheduling etc with the HVAC HAI thermostats exists via scripting but I don't believe many HAI folks are doing that today. Note that my setup is very simple, on / off, temperature etc. I've left the schedules on the thermostat and have the thermostat still running pretty independant of HS.

Its better to ask though if anyone out there is running HAI firmware revisions 3.X with current stable or beta version of HS plugin.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

If there are one or more of you out there who are seriously interested in taking the HAI code and enhancing it to address some of the changes that are desired, then please go ahead and email me to discuss it further.

As the basis for the code is almost 10 years old, it did originate as a Visual Basic plug-in that was upgraded to VB.NET, so it is not C++ or C#.
                          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thank-you Rick and Rich.

Fellow HAI users. I haven't done any programming in 25 years (ML back then) and would be very rusty but would be willing to help with this endeavor testing etc.

I just purchased a second OmniPro II giving me the ability to test in vitro.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

New and Old Features Poll

This being the first message of this topic I would like to create a list of current features, improvements and new features.

Volunteers for testing and coding: Pete, IPItman, basshook

1 - Ethernet/TCP connectivity

2 - changing from the polling engine to the event driven mechanism in HAI's DLL.

4 - Today the HAI plugin interface to the HVAC is simple. With some scripting you can do more. With a "module" of sorts you could probably emulate a self contained HVAC application tied to the connectivity of the thermostat to the panel.

5 - I use the motion sensors connected to the panel. A faster real time response via HS to the panel's connectivity to the motion sensors would be nice.

6 - today the panel has some ability for simple programming lines. Mostly HS can do all of this but it would be nice to have an interface in the plugin to directly access / change program lines.

This is just a start but I can summarize the comments on this thread to this first posting and continue making one list.
                              Last edited by Pete; November 14, 2009, 04:49 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I sent Rick an email, as I think that I might be able to contribute, but I believe we should have a couple others help with this effort, as I can only dedicate part time and I also believe a couple more minds would bring some really cool enhancements to the mix.

As I see it the first major enhancement needs to be Ethernet/TCP connectivity, as well as changing from the polling engine to the event driven mechanism in HAI's DLL.

What do you guys think?
                                -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                                X