X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
    I had the Emulate box unchecked in the ACRF2 plug-in configuration
    I checked it and it appears to be better.
    What means "better"? Did that resolve the problem?
    As you have noted, if you do not tell the plug-in that you want HS to interpret the RF signal as an X10 command, then it will only treat it as a device status change. The extra flexibility is very useful, but I can imagine in your situation you really do not want to deal with too many options just to get it working again!
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Better = functioning
      It's just a click or two slower than the MR26 plug-in.
      Kind-of stinks that I now had to pay to have my once functioning system working again.

I ordered a W800 to take advantage of the range.

Hey Uncle Michael, I grew up down the Thruway from you in Weedsport.
      Ironically, my Aunt lives in Rochester.

I'm on the other side of Syracuse now.
      Dan-O
      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

It's just a click or two slower than the MR26 plug-in.
        Kind-of stinks that I now had to pay to have my once functioning system working again.
        "Progress" is great, isn't it? VHS -> DVD -> HDTV -> BluRay -> 3DTV. Each step is, at it's heart, a way to separate us from some more money. And, unfortunately, it works! If you'd stuck with XP you'd probably be much happier now.
        I grew up down the Thruway from you in Weedsport.
        I'm on the other side of Syracuse now.
        I think there's quite a few of us in the upstate area now.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Nothing like waking up in 2010...

Dan-O, I feel your pain. My system went belly up and I had to spend days getting back up to speed. Glad it went down though....forgot how much fun I was messing.

Comment

I just did a fresh install on a new computer running Windows 7 and am having an issue with delays.
            If I go to the device web page, I can click the device on and off and it will happen almost instantly. I'm using a TI103 for my interface.

The issue I have is when I have an event triggered by a motion sensor received through my MR26a.
            There is a huge delay, I mean 30-40 second delay before the light will come on.
            I changed the priority of the events to see if it would help and there was no change.
            I don't appear to have any powerline commands happening at the time that might be jambing the interface, I have a phase coupler that has LEDs that show activity.

The idea was to upgrade my computer and speed not downgrade and add 40 second delays. This has given me low WAF.
            Any ideas?
            Dan
            Try lowering the transmit buffer for the TI103 port and possibly lowering the receive buffer for the MR26A port and see if it helps. I spoke with a user earlier today who was experiencing long delays with the TI103 attached to a USB/Serial converter. He set the transmit buffer to 8 and it solved his problem.

UPDATE: Lowering the transmit buffer all the way to "1" can even help. Check this: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=12
            Attached Files
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              If you'd stuck with XP you'd probably be much happier now.
              I still like XP and even loaded it on my new laptop. It runs so much faster than Win7 and uses a whole lot less memory.

Comment

I'm considering doing the same.
                Dan-O

Comment

I'm considering doing the same.
                  Dan-O - Did you try my suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    Dan-O - Did you try my suggestion?
                    Yup, I did.
                    There seems to be some improvement, but HS will just randomly stop responding to RF signals and just sits there 'thinking'
                    Dan-O

Comment

Oh, and thank you for the input!
                      Dan-O

Comment

Hi

Sorry I have just posted in a different thread and have just found this one. I have the same issues as Dan-O. The delays are huge and make the system unusable. The delay is definately with the MR26 plugin. If I shut down HS and run hyperterminal the remote can be seen responding immediatly. The MR26 is on a USB serial adapter but I have even tried it on the motherboards own com port on com 1 and it behaves exactly the same!

To be fair my old server used the same version of the plugin and has worked 100% for years so it has to be a problem with the new install I just dont not what else to try, everything else so far seems to be working fine!

I dont think this is a buffer issue as the delay is often around the two minute mark! I cant think what could cause such a delay. I have also tried disabling most events (all re-occuring) but this didnt help either!.

Any advice,

Thanks

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by galeforce9 View Post
                          I dont think this is a buffer issue as the delay is often around the two minute mark! I cant think what could cause such a delay.
                          But did you at least *try* it? This fix has worked for others with very long delays. Don't reject it just because it didn't work for Dan-O. At least give it a try.

Comment

MR26 delay

Hi

You are are correct I should have tested it as I had checked everything else. I have just repeated the tests with the buffers set to minimum and there is no change the delay is the same. The delay does vary from about 30 seconds to just under three minutes apparently randomly.

I have two on board comm ports four usb to serial ports and have tried most ports but the effect is the same. Serial devices connected include comfort, cm11, meteor, currentcost and the MR26. All the other devices work fine it is only the MR26 which has the delay issue.

Thanks

Ian

Comment

MR26 delay

Hi

Some further info,

Did the same checks reducing and even turning off the FIFO buffers on the built in ports and the same delays occur one even lasted over three minutes!

What I did find interesting was if I pressed a remote button to give the MR26 some data and then shutdown HS before HS actually shutdown it actioned all the button presses straight away and then shut down! I'm certain this is a HS / MR26 plug in issue. It appears that the MR26 plugin is some exe's so I can't do anything else unless someone knows of a script for the MR26 or something similar that I could modify.

Thanks

Ian

Comment

Problem identified!

Hi

Well the issue is the MR26a plugin. In trying to find a fix I discovered that the ACRF2 plugin also supported the MR26a. Quick download of the trial and a few minutes later everything was working correctly with no delays!

I have now purchased the plugin but still annoyed that origonal plugin supplied did not work. I think others will stumble across this as they upgrade so for the benefit of others it would be nice to see this fixed as it was first reported some time ago by Dan-0.

Hope this post may help someone else in future from many hours trying to solve the issue,

Thanks

Ian
                                Last edited by galeforce9; June 6, 2010, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X