Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately it is fixed for both. You can override the settings for location and Location2 but it will still be the same for both the Network and Client under that device.

Happy to add this to the next version.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon.

Just configuring multiple Wintel touchscreen clients with your application.

Pushing the client piece a bit to around 15. Total network devices though is now around 40 give or take 1-2.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Thanks Jon.

Just configuring multiple Wintel touchscreen clients with your application.

Pushing the client piece a bit to around 15. Total network devices though is now around 40 give or take 1-2.
        Sounds impressive! What are you primarily using the clients for?
        Jon

Comment

Just HSTouch screens or similiar functional screens. Kind of over kill now as the house is quiet and there is more digital activity than people activity these days in the house.

I was kind of doing your great script TS management very manually with the older TS's using some posted to Homeseer applications from the early 2000's. I started to play around with NirCMD a few years back and recently just utilized HS generated keystrokes to the HSTouch screens; but I find it much easier and less overhead to utilize your script Jon. Kind of differentiating the touch screens. (an Adam influence) like turning the bedside tablet into a clock radio one button does sleeping routine type stuff. Another one does mostly a screen saver, yet another one does weather stuff....even though all of the screens are there...

I do have dedicated to function PCs / desktops / laptops around the house though; mostly though in the off state.

Right now just setting up auto scheduling stuff with your application. Like dimming and then brightening a screen with motion during the day, shutting off the backlight at night, going to the screen savers etc. The newer TS's (Jogglers) only consume 2.5 amps via PoE such that shutting them down is not really necessary.
          Last edited by Pete; March 8, 2012, 09:55 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Boy, I am an idiot...I never put 2 and 2 together.

Recently my wife and I switched to T-Mobile. As part of the plan, we get free unlimited calling to/from any numbers when we are on wifi calling. As such, we try to use that when we can.

I just installed a new wifi router (well, my old unit) as an access point - see note below if you are considering this! I did this since the wifi calling wasn't as good as it needed to be. And after messing with a bunch of stuff and using some wireshark monitoring, it appeared my setup was making things go wonky (since it wasn't bandwidth, but RESPONSE time I needed). This is all "fixed" now and my wife is very happy using this {I know...shooting myself in the foot!}.

So, back to why I'm an idiot. With the NEW Jon00 Netowork monitoring stuff, I can tell when our PHONE are in and out of the house, since we (so far) ALWAYS turn the WIFI on when we get to the house. And using Tasker it is almost automatic for me (still working out a few bugs in my logic...trying to NOT use the GPS if I can). So, use that in combination with the RFID tags in the cars and I can tell what car and who left the house! This was necessary since I rarely use BT and all my BT dongles for the PC were not compatible with Jon00's BT scripts (tried, didn't work).

This is TREMENDOUS! Now, I just have to implement this!

Side note:
            Wow, now that I have dedicated units, one for WAN to LAN, and LAN to WLAN, I can get tremendous internet speeds without issues! I am amazed!

Before, if I started to x-fer large amounts of data through my router over WLAN, it would kill the WAN speeds. Now, everything is by itself, and so far {knock on wood} have not had to "nightly" reboot either router (where I used to have to reboot the older unit once ever 2-3 days, the newer one, once a month).

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I'm trying to get the network monitoring installed for the first time today.

I have installed all the scripts and ini files like the doc show. I can get to the aspx page and I see my network devices ok.

The problem is when I added a device code and hit submit, its not created.

I used N8 which is unused. Its going to be for my iPhone. I created an event to using the example to call the script and ("network","1"). When I go to my status page, I do not see any new device N8 or any new room group for Jon00.
              -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
              Way2 Call
              Elk M1 Gold
              UPB HAI switches
              HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Tim,

For the moment, just create a recurring event every 1 minute and call the script with optional parameters ("network",""). Next time the event runs, the device should be created. Make sure you enter the device code under the network (purple) column and not the client (blue).
                Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon.

I believe I have done that. But there are no new devices created. Here is what I have done.
                  Attached Files
                  -Tim

Way2 Call
                  Elk M1 Gold
                  UPB HAI switches
                  HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Please remove the 1 from the optional parameters i.e ("network","").
                    Jon

Comment

I tried that earlier. But I tired it again. Still no dice. When I go to my home seer status page, there are no devices with N.

I would expect to see a new device N8 and N9.

Here is part of my ini file.

Code:
                      [Settings]
                      Logging=0
                      WOLPortNumber=7
                      PingCount=2
                      AutoMAC=0
                      ShowIPAddress=1
                      ShowPingTimes=1
                      ShowLastUpdated=1
                      ShowOnOffLine=1
                      ShowLastOnOff=1
                      PingTextTO=timed out
                      PingTextUR=unreachable
                      UPNP=0
                      ClientIconup=
                      ClientIcondown=

[Device1]
                      Housecode=N8
                      Name=Tims_iPhone
                      Type=Wifi
                      IPAddress=10.0.1.8
                      MACAddress=F0-CB-A1-29-1A-8C
                      Log=0
                      Pagecheckstring=
                      HostRes=0
                      Port=
                      PingTimeout=125
                      VDButtons=2,3,4,5,+11,6,7,8,+9,10
                      Iconset=27
                      UseClient=0
                      ClientLog=0
                      ClientHousecode=
                      ClientPort=
                      ClientVDButtons=
                      ClientPingCheck=0
                      DelayCount=0
                      Lock=1

[Device2]
                      HouseCode=N9
                      Name=Camera_Porch
                      Type=Wifi
                      IPAddress=10.0.1.165
                      MacAddress=00-12-7B-59-13-F4
                      Log=0
                      PingTimeout=125
                      VDButtons=2,3,4,5,+11,6,7,8,+9,10
                      IconSet=22
                      ClientPingCheck=0
                      ClientLog=0
                      Pagecheckstring=
                      HostRes=0
                      Port=
                      DelayCount=0
                      Lock=1

[Device3]
                      Housecode=
                      Name=
                      Type=
                      IPAddress=
                      MACAddress=
                      Log=0
                      Pagecheckstring=
                      HostRes=0
                      Port=
                      PingTimeout=125
                      VDButtons=1
                      Iconset=1
                      UseClient=0
                      ClientLog=0
                      ClientHousecode=
                      ClientPort=8003
                      ClientVDButtons=2,3,4,5,+11,6,7,8,+9,10
                      -Tim

Way2 Call
                      Elk M1 Gold
                      UPB HAI switches
                      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Got it!

Type O on the network parameter. I used a ' instead of a ".

Thanks for the help.
                        -Tim

Way2 Call
                        Elk M1 Gold
                        UPB HAI switches
                        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Great! That one would have been difficult to debug as two ' together do look the same as a " !
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            Great! That one would have been difficult to debug as two ' together do look the same as a " !
                            Thanks. I blame my old eyes!

I created a test event to text me when the device value changed to a 1 when arriving home with my iPhone. The problem was the event ran every minute when the network update event ran. So I was getting a text every minute saying I arrived home.

I changed it to device status changed to ON instead of device value changed to 1. And now it seems to work right, only firing my event once upon returning.

Just an FYI.
                            -Tim

Way2 Call
                            Elk M1 Gold
                            UPB HAI switches
                            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Yes, that is a long-standing bug. I was going to remove device value as it reacts against device status in certain circumstances.

Glad you got it working now.
                              Jon

Comment

In order to prevent false positives, I was going to have my events trigger if my iPhone device has been off for 3 minutes. Meaning I have left the house.

However, I'm noticing that the Last change time is updated with each network scan. Even if the device status does not change.

Is this correct? If so, what is a good work around?
                                -Tim

Way2 Call
                                Elk M1 Gold
                                UPB HAI switches
                                HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Working...
                                X