X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sending email - connection rate too high

Homeseer 2.5.0.20 with Windows XP

Have been sending email/text via SMTP for years. Without changing any login or email settings, homeseer now shows this message in the log:

Sending email using SMTP: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc67. The server response was 421 Connection rate too high, try again later [R0203001]

I have contacted my ISP, tried other email accounts, and cannot get Homeseer to send any emails. Is is possible that these is some bug in the way homeseer is formatting my messages for SMTP??? This just started when I updated to 2.5.0.20. I don't know why email is not working now.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you telnet to tcp port 25 to your SMTP server, does it return a 421 SMTP response?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

How to telnet

I don't know how to do that test, but if you tell me how I'll try it out.
      Thanks

Comment

From a command prompt, type what I have in bold:

telnet yoursmtpserver.com 25{press enter key}
        220 smtp-3.wideopenwest.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.11.20060308/8.12.11; Tue, 3 May
        2011 06:08:03 -0500
        quit{press enter key}

Confirm you receive a similar 220 response.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
        X