Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes; been having much fun with Jon's remote control application. Works well with the Jogglers running XP SP3 here.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      As the client comes with NirCmd, this too has a command set to turn the monitor on/off. You can call this via the client run command.

I was just reading the NirCmd help file and found this interesting snippet:

This command only works in systems that support this feature. If you have a problem that NirCmd remains in memory when using this command, you may try to use async_off, async_on and async_low actions instead of on/off/low actions

It looks like my client is using the same calls and is not being released with your system.

Anyway, try the NirCmd alternative. You need to download the 64bit version if not already done so. Run the following from an event as an immediate script command (where 1 is your actual device number):

&result=hs.Runex ("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","1||run||NirCmd.exe||monitor async_off")

See if that works.
      This alternate command works great. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Try the attached client and see if this works.

You can go back to the old routine by adding a # after the drive letter.
        This works perfectly. Cheers!

As a side benefit, the command also now works on any mapped drive letters.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
          Jon,

You are too dedicated!

I just finished reading the thread, refreshed and you had a new client.

Like Magic!

--Dan
          I had the day off yesterday after a few long days working so it was just luck!

Originally posted by Automated View Post
          This alternate command works great. Thanks!
          Originally posted by Automated View Post
          This works perfectly. Cheers!

As a side benefit, the command also now works on any mapped drive letters.

Excellent. I'll put the client in the download zip.
          Jon

Comment

Jon,

A bit confused with network intrusion.

To enable network intrusion, create a recurring event (say once a minute) to call the script Jon00RCCNM_Monitor.vben
            Done

Configured Jon00RCCNM.ini such that I have a device for intrusion (K99)

+++++ NETWORK INTRUSION +++++

[Intrusion]
            IPExclusion=
            IPInclusion=
            Logging=0
            PingTimeout=150
            PingTimes=2
            SubnetMonitorIP=
            Housecode=K99
            IntrusionText=
            NoIntrusionText=
            I ran the script once and see this in the log:

2/26/2012 6:04:02 PM Event Event Trigger "Network Intrusions"
            2/26/2012 6:04:02 PM Event Running script and waiting: Jon00RCCNM_Monitor.vben
            2/26/2012 6:04:06 PM Jon00_RCCNM Info - Unspecified device detected on Network (IP: 192.168.244.133 MAC: 00-00-00-04-B6-00)
            2/26/2012 6:04:07 PM Jon00_RCCNM Info - Unspecified device detected on Network (IP: 192.168.244.136 MAC: 00-00-00-00-0A-00)
            2/26/2012 6:04:07 PM Jon00_RCCNM Info - Unspecified device detected on Network (IP: 192.168.244.137 MAC: 00-00-00-00-08-00)
            2/26/2012 6:04:07 PM Jon00_RCCNM Info - Unspecified device detected on Network (IP: 192.168.244.139 MAC: 00-00-00-00-00-00)
            on and on and on
            It created device K99 and I see all of the IPs in my subnet.

This following line is where I am confused:

Event "Jon00RCCNM DeviceDetect" will trigger. [You will need to create this event if you wish to use this feature].
            Do I create an event and call it: "Jon00RCCNM DeviceDetect"?

And do I make it manual and assign the script "Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb" ?
            Last edited by Pete; February 26, 2012, 07:08 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, it is on page 8 of the docs.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                Jon,

A bit confused with network intrusion.

Done

Configured Jon00RCCNM.ini such that I have a device for intrusion (K99)

I ran the script once and see this in the log:

It created device K99 and I see all of the IPs in my subnet.

This following line is where I am confused:

Do I create an event and call it: "Jon00RCCNM DeviceDetect"?

And do I make it manual and assign the script "Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb" ?
                If the script detects a network intrusion, it will run Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb script which I supplied. It also triggers when the device dissapears.

Intrusion will also trigger an event called 'Jon00RCCNM DeviceDetect' which you would need to create. Similarily if it dissapears then an event 'Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDissapear' will trigger, provided it exists.
                Jon

Comment

So then I would create two events:

Intrusion will also trigger an event called 'Jon00RCCNM DeviceDetect' which you would need to create. Similarily if it dissapears then an event 'Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDissapear' will trigger, provided it exists.
                  Set to manual. No trigger. Which would run a script? or a device change?

This is the part I am getting confused with; apologies Jon for my not understanding it.
                  Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

The network intrusion script will trigger the respective event (hence they have to be named exactly as printed) which is why they can be set to manual. Remember these will only be triggered once so nothing will happen until network devices either disappears or reappears again.

You can if you like just delete these named events, and trigger events on device value (K99) change. Its device value will be set depending on the number of unknown devices detected i.e. 0 for none, 1 for one etc.

The Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb script also always runs (if it exists in the scripts directory) on devices appearing and disappearing. Using the script gives more flexibility as the script is passed details of the device (MAC, IP and status etc). If you get time open up this script in a text editor and you will see example usage.

I just give various options to do things depending on your preferences. You have the choice!
                    Jon

Comment

Thank-you Jon.

Yes have around 30 plus statically assigned devices on the network and maybe 3 scoped for DHCP. (/25 mask and I have stuff in groups all statically assigned)

So I could basically set your script to "watch" normally "up" devices and check for any "new" devices coming up on the network which are not part of the scoped out DHCP addresses or statically assigned IP devices?

I'm going baby step wise; adding a bit here and there; learning a bit every day about your fantastic script.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Thank-you Jon.

Yes have around 30 plus statically assigned devices on the network and maybe 3 scoped for DHCP. (/25 mask and I have stuff in groups all statically assigned)

So I could basically set your script to "watch" normally "up" devices and check for any "new" devices coming up on the network which are not part of the scoped out DHCP addresses or statically assigned IP devices?

I'm going baby step wise; adding a bit here and there; learning a bit every day about your fantastic script.
                        Yes, but I would put it another way. It will watch for devices that are not assigned to the network monitoring routine or listed under the IPExclusion list (set in the ini file).

If a unspecified device on that subnet appears ( either DHCP or static) then the event 'Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDetect' would run (if it exists) and the script Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb will also run. These can be used for warnings, whatever. If this device then disappears from the network then the event 'Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDissapear' would run (if it exists) and the script Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb will also run again. As I said before, this script is passed parameters such as if the device is detected or not.

I've just spotted a bug in my code where the Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDetect event will never trigger as I have named it incorrectly. If you want to try it, use the script for the moment to do what you want or trigger on device value change on the virtual device. I'll update the script with that correction and also change my poor spelling for disappear in the event name which I have also just seen!
                        Jon

Comment

I have both of the events named correctly as you specified.

I have to work on the exclusion list as I have the IPs in groups of types of devices; so they are all over the subnet.

I am seeing an issue which I thought kind of went away but its still there with the HAI panel and one HP printer dropping and connecting to the network thanks to your script. Think the HP printer is going to sleep? (3 other networked printers stay on line just fine) But not sure whats up with the HAI OPII panel.

I have another stand alone application which watches the network so thinking of running that one on another box to compare as I have never done that for more than an hour or two.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

Replace Jon00RCCNM_Monitor.vben with the one attached. The correct event names will be:

Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDetect

and

Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDisappear

I've also updated the download on my site to reflect this change including version number and updated docs.
                            Attached Files
                            Jon

Comment

Done. Thank you Jon.

Just noticed that I had spelled "Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDisappear" (above) with two s's and one "p".

Whoa...thinking I am starting to lose it here....

Thank you for providing a "spot on" script Jon!
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Jon,

Is there a way to separate the clients from just the network devices?

I've reorganized my TS's into a separate subnet group.

The quickest way for me was to edit the ini file.

That said though it would be easier when I ran the client script if it created it's own group. IE:

Jon00 Network Clients
                                and when I ran the network script it would continue just using

Jon00 Network
                                group.

Or did I miss something in the documentation that changes this already?
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X