No announcement yet.

Communication freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron choke on the signal lines to the AD2USB: FAIL.
    Wrapped the AD2USB in aluminum foil: FAIL.

-BD
    Last edited by BrunDog; June 9, 2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

BrunDog,

where does your issue stand? I might have a sw solution, but need your help.

Would you be willing to try an new plugin?

Tech details if you care: It uses a completely different serialport processing routine based on the FTDI .net class instead of the Microsoft Serialport class?

supposedly, if the usb connection fails i can restart the drivers programmatically with this new class. this was something i couldn't do before.

Since you can trigger the issue at will, we could figure this out pretty quickly via sw.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The issue stands that I am not sure how to fix it other than installing a new ballast or an inline filter on the line at the light. I turned off the event that automatically turns the light on and off via motion sensor, and sure enough, with the light not cycling on and off, the nlockup has not occurred.

Yes I would be willing to test the plugin. Just keep in mind I have both your vista and insteon plugins, both of which use the same ftdi chipset, so you will need to be certain there is now interaction.

-BD

Comment

Ok, lets try this version

there are two DLLs in this zip, shutdown hs, put both in your homeseer directory, and restart hs

test 1
          try the light and see if the plugin stops receiving msgs from the ad2usb, or if any errors are logged.

test 2, if ad2usb stops receiving msgs in test 1 do the following
          1. stop the monitor using device 99
          2. add PortPollInterval=10 to the [General] section of your vistaalarm.ini
          3. start the monitor
          4. turn the light on/off until the ad2usb stops receiving msgs
          5. then wait a minute. the plugin should figure out it hasn't recvd a msgs for a while and it should attempt to restart the port and monitor

please report back what you find
          Attached Files
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Will jump on it tomorrow!

-BD

Comment

Thanks,
              I'll try to make myself available in case you have problems
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OK we are up and running with the new version, and I have re-enabled my on/off events (turns light on and off every 5 minutes). Messages coming in as expected. It will be a few mins to hours before it faults. Will then make the .ini change and try again, but to be honest with you, I do not think it will work, because the COM port becomes "locked" after a fault. In other words, I cannot even open it with hyperterminal, etc. Disabling & enabling in device manager does not work either. The only thing that works is rebooting or unplug/replugging. But hey, I am game for a test!

-BD

Comment

So the benefit of this new version is it uses the FTDI port drivers. In the recovery process, I have included a call that is supposed to be able to simulate a usb disconnect/reconnect which will restart the port (ie unlock it). But I'm hoping it doesn't come to this.

I also have an email into FTDI on the subject so they can help now that i'm using their library
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

one more thought/test,

if the usb disconnects, and you notice, please try sending a cmd to the panel after the disconnect, i would like to see the error you get back
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

How's it going? any disconnects
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        How's it going? any disconnects
                        Darn thing running all day and still connecting. Prolly a little less sensitive to failures as I added chokes to the power line and the panel line to the AD2USB. Give it time, it will lock up, it always does. We are just watching the pot waiting for it to boil!

-BD

Comment

would you be willing to remove the chokes? I also need to post a new version. The recovery process needed some work.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

would you be willing to remove the chokes? I also need to post a new version. The recovery process needed some work.
                            I removed the chokes last night. Woke up this morning... and the darn thing is still working! Either this is a rare time where it just hasn't hit the whammy yet, or the plugin alone solved the problem?

We'll keep trying and report back. In the meantime, lots of these:

6/15/2012 9:03:42 AM Vista Alarm [1000000110000000----],008,[f700003f1008001c28020000000000]," DISARMED CHIME Ready to Arm "
                            6/15/2012 9:03:42 AM Vista Alarm Processing msg on Partition 1
                            6/15/2012 9:03:38 AM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Lights (delayed action)"
                            6/15/2012 9:03:38 AM Device Control Device: Laundry Room Lights (\38) OFF
                            6/15/2012 9:03:38 AM Event Event Trigger "Lights (delayed action)"

Comment

We'll that is good news. are you still autmatically turning the light on and off?
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

We'll that is good news. are you still autmatically turning the light on and off?
                                Yes, every two minutes. My family thinks there are ghosts in the laundry room, but whatever.

Is it possible the driver/stack alone solved the problem?

-BD

Comment

Working...
                                X