Jon00 Homeseer 2 web page (Quick view) builder Version 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Homeseer 2 web page (Quick view) builder Version 2

This is an updated version of the original web page (quick view) builder released in 2007. It has been my most popular download with nearly 700 downloads to date!

This is a summary of the changes from Version 1:
    • Much faster page load times
    • Allows 3 sub columns per column rather than 2
    • New Sub headings under the main heading can be added if required
    • hs.Devicelastchange value is now built in as a variable
    • Additional formatting controls including alignment & spacing
    • Any field including the heading and sub heading can now use any parameter
    • Simple control buttons to trigger events, devices or page re-directs
    • The majority of existing ini files should work and look the same as before without changes

To recap what this package does:

There are many Homeseer users who want to display virtual devices, text and images in a web page but do not have the necessary web or programming skills to do so.

What I have done here is to get Homeseer generate a typical "Quickview" or System status web page by means of an ini file which requires no web or programming skills whatsoever (common sense though essential!). Numerous pages can be generated in this way by use of their own ini file. Pages generated do not have to show status and can be used to display just images or anything else that you like within the package constraints.

Because of the inclusion of control buttons, you can now make simple pages to view and control Homeseer from any browser such as iPaqs & mobile phones.

There are numerous options available including the number of columns generated, sub columns, spacing, headings, sub headings, button size, table classes used, image size etc to generate a page which is unique to you.

The image below shows how you can build up a typical quick view page with the package. A column is built up of blocks (indicated by the red and blue dotted lines ) and normally consists of a heading ( and optional sub-heading) followed by the information being displayed. Headings can be hidden and you can use one, two or all three sub headings.

Because of the flexibility of this package, configuration of the ini file may take some time.

Full documentation is included to assist you in building your own pages.

If you generate a page which you think is good, please post it here.

As always, it's available to download from my site (click on the banner below) Please let me know how you get on with this.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; July 24, 2008, 05:13 PM.
    Jon

Thank you.. works like a charm and yes TOTALLY FASTER!!!!
    I only setup my temps right now but I also had a quickview page for

1. my house by type.. so sections for temp, motion, door window sensors
    2. roomview... all the rooms on one page under their own section...

so I will have to create them later as I am really busy at the moment..

however here is my temp page... exactly what I wanted..
    with the old quickview.asp page it worked but I couldnt control if guest had access or not.. and also no automatic refreshing... this thing rocks...

also rfxcom plugin does not have temps above 120 so that is why I have an X right now...
    Attached Files
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Jon,
      New QV is working super fast and I'm happy with the new added control button's.
      This way I can build my own control application on my PocketPC phone.

Very basic screen
      next goal is to put the device name also in the button with two lines of text
      hope that <br> will work here
      Is there a option to make all the button's same size no matter how long or the size of the text is?
      Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the <br> has not been added but I will put that as a feature request.

As for the button size and style, this is defined under the ClassTypeButton= entry.

Try:

ClassTypeButton=linkrowbutton or ClassTypeButton=functionrowbutton
        for Homeseer pre-defined fixed length buttons.

If you know what you are doing, you can add your own entry in the custom.css to have any button size/style you want.
        Jon

Comment

Jon, you have outdone yourself, very awesome and much much quicker.

One question for anyone out there. I have tried in past and with v2 to make it my home page in the HS website settings. I get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
          Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Buildpage.aspx

Any way to get this to work? I have tried using the IP address as well.

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
            Jon, you have outdone yourself, very awesome and much much quicker.

One question for anyone out there. I have tried in past and with v2 to make it my home page in the HS website settings. I get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
            Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Buildpage.aspx

Any way to get this to work? I have tried using the IP address as well.
            well for v2 it should be
            /BuildPage.ash?val=temp

replace temp with your custom ini file.... for an example you can put in there qv as that is the sample so it would be....

/BuildPage.ash?val=qv
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I've just found a small bug which will not affect 99.9% of you but when I converted it from ASPX to ASP, I left in the method to include an additional page at the top and bottom of the page. Unfortunately this method is not supported in ASP as a choice method so I will have to remove this feature.

I've already added multiple lines for buttons for Chak, however if there are any SMALL feature requests, pipe up now as I'm not intending to keep updating this.
              Jon

Comment

I'm trying out the V2 and It is totally faster, I like that part. I'm getting an error in my HS logs trying to use the scrolling weather forecast from weather xml. I got it to work but that when the error started showing up each time I load the page.

The error
                7/18/2008 7:08:50 PM Error Error in LINEStatus: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: Argument 'Array' is Nothing.

It's caused by this section of my ini file. If i remove it the error goes away.
                ***** Column 1 Section 1 *****

Column1Heading1=Coatesville Pa. Weather Forecast
                Column1Heading1SpacerTop=5
                Column1Heading1SpacerBottom=3
                Column1Heading1Height=

Column1SubHeadingLeft1=
                Column1SubHeadingRight1=
                Column1SubHeadingRightExtra1=
                Column1SubHeadingHeight1=

Column1Section1Spacer=1
                Column1Section1VerticalSpacer=1
                Column1Section1LeftAlign=
                Column1Section1RightAlign=
                Column1Section1RightExtraAlign=
                Column1Section1WidthLeft=0
                Column1Section1WidthRight=

Column1Section1-1Left=Forecast
                Column1Section1-1Right=DeviceX13
                Column1Section1-1RightExtra=
                Column1Section1-1Height=

Anyone have any thoughts on why I get this. The page works and displays great, it's just the error in red drives me nuts.
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

After going through this line by line I've come to the conclusion that it's not the ini file giving me the error. No matter what I use i get the same error.

Now I'm thinking that it's from the buildpage vb file, that's the only place i can find a reference to "linestatus".

I think I've taken this as far as I'm able. Digging into the buildpage vb file is a bit beyond me.
                  Marty
                  ------
                  XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=66

Comment

When I update this with the small changes I made, I'll disable the HSP status and put a note in the instructions.

FYI, this error only happens if you do not have Homeseer Phone installed.
                      Jon

Comment

V2.01 is now available!

Hopefully I've captured all requirements with V2.01:

This is the summary of changes:

Removed the unsupported method to include a HTML page at the top and bottom of the main page.
                        Added the ability to put extra lines (4 lines max) of text on a button.
                        Added the ability to set the global spacing of buttons when defined on a single line
                        Added the ability to include Buildpage.CSS to define button, header styles etc without touching the Homeseer style sheets.
                        The Variable BPVal10 (Line status for HSP) is now disabled by default to prevent errors caused by users who do not have HS Phone installed.

Enjoy!

P.S. Please post you designs/creations here...don't keep them to yourself!
                        Jon

Comment

Jon,

I upgraded to 2.0 and now 2.01 and everything is working fine except that I use the quickview page as my Homeseer Homepage and I get a "Error - No such page" message when I connect to my site. I updated it in the setup page under the Web site tab so that it is using the new .ash page and I have doubled checked that several times.

If I connect to the same location from a link it works fine, but on the original login to the site I always get the error message. The older version worked correctly and did not log this error. I assume it is how HS handles .ASH as apposed to .ASPX, but I really don't have any idea.

Thanks,
                          Jeff

Comment

Your right. This is a bug in Homeseer (I had it corrected for ASPX pages which is why that works).

I'll have to put in a Help desk request to get it rectified.

In the mean time, place redirect.asp in to your Homeseer 2/html directory.

On your home page entry change the URL to /redirect.asp

Open up redirect.asp in a text editor and change the ini file to suit.
                            Attached Files
                            Jon

Comment

I completely missed that post, thanks for the link.
                              Marty
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X