Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be a little bit. SH says they expect in stock on Dec 7th (I don't get the beta releases )

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
      It will be a little bit. SH says they expect in stock on Dec 7th (I don't get the beta releases )
      No rush. i have some cleanup to do.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        It seems to support everything a normal plm supports.
        Mark, dual band and X10 are "in there"?
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
          Mark, dual band and X10 are "in there"?
          the release version is single band with X10 support (i haven't tried the x10 however)
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, how will your plugin work with the hub? I am guessing your plugin is in control and tells the hub to setup links, etc. Does a device also show up in the hub or must it be added by the hub OS (which I would think would cause conflicts with your plugin).

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
            How interesting. If I got it right, this would allow normal HS use, plus placing the controller where you want it ..and.. using the free smarthome IOS and android apps. You wouldn't have to support that with homeseer, but it should work standalone I would l think.

Its like mixing the plm with the other controllers they offer that have timers and web control.

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
              Mark, how will your plugin work with the hub? I am guessing your plugin is in control and tells the hub to setup links, etc. Does a device also show up in the hub or must it be added by the hub OS (which I would think would cause conflicts with your plugin).
              In the plugin, i changed how you identify the port where the plm or hub is located; either enter COMx or IPort. The plugin will determine what you have from there.

my plugin isn't going to configure anything that you would have to configure via the hub interface. I think the hub saves all its config in memory which is a black box to me; there are no dev notes for the web UI. so all that config is on the user.

i think the hub was meant to be used in conjuction with software like houselinc or homeseer now. Not sure if houselinc configures the web ui features of the hub.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

... my plugin isn't going to configure anything that you would have to configure via the hub interface. I think the hub saves all its config in memory which is a black box to me ...
                Looking at the quick start for this hub, I read "The INSTEON Hub stores your homes configuration in the cloud which allows access from any number of smartphones and tablets you may own".

Even so, I guess this doesn't help you with the plugin as you would need access to the credentials to get to the cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                  Looking at the quick start for this hub, I read "The INSTEON Hub stores your homes configuration in the cloud which allows access from any number of smartphones and tablets you may own".

Even so, I guess this doesn't help you with the plugin as you would need access to the credentials to get to the cloud.
                  Correct, the plugin is not going interact with the internal or external web ui avail in the hub.

The plugin is only going to access the internal plm to send and receive msgs (via http). No username or password required or supported at this time.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

... In order to get async msgs (manual btn presses) from the network, i have to poll the hub's buffer via the network. I currently have this set to poll every second, sound reasonable? ...

Comment

Insteon hub - firmware update capable?

Mark,

Have you determined on your test unit that it can update its firmware?

If no, then I'm not buying

Comment

I'm not sure how long the buffer data survives, but based on my testing of just turning on a single switch (which then generates up to 4 msgs in a sec), i have been able to capture all of them.

i can make this an ini setting based on millisecs so you can tweak it lower if you want. its really just a matter of how much load you are willing to put on your server and network.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

... The plugin is only going to access the internal plm to send and receive msgs (via http)...
                          So, from your answer, there appears to be a higher communication protocol with the Hub through HTTP. So you can send Insteon commands, wrapped in HTTP in some way, right? Is that "higher protocol" for public consumption? The reason I'm asking is that I would need this to talk to the Hub from DemoPad.

Comment

the dev notes are not for public consumption. but i suppose you could reverse engineer it.

PS the hub plm fw is not field upgradable. Only the web UI is field upgradable.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Plugin Insteon hub support official?

Hi Mark,

I'm close to acquiring the Insteon hub but only if your plugin supports it.

So does the Insteon hub have official support?

I presume so, given you have already developped for it, but need to make sure. If so, when do you think we will see a version with that support?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                                Hi Mark,

I'm close to acquiring the Insteon hub but only if your plugin supports it.

So does the Insteon hub have official support?

I presume so, given you have already developped for it, but need to make sure. If so, when do you think we will see a version with that support?
                                Version 1.8.x already has support for the hub. so i think its official.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X