Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUTORIAL: How to create two 100% free SIP accounts to try the SIP Connector...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with X-lite

I've done all that is in the tutorial with the x-lite(made by stipus)...everything is fine, in x-lite finds the user i've created but when i try to call someone...it starts ringing and after 1 sec hangs up......can someone help????

Comment

The easiest way to debug this problem is the following:

Download and install wireshark from this URL:
      http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

Once installed and running, go to Capture / Interfaces
      Choose your external TCP/IP interface, and click Options
      In the Capture Filter text box type port 5060 and click Start

Now start HomeSeer, try to place your call. Once failed, click the red button (Stop the running capture).

Then save the file, and either post it here (but it might contain sensitive info on your account), or better send it to my email address stipus at stipus dot com

I'll have a look why it's failing.

PS: Don't save several tests in the same capture file, as this would only confuse me while debugging the file content.
      --
      stipus

Comment

Don't let Wireshark scare you either.
        It can be a bit intimidating, but once understood it is invaluable in diagnosing SIP issues.

A few more things... X-Lite is not a Stipus product.. It is a free soft phone offered by CounterPath Corporation.
        and.. the current URL for the latest X-Lite client is:

http://counterpath.s3.amazonaws.com/...100l_47546.exe

Comment

Say Stipus

If you:
          Choose your external TCP/IP interface, and click Options
          In the Capture Filter text box type port 5060 and click Start

You will not see packets returning to X-Lite will you?
          (X-Lite does not use 5060 unless it is specifically told to for return SIP)

Comment

x-lite

got the wireshark capture only the 5060 port...saved the file in .pcap format is the format needed for you to view errors?

stipus give me again the mail...i've sent one can you tell me if you got it?

Comment

In your log file, I don't see the registration from HomeSeer.
              Is the plugin enabled and configured properly ?

Also, there are many different tests in the same logfile, and this is really confusing.

I see you are trying to call me (stipus-600 !!)... you are trying to call phone numbers, trying to call the plugin but it is not registered and you are getting an answer from pbxes.org instead of the plugin.

Please make it short and clear...and I really need to see the plugin initialization in the log...

- START CAPTURE
              - START HOMESEER
              - PLACE ONE SINGLE CALL
              - STOP CAPTURE

Also please FILTER on port 5060. At the top of the Capture Option wireshark message box, there is a "CAPTURE FILTER" button... and just next to this button on the right there is a text box. type port 5060 here.

Thanks,

stipus
              --
              stipus

Comment

done

I've done all as you said...and send a mail...

Comment

OK. It's really a lot better.

I can see you are trying to call stipus-600@pbxes.org
                  That's my own SIP address I registered when I created the tuturial, but as I'm not currently using it, you receive a "Service not available" error.

Everything is looking normal to me.

I think you should try to call the SIP address you registered with X-Lite. If I'm correct it should be cesterush85-601@pbxes.org.

HomeSeer has SIP address cesterush85-600@pbxes.org.
                  X-Lite should have address cesterush85-601@pbxes.org.

Then you should be able to call one from the other.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Still trying

No they were vice versa...but i've changed them with places and still nothing...i've tried to call cesterush85-601 and still hangs up after 1 sec...

can U tell me through x-lite can i call stationary or mobile phones?

Comment

I could see in the log registration messages for cesterush85-600@pbxes.org

Did you run Wireshark on the Homeseer computer ?
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

X-lite!!!

I run wireshark...put the filter port 5060 then started homeseer...and after that started x-lite...and tried to make a call...all the actions i've done from the same computer...or i did get it wrong????

Comment

From your last log file, I can see that HomeSeer has address cesterush85-600@pbxes.org and XLite has address cesterush85-601@pbxes.org

Then I see XLite trying to call stipus-600@pbxes.org, and you are getting a Service not available reply from pbxes.org, because I'm not logued on.

I think you should try to call cesterush85-600@pbxes.org from XLite.
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

hello

I've tried and nothing it hang's up after 1 sec...

Comment

Acknowledgement

Stipus;
                              Having barely begun this venture into SIP (gave up on Icall and evaphone), the first thought that comes to mind here is how eminently decent you are, Stipus, to exert such exquisite care for the purpose of sharing, with no observable benefit.

I look forward to sending you some traffic, as a material way of saying "Thank you... very much." You are an indisputable exception to the rule. Your folks should be proud of you, and the job they did raising you. Thanks, bud. You are a high-worth individual
                              Last edited by ; December 18, 2008, 05:25 PM. Reason: typographical error

Comment

Thanks a lot for your comments ! I'm trying to do my best helping others ...

What do you mean by "sending me some trafic" ?
                                Last edited by stipus; December 20, 2008, 05:54 AM.
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X