RFXCOM 433.92 MHz Transmitter - UK upgrade service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFXCOM 433.92 MHz Transmitter - UK upgrade service

RFXCOM 433.92 MHz Transmitter UK upgrade service.

For UK ONLY users, I can perform the upgrade of your existing RFXCOM 433.92MHz transmitter to the new RFXmitter firmware.

This service is available in 2 forms.

An exchange service, where an upgraded transmitter module will be sent to you. You can fit the new module to your interface and then return your old unit. The obvious benefit of this method is that you will not be without a transmitter whilst the upgrade is done.

Alternatively, if you prefer to keep your own hardware, you can send your transmitter module for an upgrade. This will be done on a same day turnaround (excluding weekends), so you will have your transmitter back the day after it is received.

The main benefit of this service for UK users is the quick turnaround so you will not be without your transmitter whilst it is being upgraded.

The cost of this service is exactly the same as it would be if it were done by RFXCOM, the equivalent of 23.90 Euros including postage. Additional transmitters sent in the same parcel will cost 11.90 Euros.

For full details of the RFXmitter capabilities see this page: http://www.rfxcom.com/transmitters.htm#89002

To request a transmitter upgrade, you can send me a PM or email via this forum.

NOTES:
    This service is only available to UK users.
    The service is authorised and supported by RFXCOM.
    I have a limited number of transmitter modules for exchange, so it may not be always possible to send one the same day.
    Due to holidays, I will not be able to offer this service until 20th April.

Charging Question

Paul,

I am slightly confused as to the cost for the upgrade of an existing RTX Transmitter (433 MHz) to the new RFXmitter firmware. On the RFXcom site it states that the cost for the firmware update is 11.90 Euros and that a new FRXmitter module is 23.80 Euro. If I were to send you my current transmitter, what is the cost for the update only?

Thanks,

Harry van der Vossen

Comment

Originally posted by vossenh View Post
      Paul,

I am slightly confused as to the cost for the upgrade of an existing RTX Transmitter (433 MHz) to the new RFXmitter firmware. On the RFXcom site it states that the cost for the firmware update is 11.90 Euros and that a new FRXmitter module is 23.80 Euro. If I were to send you my current transmitter, what is the cost for the update only?

Thanks,

Harry van der Vossen

Sorry Harry. I missed this post.

The cost of the update is the same as on the RFXCOM website. You need to add the postage cost onto the 11.90 Euro upgrade cost. This will give a total upgrade cost of about 20 UK pounds.

The main advantage of doing it in the UK, is that I can send you an updated TX module to swap with your existing unit so you are not without a transmitter and you can send me your old unit back.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post

For UK ONLY users, I can perform the upgrade of your existing RFXCOM 433.92MHz transmitter to the new RFXmitter firmware.
        [/B]
        Hello.. as you don't explicitly say I'm presuming that you don't handle RFXCOM receivers?

My firmware reports Master 0x12 - but without knowing what has changed in recent versions it's hard to make a decision... having a UK based service would help the decision

Thanks,
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by habile View Post
          Hello.. as you don't explicitly say I'm presuming that you don't handle RFXCOM receivers?

My firmware reports Master 0x12 - but without knowing what has changed in recent versions it's hard to make a decision... having a UK based service would help the decision

Thanks,
          Chris
          Chris,

You can view the version changes to the 433 MHz receiver here:
          http://www.rfxcom.com/descr_433_X10_Oregon.htm

or the 868 MHz here:
          http://www.rfxcom.com/descr_868_visonic.htm

I will get back to you on the subject of doing the firmware update.

Paul..

Edit: Re updating firmware.

You would need to return the receiver to RFXCOM for an update because, depending on your receiver hardware, it may be necessary to also perform a hardware update in addition to the firmware update and I do not have the necessary equiment to do this.

Paul..
          Last edited by sooty; May 24, 2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post

[/B]
            Paul,

Are you still offering this upgrade service?

I am having some range issues and read in another thread can you can tweak the number of transmits using RFXMitter.exe.

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Working...
            X