Feedback: TI103 X10 controller RS23s or POWERLINC II SERIAL/TW523

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback: TI103 X10 controller RS23s or POWERLINC II SERIAL/TW523

Anyone have some feedback on which is the better controller?

Kevin

My preference would be the USB interface. Have never had any trouble with it.

Martin Custer
    Martin@AutomatedOutlet.com
    www.AutomatedOutlet.com
    Authorized HomeSeer Distributor
    Martin Custer

Comment

Been using a CM11A here for years without a hitch.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I found these threads:
        PowerLine Signal Strength
        Got my TI103

There is also a lot of good information in the ACT TI103 section.

This is the information I used before deciding on the TI103.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

The TI103 is working very well for people and it transmits one of the strongest/cleanest X-10 signals out of all of the interfaces HomeSeer supports, but it is one of the most expensive interfaces as well. I would not use the PowerLinc with a TW523 due to the lack of extended data command reception (I have Leviton switches in my home) but if you do not need to receive extended data then it would be OK. As far as all-in-one solutions, the PowerLinc USB is a one-unit device that is currently one of the least expensive interfaces that works well with HomeSeer. The CM11A interface is OK if you happen to get/have one that does not have the notorious "lock-up after powerfail" issue. This just means getting a brand new one, not one that was made a few years ago. Also, never leave the CM11A plugged into the wall when it is not connected to the PC.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

OK your got me. Why not leave the CM11a plugged in when not connected too power when not connected to a computer?

Comment

Because that is when the CM11A starts transmitting random signals - "J Status Request" is a favorite amongst its random signals when left in this state.

WHEN you get frustrated at the CM11A, take a hammer to it - that was the most theraputic thing I have ever done.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
              HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,

Is the TI203 Homeseer sells (240V for Australia)
                the same as the TI103 as far as homeseer is concerned? Some X10 controllers are the last things on my shopping list and I'm having troubles getting some info on this.
                I assume the TI203(ti103) can't be used for an Ocelot or HAI OmniProII? As I need controllers for those as well.

Thanks,

Ross.

Comment

Working...
                X