RFXCOM antenna suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFXCOM antenna suggestions

I am in need of a better antenna for my RFXCOM Rfxrec433 receiver.

I would like to hear what others are using.
    Thanks
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Hi Blade, I'm using below antenna and It's working perfect for me.
    http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/...omSuggest=true
    http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/...-to-BNC-socket
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
      +1

Much improved range with this.

Comment

I tried the suggested antenna(and use it on my attic) but I have also concluded that it is better to buy more RFX receivers instead of trying to make the exsisting antenna and RFX receiver work longer range.

Ie. if it is on the limit of what can be received it feels more relieable to add another RFX and get good readings all the time.

I have 6 RFXs currently...
        Best,
        Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
          I tried the suggested antenna(and use it on my attic) but I have also concluded that it is better to buy more RFX receivers instead of trying to make the exsisting antenna and RFX receiver work longer range.

Ie. if it is on the limit of what can be received it feels more relieable to add another RFX and get good readings all the time.

I have 6 RFXs currently...
          So you are using 6 receivers. WOW
          Do you have long extended cables spreading them out across the house. Are they all plugged into your HS machine?
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            So you are using 6 receivers. WOW
            Do you have long extended cables spreading them out across the house. Are they all plugged into your HS machine?
            They are lan versions all of them.
            Best,
            Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Wow the LAN version is more than double the RFXrec433 receiver I just bought. Too much for the few sensors I will have here.
              I will look into an antenna
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

This is the antenna that I use for the W800 which should work for the RFXrec433 receiver in the same way.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103641
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                  Where did you place the antenna, i have some WAF problems when i buy that one.

Comment

Originally posted by vanisher View Post
                    Where did you place the antenna, i have some WAF problems when i buy that one.
                    Haha, we have concluded a deal, my wife gets free hand to manage the rest of the interior and purchasing.
                    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                    --
                    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

This one looks to be a cost effective option.
                      http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...0Antennas&sku=
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I used one from radio shack and man what a difference. Working perfectly.

Thanks
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Thanks
                          which one??
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Wow the LAN version is more than double the RFXrec433 receiver I just bought. Too much for the few sensors I will have here.
                            I will look into an antenna
                            Have you considered a booster after the antenna? I do this with my W800 and it works well.

Comment

Re: RFXCOM antenna suggestions

Thanks
                              Which one?

I have w800s that I also need to boost ranges on so am very interested in whatever I can use on both to boost reception.
                              Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Working...
                              X