post 9

Comment

post 10

Comment

Nothing yet, will try later.
          Thanks

Comment

Try now.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you Rupp. The posting rules show that I can now post attachments.

Mark,
              You asked for a screen shot of my status screen showing the keypadlinc. This screen shot shows one of three keypadlincs in my system. They all behave the same, I assume. I have only verified two of them.

Steve
              Attached Files

Comment

So here is the syntax you need to implement to use the following method:

TransmitInsteonCommand("\", "6", 0x11, 0xFF)

For KPLs, you need to transmit to the on/load device as opposed to the key btns.
                Last edited by mnsandler; January 21, 2013, 09:36 PM. Reason: fixed first argument
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the help. The method worked, but I had to use the &H instead of the 0x for the hex format. I also looked at the log of Insteon action "send device comand" and it was using the HC -DC of the kepadlinc off button instead of the on button. You probably already knew this.

It would also be nice to have the lock function added along with the other opcodes. The hold the button for 10 seconds on the smarthome dimmer to start linking is a mistake in my opinion. There is already is a set button. At least I can lock them now.

Thanks again.

Comment

Well I spoke to soon. The method works well for the i2 keypadlincs, but it does not work for the i2CS keypadlincs. Apparently, by viewing the log files, the i2CS use extended commands to program op flags where the i2 uses standard length commands. Currently I see not way to send extended commands using the included methods.

Steve

Comment

Steve,
                      All i2 & l2cs devices use extended cmds for op flags

there is not public method in the plugin to do this
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Frustrated, Please Help...

To Whom...

I keep searching and have yet to find a single fully coded example that will help. Almost all the examples "assume" the person on the other end is a programmer and has been using Visual Basic.

What I need is just a little help to make the "basics" work and I can go from there. What I need to be able to do through a VB Script is change an Insteon Dimmers Ramp Rate and Brightness Level. I want to change the rate it will change from say one % brightness value to another an various times.

To this end I have been able to find enough information to put together a quick test scrip that changes the dimmers % brightness, waits 2 seconds, changes it again... However, when it runs it changes the level instantly and does not ramp to the new value. I have tried and failed to be able to use an extended version of some command that would supposedly change the ramp level. Can anyone help?

Here is what I have thus far:

Code:
                        Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal lngMilliSeconds As Long)

Public Sub Main(Parm As Object)

' THIS DOES NZOT WORK DO I COMMENTED IT OUT
                        ' Dim ramping = New String() {"&H2E", "&H00", "&H00", "&H05", "&H19"}
                        ' hs.plugin("Insteon").ExtDev_TransmitInsteonCommand("[", "4", ramping(*))

hs.setdevicevalue("[4", "70")
                        WaitSeconds(2)
                        hs.setdevicevalue("[4", "10")
                        WaitSeconds(2)
                        WaitSeconds(2)
                        WaitSeconds(2)
                        WaitSeconds(2)

End Sub

Public Sub WaitSeconds(intSeconds As Integer)
                          ' Comments: Waits for a specified number of seconds
                          ' Params  : intSeconds      Number of seconds to wait
                          ' Source  : Total Visual SourceBook

Dim datTime As Date

datTime = DateAdd("s", intSeconds, Now)

Do
                           ' Yield to other programs (better than using DoEvents which eats up all the CPU cycles)
                            Sleep(100)
                            Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()
                          Loop Until Now >= datTime

End Sub
                        Once I can control the dimmers brightness level as well as reamp rate I move to Phase 2 of my project that if successful I will share with you all...

I'm a member of a locak BOO Crew. Each year a group of us get together the same house and setup a haunt for all to come and share. We are talkinig large scale that usually fills the front yard of 1 to 1.5 homes with structure, dirt, platnts, etc etc.... One year the Pirate Black Perl, last year was a Haunted Mantin from the fromt you would swear had three levels. It had a grave yard and much more. People walked through the first level... One year a ahunted Western Town with Saloon, Bank, Blacksmith and much more. The town was on both sides of the street with yards of dirt between....

This years BOO Crew challenge is Indian Jones! Imagine a large temple, you enter and walk through passages much the same as the Disney ride... Well my first challenge of many is to get the lights to act like its on a generator like the line for the ride. Random fluctuations in levels with random slight changes in ramp rates etc.... I plan on making it adjustable through parameters etc.. What you see above was just a quick test to see if I could even get the light level to change... it does, but instantly without a ramp rate. Once I can do bothe, I'll start on the GenSim Script core code...

Here's info on my dimmer:

- Insteon SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer
                        - Code: [4
                        - Address: 1B.B6.22
                        - Firmware: 40
                        - Protocol: i2

Look forward to ideas..

Rich
                        Last edited by rjbur; September 2, 2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Ping... Anyone out there?

Just checking in... anyone have any suggestions?

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=26

Comment

Marks plugin is very good and will allow you to program the devices ramp rates. I'll assume that if ramp rates could be controlled for HS, that mark would have added that into the plugin.

Even if you could be sending commands out to insteon devices with such high frequency or intervals, would that just bog down your insteon network to the point where it takes 10 seconds or more for devices to respond?

Don't know if this is a lead but there is also 3rd party software to help with lighting effects.
                            http://www.smarthome.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=542
                            HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I checked the smarthome thread and its old and dead. The member that has all the pic and video never posted any code and his profile seems dead with no activity andnhismwebsite link is for sale. Aother dead end.

I went and posted the call for help on this thread before I realized how oldmitnwas and before I checked his profile....

Stlll no working examples of codemthatnwill allow me to change then ramp rate foam singe Insteon dimmer....

Comment

Working...
                              X