No announcement yet.

Adding a Kwikset Deadbolt - How??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, boo. So is the Aeon Lab's stick the beat current option, assuming I don't want to shell out for a Z-Troller (as I already own Z-Tools)?

Comment

Or will one of the firmware updates for the WD stick fix it? I guess it's worth a try, but if I break the stick, SWMBO will be mad, since I'm about to leave the country for a week.

http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/wayne-dalton-eula.htm

Comment

Did you get it to work with Installer_200_502.dfu?

I also have the WDUSB-10 and would like to add a lock to my system. Did you get it to work? I downloaded the Installer_200_502.dfu and noticed the date is 10/28/2008, but it does have the all important 502 in the file name per the Homeseer app note for the locks.

Comment

You need one of the newer controllers to control Z-Wave locks. Like the Z-Troller or the Z-Stick.
          http://store.homeseer.com/store/PC-Interfaces-C66.aspx
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Not true, mine is working with the WDUSB-10 with the firmware link listed earlier. Adding the lock was a huge PITA, and since then I've barely been home, but it does seem to be working. I'm not sure I can even remember how I got it added in the end, but it was by basically following the post from Kaldoon, and had to add the node by taking the lock to the PC, as opposed to capturing the node use Z-Tool.

However, since adding the lock, I'm having a lot of time-out issues trying to talk to one of my thermostats, no matter how many times I optomize the network. I'm not sure if the issues are related, but until the lock, I was having no issues talking to the stats, and now they miss maybe half or more of the requests, resulting in a cold house, and annoyed wife :-(

Comment

Working...
            X