This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to add humidity sensor to TEMP08

How do I add humidity sensor to TEMP08 box? Do I just need to solder 3 components to the board?

Also would like to know others experience comparing 1wire temp/humidity sensor vs Oregon. (I already have a RFXCOM receiver in the vicinity).

Thanks.

An easy way to do it is to simply connect a HIH4000 humidity sensor to the AIN, Gnd and +5V terminals on connector J3 (I think - going from memory here). Then change the onboard DS2438 from a V type to an H type.
    http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Midon View Post
      An easy way to do it is to simply connect a HIH4000 humidity sensor to the AIN, Gnd and +5V terminals on connector J3 (I think - going from memory here). Then change the onboard DS2438 from a V type to an H type.
      Thanks Mitch. I will try that. If I want to solder it on the board to keep it neat, will I need to install another DS2438 as well?

Comment

Yes. The second DS2438 and associated resistor and capacitor would be needed to use the HIH4000 spot on the PCB. All are called out in the schematic that is in the manual.

Mitch
        http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Relating to Mitch's combo 1-wire humidity sensor and the HB 1-wire humidity sensor. I have had both in place for a "few" years now connected to multiple Temp08's, Temp05 and RS-232/USB 1-wire 9097's. I've been testing a newer Chinese USB two port (using stereo audio port) 1-wire 9097 like devices. These are also doing fine after a year or so. I purchased a "kit" of sorts with one 9097 USB stick, two extension cables and two temperature probes. I cut one cable and utilized it for multiple 1-wire sensors; works fine.

Historically I had multiple HB combo Temp, Humidity and Light sensors outside for many years. I had the light sensor parts failure after about 3-4 years. Replaced them and they were fine. My last installed newer HB combo Humidity, Light and temperature sensor mounted in a pagado failed after about 1 month leaving only the temperature piece of the sensor working.

That said I have about 4 of Mitch's combo humidity/temperature sensors running fine these days now for a few years.

I also have some "original" AAG microminiature combo temperature and humidity sensors running still just fine after about 10 years. These are really unique that they are only about 7mm in diameter. Never seen any like this afterwards. These run with just two wires and no additional cabling required.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X