This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble enabeling Insteon on new PC with v1.6.1.0

This is a post I have in the General Insteon section but I have the same problem with this new version. I like the improvements and will purchase if I can get it running on this new PC. I downloaded the .dll and trial license an copied the files per the instructions.<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I made the switch to a new PC running Windows 7 and I'm having trouble getting Homeseer to recognize the Insteon plug in.

I copied the old configuration files and everything else seems to work Ok except my Insteon devices. The following is hopefully the relevant information to help understand the problem.

- I'm using a Smarthome USB interface #2413 UH
    - The entry at startup says, "Initializing Interface: Insteon->Could not open COM3 - System.IO.IOException: The port 'COM3' does not exist . . .
    - Under Startup / Interfaces I see that the Insteon Plug-In is enabeled as Com3
    - When I select "Configure" for the plug-in I get a message, "** You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer **
    Insteon functions are only available when the I/O interface is enabled.

** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***
    Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in.

I'm not sure why a USB device is using a COM port but that might have to do with the configuration of the old PC. It was running Windows Vista.

Any help on this problem would be greately appreciated.

Tom
    <!-- / message -->
    <!-- controls -->

Is Com3 the correct port for the PLM, disconnect it and check the windows device manager to see if com3 goes away. reconnect the plm and com3 should reappear.

the 2413u uses a virtual com port. you should check the version of the ftdi drivers you have installed.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Problem solved

Thanks for the help

When I disconnected the PLM COM3 went away and when reconnected COM 4 was enabeled. I changed to COM 4 on the plug-in page, rebooted and all seems well.

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X