Jon00 Homeseer 2 web page (Quick view) builder Version 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    When I update this with the small changes I made, I'll disable the HSP status and put a note in the instructions.

FYI, this error only happens if you do not have Homeseer Phone installed.

Thanks jon, I completely missed the page where you explained what that was and how to fix it. Thankfully 8r1an was kind enough to point me to it.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

The suggestions here have got my errors fixed but i'm still having a problem. I have one section that I'm using 3 columns to display device, status, time changed. Works perfectly. The very next section I wanted to do the exact same thing but no matter what I try it won't change to 3 columns. Even in the sub heading I can't get it to display the label. I just don't understand. It works in one section but not another and the only real difference is the devices displayed. Below is the ini file for the section I can't get to work. I went as far as to copy the one that does work and change the numbers for section and column but it still won't work. I can't get the 3rd column or the 3rd column subheading to display.

***** Column 2 Section 2 *****

Column2Heading2="Temperatures"
      Column2Heading2SpacerTop=5
      Column2Heading2SpacerBottom=3
      Column2Heading2Height=

Column2SubHeadingLeft2=Area
      Column2SubHeadingRight2=Reading
      Column2SubHeadingRightExtra2=Last Change
      Column2SubHeadingHeight2=

Column2Section2Spacer=1
      Column2Section2VerticalSpacer=1
      Column2Section2LeftAlign=
      Column2Section2RightAlign=
      Column2Section2RightExtraAlign=
      Column2Section2WidthLeft=140
      Column2Section2WidthRight=

Column2Section2-1Left=Attic
      Column2Section2-1Right=DeviceW1
      Column2Section2-1RightExtra=DLCw1
      Column2Section2-1Height=

Column2Section2-2Left=Lou's Office
      Column2Section2-2Right=Device_1
      Column2Section2-2RightExtra=DLC_1
      Column2Section2-2Height=

Any Idea what I could be doing wrong?
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Sorry... It's a bug!

I've found the problem but cannot package this up until later tonight or first thing tomorrow.
        Jon

Comment

Oh thank goodness. No rush at all, since it's not me this time, a rare day indeed.
          Marty
          ------

Comment

OK, It's been corrected. V2.02 is now available.
            Jon

Comment

Jon,

Thanks for your help with the redirect issue I do have that working now although for some reason I had to name the redirect file .aspx. Anyway I'm not sure if this is something to do with the new version or not, but I'm having problems with the page never completing its load. The IE flag keeps waving and in the bottom status area it shows: Opening page http:... and it doesn't finish. It seems when I first go to the page the first time it works and sometimes I can refresh a couple times without any problems, but then normally after that it starts hanging on the opening. The page appears to be completely displayed and updated, but because I use DooMenu I am unable to use the menus because it has not completely loaded. This would happen on occasion with the older version, but a refresh would always fix it. Now that doesn't seem to be the case. I have cycled HS and tried multiple quickview pages and also tried it from several client machines. I also am running the newest 2.02 version. Don't know if you can help with this or not, but if needed I will try it again with DooMenu disabled to see if the page will complete its loading.

Thanks,
              Jeff

Comment

I cannot see how redirect.asp renamed to aspx could ever work. There must be something wrong here.

If you just call a page directly in the browser, does it still take a long time to load? Do other asp or aspx pages have the same issue?
                Jon

Comment

One other thing.

In the ini file, set RemoveLinks=1 which will disable all links (including DooMenu). See if that improves matters as a test.
                  Jon

Comment

Ok for the redirect issue. This is what I have it set to now

Contents of the redirect.aspx file:

<%
                    response.Redirect("/buildpage.ash?val=stats3")
                    %>

Then on the Web Site tab I have Custom Web Page 1 pointing to:

redirect.aspx

What I was seeing yesterday was it was trying to find a stats2 page and I don't know if I have ever had one with that name or if I have it was when the first package just came out. I thought maybe there was an old redirect.asp it was finding, but I searched my HS directory and could not find one. So that's why just for the heck of it I tried renaming the file to .ASPX and changed it in HS and it started working. I double checked my typing multiple times and made sure I didn't have any typos when it was set to .ASP, but still could not get it to work so I just left it last night. After reading your reply tonight I have renamed it back to .ASP and changed HS and it also seems to be working currently. So I have no idea at this point what issue I had last night. I will keep an eye on it and see what happens. I thought sure I just must be doing something wrong, but couldn't figure it out and with the rename working that was good enough at the time.

As for the other issue with the continuing to try to open the page I have updated my two .ini files to remove the links and then restarted HS.

After a few tests so far it does appear that it continues to happen. The page is displayed on the screen, but it still shows the flag waving and the opening page message at the bottom of the screen. I have left it for 4 or 5 minutes and it never completes. This also happens on the local machine where HS is running. It doens' appear to happen everytime and sometimes I have to refresh the screen like 3 or 4 times and then it gets stuck.

Thanks,
                    Jeff

Comment

Jeff,

I can't really help you much here only to say that I too had problems with pages not loading on my old HS system, so much so that I put in a help-desk ticket. There was not much response so I just stuck with it for a while. When I purchased my Hometroller, all my issues went away and have not looked back.

I know that does not help but does point to an issue with certain set-ups.
                      Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon,

I may try going back to the old version as it didn't seem to "hang" up as much on the page openings. That will at least allow me to rule out that something else changed on my system that is causing it. If it would just happen once in a while and I could refresh to clear the problem it would be ok, but in the last day or two once it starts getting stuck on the opening sometimes I can't get it to come out of it no matter how many times I refresh. I have to switch pages and then come back and sometimes it is ok.

Thanks again,
                        Jeff

Comment

OK,

Is it just pages on your HS Server that get stuck i.e. if you browse the Internet or say visit my site is everything OK then?
                          Jon

Comment

No it does not seem to effect my other browsing and I'm actually connected from work and it is hanging and I have tried it from one of the machines at home and it is hanging. Right now I am only able to duplicate it on my two Quickview pages I have. I do have IIS running on that machine so I'm going to shut it down right now and reboot to see if that helps at all. In the past it would maybe hang 1 out of 50 or 75 refreshes, but after installing 2.0 of quickview it seems to happen about 50% or more. I'm not ruling out something else happening at close to the same time, but that's the only thing I can think of currently. I will report back once I have IIS off and test it for a bit.

Thanks,
                            Jeff

Update: Well I tried turning off IIS and rebooting the machine, but that didn't appear to help.
                            Last edited by cerjzc; July 20, 2008, 06:37 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Jeff,

My only other thought is that one of the Homeseer calls to display information is taking a long time to respond.

What I suggest you do is to remove all entries in the ini file apart from column1section1. If it loads, then keep adding sections until you find the culprit section. It's then a case of finding out which are causing the issue.
                              Jon

Comment

Jon,

Sounds like a plan. I will give that a shot later today.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X