Suggestions as to alarm monitoring companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions as to alarm monitoring companies

This topic crosses the security systems, so I put it here.

We will be swapping out a 10 year old ADT system with an Elk M1 system late summer or fall. We already have Homeseer, Insteon devices and the ISY99.

We are taking suggestions as to alarm monitoring companies to replace ADT. There are some as low as $10/month. Example (there are others):
    http://www.smarthome.com/alarm.html

I am confident I can setup the Elk and ISY to alert me as to alarms and various conditions, but my family feels the need for some independent monitoring and fire/police dispatch capability without all the expense and handholding.

Any suggsetions? Any good results, bad experiences? etc.

I looked back a few years on this forum and did not see anything.
    I apologize if this seems so newbie ...

I use the company you have listed - "Alarm Relay". I have never had a problem with them.
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Neiltimms - Thanks for the helpful info. Any others?

Comment

I don't have a monitoring company at the moment, but many on the boards have used NextAlarm. I haven't really read anything bad about them. Again, I don't use them......

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
          I use the company you have listed - "Alarm Relay". I have never had a problem with them.
          Alarm relay here too. I have had no issues whatsoever. They are very fast, very professional and very helpful! They get my highest recommendation!

Comment

Can suggest ActyMac DutyWatch.

Comment

I use NextAlarm. Other than email / calling /opening tickets - lackluster. The service itself is fine and working well for me.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X