Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD11A X10 Woes! Can see in but

Hey Guys!

I have been lurking for some time now and I have learned a TON from everyone.

I am hoping I can get some help with the an issue I am having with HSPro, X10 and HS Touch.

Issue #1:

I have a situation where in some places, HS does not see or send ANY X10 codes. In some places HSPro can see the commands coming from my X10 RF Remote but, cannot send any commands. There is never a time that the HSPro can send any commands.

What could be the issue I can start to chase down?

I am using a HD11A, HS Pro 2.3.0.19 and HS Touch on iPad.

Issue #2:

On my HSTouch iPad, whenever I send a command from my iPad, the log show 2 commands. WHen I press ON, it seems like it sends it twice. Same for off. It is consistent with any device I activate on my iPad. It also does the same thing on the HSTouch on my computer.

I looked at the programing for the buttons and do not see anything odd. Then again, I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to scripts and what not. I am using the default iPad skin.

Thank you, in advance for your help!
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

The first issue sounds like a weak X10 signal and possibly noise on the powerline. If you do not have a coupler/repeater installed in your breaker panel then you should if you are going to stick with X10. This will help with weak signals.

How do you have your buttons set up in HSTouch? On press or release?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

THank you, Rupp!!

Currently, for testing, I have lamp module and the HD11a in the same room on the same breaker but an outlet over. Would that make a difference? That is the only way I can get HS to even see the events.

How would that change your suggestion?

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

That's a good test. X10 is black magic but the coupler/repeater is a first step to at least bridge the 2 phases of your electric panel and increase the X10 signal strength. Then an X10 signal meter is also a must if you are still having issues.

Comment

Ok, will do. Thank you!

Any ideas on the HSTouch giving double commands?

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
            Ok, will do. Thank you!

Any ideas on the HSTouch giving double commands?
            How do you have your buttons set up in HSTouch? On press or release?

Comment

On Release only. Not both.

Take that back...

I am not sure... WHen I try to see that all I see is "Device Selector". I do not see how to change that. On the "home page" of the default iPad.xml in the designer, all I see is "Sample 1" and Sample 2" and so-on. However, in my iPad, it changes to the devices I have so, I have no idea how to change that.
              Last edited by Dafunktyfunk; December 14, 2010, 10:27 PM.

Comment

X10 Update--

Now, I have the HD11A in one outlet, the lamp module connected into the same outlet and I still can't HS to activate the device. It reads the command when I use the X10 remote but, won't control it...

D'oh....

Comment

Did you activate the CM11A plugin via setup > interfaces?

Comment

X10 Update--

Now, I have the HD11A in one outlet, the lamp module connected into the same outlet and I still can't HS to activate the device. It reads the command when I use the X10 remote but, won't control it...

D'oh....

this is a funny one...
                    I had one like this..

i plugged a x10 timer alarm ( http://housewares.about.com/b/2006/0...s-lighting.htm )

pluggd it into an outlet and also a lamp module into the SAME outlet... couldnt control the lamp module...
                    I had a APC1000 ups in the basement killing the signal... put a filter on that and now it all works...

so even if you think WELL IT IS ALL THE SAME OUTLET... the littlest kill will take down alot..

now back on the repeater..
                    I have the xpcr... before i had it.. it was hit or miss with the x10 stuff...
                    now after i added that.. im up 99.9999% on x10....

now this lil baby just went on me.. there is an led on it... when i hit a palmpad button.. i dont get any blinkeys.... so assuming it is bad.. just ordered another..... had it for 8 years....
                    also even if you dont need it.. if you dont have a coupler.. you SHOULD have one... since it is a repeater..

it takes say A1 on Phase 1... it throws A1 back out on Phase 1, 2 and 3 (phase 3 is unconnected as i only have a 2 phase box)

here it is... nice and cheap...
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/X10-PRO-Signal-A...item336349d3f5
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Wow! That is cheap!!!

So, with this baby, this is all I need?

Ok, so I read the auction... it looks like this will do BOTH functions! Ok, I am getting it!!!

BTW, THANK YOU so much for the help with this!

Comment

Wow! That is cheap!!!

Ok, so I read the auction... it looks like this will do BOTH functions! Ok, I am getting it!!!

Did you enable the CM11A plugin?

Comment

Wow! That is cheap!!!

yeah you wont regret it ... for less than $20 to know that your x10 stuff will fire off fine.. is great...

mine was acting up though right before it went out...
                          i was getting rogue housecodes on and off of house letters that i havent used....
                          when i posted my topic on my repeater dying... i verified i had lights when i posted.. then i noticed the lights werent working after i posted...
                          so mine is officially dead..

im using my mini timer (alarm clock) in my kitchen for the moment while waiting for my xpcr to turn on my xmas lights.... using HS was hit or miss for some reason... but since it fully died im thinking i can have HS do it again....
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                            Did you enable the CM11A plugin?

Yes, Sir. It is active and receiving commands, just not sending them.

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                              yeah you wont regret it ... for less than $20 to know that your x10 stuff will fire off fine.. is great...

mine was acting up though right before it went out...
                              i was getting rogue housecodes on and off of house letters that i havent used....
                              when i posted my topic on my repeater dying... i verified i had lights when i posted.. then i noticed the lights werent working after i posted...
                              so mine is officially dead..

im using my mini timer (alarm clock) in my kitchen for the moment while waiting for my xpcr to turn on my xmas lights.... using HS was hit or miss for some reason... but since it fully died im thinking i can have HS do it again....
                              So all your X10 issues went away with this, eh?

I hope this fixes my issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X