This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW Script Connector plugin V1.20.2.4

Here is a new version of the Script Connector plugin and Script Client.

Change log:

- Fixed a problem with the first initialization of the Script Client name.
    - Fixed a few problems with Windows User Access Control (Vista/Seven)
    - Tested the remote script client under XP, Vista and Windows Seven (32-bit version).
    - Added two event triggers (Script Client Connected or Disconnected)
    - Added two event Conditions (Script Client Connected or Disconnected)
    - Added a config link that shows Connected script clients.

The Script Client does not write anymore to the Program Files directory, to be compatible with Windows User Access Control.

- The Script Client settings are no more stored in a .ini file. They are stored in the registry instead (HKCU\Software\Stipus\HsScriptClient)
    - Dll files for each script are no more stored in the Scripts directory. Scripts are now compiled to dlls in User Directory\AppData\Local\Stipus\HsScriptClient

You can also find the SetupHsScriptClient.msi in the zip archive.

All plugin dlls and the script client executable (HsScript.exe) must be at the same revision level on all your remote computers and the HomeSeer server.

[EDIT] Attachement removed as it is now available from the HomeSeer updater
    Last edited by stipus; December 1, 2009, 03:26 AM.
    --
    stipus

I am getting the following error. For good measure I deleted all my generated dll's from the program files\Homeseer Speaker directory and the error persists. I verified that the plugin and the client were v1.19.2.4 and I used the .msi installer for the client. I also verified that I am running the most current version of the speaker cleint.

9:07:11 PM Can't access the Script Connector:Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    9:07:11 PM InnerException:Could not load type '' from assembly 'HsScript, Version=1.10.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    What do you advice?
    Last edited by jasv; November 26, 2009, 12:34 AM.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

It looks like you have a mismatched version of the dll on the Server.

Double check :
      - hspi_sip.dll
      - HsScript.exe
      - Stipus.ScriptConnector.Interface.dll

On BOTH the Client and the Server.
      They must all be v1.20.2.4

From the error message, it looks you have one v1.10.2.2 HsScript.exe somewhere.
      Last edited by stipus; November 27, 2009, 02:34 PM.
      --
      stipus

Comment

Fixed

You were correct. I had assumed that the hsscript.exe was just for the client. Once I updated the .exe on the server, everything is working great. Thanks for your help and for the plugin.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Looking good so far...I was hoping to have the facility to detect if a script connector was connected to HS to put a condition on events?

Comment

OK. I'm working on this feature.

So far I added a Client Connected and Disconnected trigger.

However, I'm stuck on the condition, as it doesn't look like the first control in a condition can be a TextBox (to input the script client name).
            --
            stipus

Comment

I found no way to show a textbox.... I just sent a message to Rich about this problem.

If he confirms the textbox is not supported, I'll replace it with a ComboBox with the list of currently connected Script Clients.

This means you'll need Script Client X to be connected at the time you create a condition for Script Client X connected or disconnected. No big deal.
              --
              stipus

Comment

So far I added a Client Connected and Disconnected trigger
                is this in the new release?

Comment

No ... this is implemented in the next release V1.20.2.4

I'm waiting for an answer from Rich about the condition problem, before releasing it.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

OK ta...

Comment

Changed post #1 attachement to V1.20.2.4

- Added 2 event Triggers (Script Client XXX Connected or Disconnected)
                      - Added 2 event Conditions (Script Client XXX Connected or Disconnected)
                      - Added a config link that shows Connected script clients.
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Works Great. Thanks.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Are the clients the same or do we have to re-install them?

Comment

You have to reinstall them (or just copy the 3 files HsScript.exe, hspi_script.dll and Stipus.ScriptConnector.Interface.dll to each remote computer script client directory).

All dlls and the .exe must always be in sync on all computers.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

I wish there was someway to auto-update the connector as getting round 12 of my PC's including remote PC's can be a pain sometimes.

But thanks for the update will give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X