This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question

Hopefully someone can answer my question. I've had an Audiotron in the closet for years. I recently dusted it off and have several questions:
    1. is there a version of the setup program running around that works under vista or late?. There is a big note on my 4.0 version CD saying not to use with XP. I must have had a reason but it excapes me now.

2. I assume most if not all the lossless music formats (wave, wma, and MP3) don't work with the older Audiotron. Any options to use the newer formats?

Thanks for any comments.
    Dennisolatcox.net

You can use the CD as a coaster for your drinks, you don't need it to setup the AT. Once you configure an IP address for it using the built in controls, or let it get an IP address from your DHCP server, all the rest of the config can be done using the build in webpages.

The AT will handle WAV files, if you need lossless and have a lot of disk space handy. The build in hardware decoder can't handle the "lossless" bitrates of wma/mp3 though. Since the audio quality of the analog outputs isn't that great, lossless playback is miss leading on the AT anyway.

Comment

Thanks Brian. Appreciate the response...guess i'll use basic wave files
      D

Comment

Working...
      X