www.homeseer.com  

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer > Legacy Software (Older Versions) > HS2 / HSPRO > Feature Requests

Feature Requests Post requests for new features. Others can rate your request to indicate the interest level in the feature.

Old February 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Seer Deluxe

Default Exist Tasks..

I've recently started using Tasker for Android and really like the entrance / exist task and think it's a perfect fit for Homeseer.

Example:

Enter Task runs when condition is met e.g. When Motion detector detects motion then turn light on.

Exit Task runs when the condition is no longer met e.g. Motion detector no longer detects motion so turn off light.

This would save one from having to Create an Event to fire when a condition is true (such as motion = is motion) and then another Event to fire when the condition is no longer true (such as motion = no motion).

Tasker also has the ability to return things to a previous state once the exit task has run which I could see being useful in HS as well.
Old February 6th, 2012, 02:47 PM
OverSeer

I'm as Tasker user myself. Very powerful piece of software.

Good idea!
Old February 6th, 2012, 04:15 PM
OverSeer

I just made an event that states, if anything happens, trigger the code.

Then it triggers a script. In the script, I have it say "if condition one, do thing 1, else do thing 2".

One event, one sub in my main script.

Pretty simple...?

--Dan
Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.
Old February 6th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Seer Deluxe

Dan, but that still requires scripting. I'd hope that HS 3.x requires less scripting and has more built in functions including conditions that can match if,else,for,loop, et cetera.
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:19 AM
OverSeer

ah, it was not clear that you were making a request for 3.x (at least to me).

So, I offered my solution, which works now, and will work in HS 3. So...yeah...

Besides, some of the reasons why you would want separate events/conditions, if you wanted on to be triggered all the time, but off to only be triggered at night. That type of thing. I can handle in the script quite easily.

--Dan
Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.
Old February 7th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Seer Deluxe

I think one of the trickiest thing to capture in HS is people's activity and location.
How many ppl are we tracking? Are they just entering the room, exiting it or just moving about inside? When there are no movements, does that mean no one is in the room? Etc.

Tasker has pretty nice event system, but more importantly, it has access to very clear and distinct start/stop signals: time, location (via gps), system events to feed it.
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Seer Deluxe

LeoS, I'm not certain what activity and location have to do with it. This can be used with ANY event such as:

Enter Task:
Hallway light turn on -> turn on upstairs light
Exist Task:
Hallways Light turn off -> turn off upstairs light.

One event that does the function of two. Dan keeps mentioning scripts but keep in mind that there are a LOT of people that have no idea (and no desire to learn) how to write VB or VB.net. Using scripts means that everything isn't self explanatory when looking at the overview in HS. You'll only know the device command when you go edit the script.

HS' staff really should install Tasker on their android devices and Premise HA software on an old PC for ideas for HS 3.