www.homeseer.com  

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Stipus Plug-Ins > Bluetooth Connector

Bluetooth Connector Discussions for the Bluetooth Connector Plug-in.

Old March 5th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Seer Master

Another day, I have beat myself in the head with this blackberry. This was the best program I ever had and I had to go and switch phones. I would like to know what all to remove to make a clean install. The computer finds the phone, but the program is not finding nothing. I loved this program because I had it set up to turn my oxygen machine on and off, to try to save electric. It worked perfect with my last phone. I wanted to add so much more, like the the alarm system. But, I cant get the this program to find nothing.
Before when I would do the search for the search page it would take a little over a minute to run, now it only takes a half a second. This is why I know its something that has happened to the program also, because the day I got the new phone, homeseer messed up and I did a restore. Now I can not get this program to work and I really loved it more then any that I owned.
Could someone help with what all I should remove before I restore it again. I have ran the install a bunch of times, and thats not getting it.
Please looking for some help,
Danielbo
Old March 5th, 2010, 03:03 AM
OverSeer

Try to
1) Shutdown HomeSeer
2) Delete (or rename) Config/hspi_bt.ini
3) Restart HomeSeer and re-install the plugin from the updater.
Instant Messaging Connector - Direct Input Connector - Bluetooth Connector - SIP Voice over IP Connector - Skype Connector - Script Connector - PLCBUS Connector
Old June 13th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Seer Deluxe

AIRcable Host XR.

Working with MS stack, dont see ranges ofcourse since i dont have widcomm installed.

But http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dc...ooth_Interface does say it is supported. Tried to install a default widcom stack but so far no luck since i have a belkin usb network hub and placed the device in the center of the house so it finds the phones everywhere in the house. Will test if i can hook it up to the pc and then run the installer again.
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Seer

Default Bluetooth Headset with Multiple Dongles

Hello,

I am trying to understand if what I am thinking to do is actually possible with this plugin. What I would like to do is use a bluetooth headset to walk around the house issuing commands to Homeseer, while having the response applied to the particular location within the house, using the triangulation capabilities of the multiple widcom capable receivers. Does the plugin currently look at the signal strength from multiple plugins and triangulate the exact location. This would be great for all kinds of responses, as well as the voice commands I would like to use. I use cat5 - USB baluns which extend USB devices was planning on strategically locating these within differnt rooms to provide the points for triangulation. These would all be connected to one machine, my server in the basement.

Does all of this sound feasible? If so, then what are the suggestions on BT dongles and headsets.

Thanks,

Greg
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM
OverSeer

In theory this should work.... However in pratice triangulation is not good enough, and I'm not sure you can use your BT device simultaneously to command HomeSeer...
Instant Messaging Connector - Direct Input Connector - Bluetooth Connector - SIP Voice over IP Connector - Skype Connector - Script Connector - PLCBUS Connector
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Seer

Thanks,

Could the signal strength be recorded and used as a locational reference map. Given the relative signal strengths from the different sensors and the appropriate maps, a fairly accurate answer should be achievable. Do you think that this would be feasible.

Also, I was just reading on UWB and this sounds like a very interesting technology for inside positioning. I can't seem to find any consumer level hardware though.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Seer Plus

I can confirm that the Bolutek BTD-6610 also works with a patched Widcomm stack (the Bolutek is CSR based). Range indication works with this setup.

Alex
Old August 19th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emotion View Post
I've recently purchased a Bolutek BTD-6610 adapter which works out of the box with the Bluetooth Connector on Windows 7 32-bit using the Windows stack (it says on the box it works with XP, Vista, etc.)

Forget your 100m class 1 adapters, this thing has got a range of 2000m and comes equipted with a whacking big aerial which means now it detects my phone before I've even driven onto the drive and this thing is in the middle of the house so it has to go through 3 brick walls too!

http://www.bolutek.com/Products_info.asp?id=267
Any idea if this works with the Widcomm stack? With such a long range, it'd be nice to detect distances!

Edit... I missed the reply just above this one! What does "a patched Widcomm stack" mean/imply?
Old September 15th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Seer

[QUOTE=mfisher;751821]I'll add that these combinations work:

D-Link DBT-120 adapter (short range) with Widcom stack v1.4.2 b10
QUOTE]

Does the DBT-120 come with the Widcom stack or do you have to get the Widcom stack seperately? I bought the D-link DBT-120 and installed it. It came with a Toshiba bluetooth stack that won't work with the HS bluetooth plug-in.
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Seer Deluxe

about to order a new BT dongel to give this plug in a try. Any feedback on what I should order? I'm looking for longer range (100m) vs. shorter. Has anyone tried the latest Beklin unit (F8T017)? Has the high CPU issue noted in this thread been resolved?

Thanks!

-Mike
Old June 28th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Seer

Default Bluetooth connector on WHS 2011

Has anyone tried the Bluetooth connector with HS running on Windows Home Server 2011?
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwtroxell View Post
Has anyone tried the Bluetooth connector with HS running on Windows Home Server 2011?
I'm trying, but no luck yet!
Old September 10th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Seer Plus

Default Patched Widcomm Stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomeAdept View Post
I can confirm that the Bolutek BTD-6610 also works with a patched Widcomm stack (the Bolutek is CSR based). Range indication works with this setup.

Alex
Can you explain what you mean by a patched Widcomm stack or where one can be obtained that is compatible with the Bolutek dongle?
Old January 15th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Can you explain what you mean by a patched Widcomm stack or where one can be obtained that is compatible with the Bolutek dongle?
Well, try this -

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=widcomm+uncrippled+bluetooth
Old February 6th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Seer Plus

Default Cccan we try again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiie View Post
Link seems to be broken and I am keen to try and get the Widcomm stack working, any alternatives?
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Seer

Default I am confused

Quote:
Here is the vb.net routine I use to change the poll interval on the Bluetooth Connector to save phone battery power. You create an event when the mobile (cell) phone is detected and issue the following command (e.g.):

ConfigureBluetooth(180, 5, R1)
Where 180 is the Poll Delay, 5 is the number of retries before it gives up and R1 is the HomeSeer device code.

When the phone is disconnected, you want to be able to quickly identify it again, so you'd create an event on Mobile phone disconnected and do the following .net command (e.g.):
ConfigureBluetooth(10, 5, R1)

vb.net code:

Private Sub ConfigureBluetooth(ByVal PollDelay, ByVal LostConfirm, ByVal HsDevice)
Dim SectionName, items, section
Dim FoundSection As Boolean
HsDevice = HsDevice.ToLower
For ds = 0 To 50
SectionName = "Device" & ds.ToString
section = hs.GetINISection(SectionName, "hspi_bt.ini")
If section = "" Then
FoundSection = False
Exit For
End If
items = Split(section, Chr(0))
For I = 0 To UBound(items)
If Strings.Left(items(I), 9) = "HsDevice=" Then
If LCase(Mid(items(I), 10)) = HsDevice Then
FoundSection = True
Exit For
End If
End If
Next
If FoundSection = True Then 'Start configuring
hs.SaveINISetting(SectionName, "PollDelay", PollDelay, "hspi_bt.ini")
hs.SaveINISetting(SectionName, "LostConfirm", LostConfirm, "hspi_bt.ini")
hs.Plugin("BT Connector").scanner.Devices(SectionName).ReloadConfig()
Exit For
End If
Next
End Sub

How do I get this to work as I am getting:

2/26/2012 9:19:20 PM - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: BTConnector.txt1025:Expected end of statement in line 3 More info: Expected end of statement

And yes, I named the file "BTConnector.txt"!

The event runs a "Run Script":

"Run script: BTConnector.txt(ConfigureBluetooth(180, 5, X1))"

Just can't get it to work.
Old February 27th, 2012, 05:05 AM
OverSeer

At the beginning of the script, it is stated "VB.NET code"

However you added a .txt extension to your script filename. Homeseer does not run .txt files as VB.NET. Use the .vb extension for this purpose.
Old March 26th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Seer Master

Default Bluetooth dongle

Kind of a newbie with this sort of thing but I'd like to give it a try. Anyone point me to a bluetooth dongle that works? I don't want to spend too much time downloading stuff, etc. Is there a dongle I can buy and it just works? This thread seems to indicate a lot of patches and stacks that I am not familiar with but I guess I'll have to look into it...
Old April 19th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Here is the vb.net routine I use to change the poll interval on the Bluetooth Connector to save phone battery power. You create an event when the mobile (cell) phone is detected and issue the following command (e.g.):

ConfigureBluetooth(180, 5, R1)
Where 180 is the Poll Delay, 5 is the number of retries before it gives up and R1 is the HomeSeer device code.

When the phone is disconnected, you want to be able to quickly identify it again, so you'd create an event on Mobile phone disconnected and do the following .net command (e.g.):
ConfigureBluetooth(10, 5, R1)

vb.net code:

Private Sub ConfigureBluetooth(ByVal PollDelay, ByVal LostConfirm, ByVal HsDevice)
Dim SectionName, items, section
Dim FoundSection As Boolean
HsDevice = HsDevice.ToLower
For ds = 0 To 50
SectionName = "Device" & ds.ToString
section = hs.GetINISection(SectionName, "hspi_bt.ini")
If section = "" Then
FoundSection = False
Exit For
End If
items = Split(section, Chr(0))
For I = 0 To UBound(items)
If Strings.Left(items(I), 9) = "HsDevice=" Then
If LCase(Mid(items(I), 10)) = HsDevice Then
FoundSection = True
Exit For
End If
End If
Next
If FoundSection = True Then 'Start configuring
hs.SaveINISetting(SectionName, "PollDelay", PollDelay, "hspi_bt.ini")
hs.SaveINISetting(SectionName, "LostConfirm", LostConfirm, "hspi_bt.ini")
hs.Plugin("BT Connector").scanner.Devices(SectionName).ReloadConfig()
Exit For
End If
Next
End Sub
Does this work when using the Widcomm stack?

I have set this up and there are no errors in the log. But the Poll Time is not being changed?

How to resolve?

Thx!
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:25 PM
OverSeer

You should try to reload the whole config

hs.Plugin("BT Connector").ReloadConfig()