www.homeseer.com  

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Jon00's plugins and scripts

Jon00's plugins and scripts Discussions related to Jon00's plugins and scripts.

Old February 26th, 2012, 06:55 PM
OverSeer

Yes, it is on page 8 of the docs.

Old February 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Jon,

A bit confused with network intrusion.

Done

Configured Jon00RCCNM.ini such that I have a device for intrusion (K99)

I ran the script once and see this in the log:

It created device K99 and I see all of the IPs in my subnet.

This following line is where I am confused:

Do I create an event and call it: "Jon00RCCNM DeviceDetect"?

And do I make it manual and assign the script "Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb" ?
If the script detects a network intrusion, it will run Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb script which I supplied. It also triggers when the device dissapears.

Intrusion will also trigger an event called 'Jon00RCCNM DeviceDetect' which you would need to create. Similarily if it dissapears then an event 'Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDissapear' will trigger, provided it exists.

Old February 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM
OverSeer

So then I would create two events:

Quote:
Intrusion will also trigger an event called 'Jon00RCCNM DeviceDetect' which you would need to create. Similarily if it dissapears then an event 'Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDissapear' will trigger, provided it exists.
Set to manual. No trigger. Which would run a script? or a device change?

This is the part I am getting confused with; apologies Jon for my not understanding it.
Attached Images

Homeseer User
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:08 AM
OverSeer

Pete,

The network intrusion script will trigger the respective event (hence they have to be named exactly as printed) which is why they can be set to manual. Remember these will only be triggered once so nothing will happen until network devices either disappears or reappears again.

You can if you like just delete these named events, and trigger events on device value (K99) change. Its device value will be set depending on the number of unknown devices detected i.e. 0 for none, 1 for one etc.

The Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb script also always runs (if it exists in the scripts directory) on devices appearing and disappearing. Using the script gives more flexibility as the script is passed details of the device (MAC, IP and status etc). If you get time open up this script in a text editor and you will see example usage.

I just give various options to do things depending on your preferences. You have the choice!

Old February 27th, 2012, 10:25 AM
OverSeer

Thank-you Jon.

Yes have around 30 plus statically assigned devices on the network and maybe 3 scoped for DHCP. (/25 mask and I have stuff in groups all statically assigned)

So I could basically set your script to "watch" normally "up" devices and check for any "new" devices coming up on the network which are not part of the scoped out DHCP addresses or statically assigned IP devices?

I'm going baby step wise; adding a bit here and there; learning a bit every day about your fantastic script.

Homeseer User
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:13 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Thank-you Jon.

Yes have around 30 plus statically assigned devices on the network and maybe 3 scoped for DHCP. (/25 mask and I have stuff in groups all statically assigned)

So I could basically set your script to "watch" normally "up" devices and check for any "new" devices coming up on the network which are not part of the scoped out DHCP addresses or statically assigned IP devices?

I'm going baby step wise; adding a bit here and there; learning a bit every day about your fantastic script.
Yes, but I would put it another way. It will watch for devices that are not assigned to the network monitoring routine or listed under the IPExclusion list (set in the ini file).

If a unspecified device on that subnet appears ( either DHCP or static) then the event 'Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDetect' would run (if it exists) and the script Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb will also run. These can be used for warnings, whatever. If this device then disappears from the network then the event 'Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDissapear' would run (if it exists) and the script Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb will also run again. As I said before, this script is passed parameters such as if the device is detected or not.

I've just spotted a bug in my code where the Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDetect event will never trigger as I have named it incorrectly. If you want to try it, use the script for the moment to do what you want or trigger on device value change on the virtual device. I'll update the script with that correction and also change my poor spelling for disappear in the event name which I have also just seen!

Old February 27th, 2012, 11:57 AM
OverSeer

I have both of the events named correctly as you specified.

I have to work on the exclusion list as I have the IPs in groups of types of devices; so they are all over the subnet.

I am seeing an issue which I thought kind of went away but its still there with the HAI panel and one HP printer dropping and connecting to the network thanks to your script. Think the HP printer is going to sleep? (3 other networked printers stay on line just fine) But not sure whats up with the HAI OPII panel.

I have another stand alone application which watches the network so thinking of running that one on another box to compare as I have never done that for more than an hour or two.

Homeseer User
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:08 PM
OverSeer

Pete,

Replace Jon00RCCNM_Monitor.vben with the one attached. The correct event names will be:

Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDetect

and

Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDisappear

I've also updated the download on my site to reflect this change including version number and updated docs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Monitor.zip (160.4 KB, 13 views)

Old February 27th, 2012, 12:42 PM
OverSeer

Done. Thank you Jon.

Just noticed that I had spelled "Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDisappear" (above) with two s's and one "p".

Whoa...thinking I am starting to lose it here....

Thank you for providing a "spot on" script Jon!

Homeseer User
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:18 AM
OverSeer

Jon,

Is there a way to separate the clients from just the network devices?

I've reorganized my TS's into a separate subnet group.

The quickest way for me was to edit the ini file.

That said though it would be easier when I ran the client script if it created it's own group. IE:

Quote:
Jon00 Network Clients
and when I ran the network script it would continue just using

Quote:
Jon00 Network
group.

Or did I miss something in the documentation that changes this already?

Homeseer User
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:29 AM
OverSeer

Unfortunately it is fixed for both. You can override the settings for location and Location2 but it will still be the same for both the Network and Client under that device.

Happy to add this to the next version.

Old March 7th, 2012, 02:02 PM
OverSeer

Thanks Jon.

Just configuring multiple Wintel touchscreen clients with your application.

Pushing the client piece a bit to around 15. Total network devices though is now around 40 give or take 1-2.

Homeseer User
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:39 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Thanks Jon.

Just configuring multiple Wintel touchscreen clients with your application.

Pushing the client piece a bit to around 15. Total network devices though is now around 40 give or take 1-2.
Sounds impressive! What are you primarily using the clients for?

Old March 8th, 2012, 08:43 PM
OverSeer

Just HSTouch screens or similiar functional screens. Kind of over kill now as the house is quiet and there is more digital activity than people activity these days in the house.

I was kind of doing your great script TS management very manually with the older TS's using some posted to Homeseer applications from the early 2000's. I started to play around with NirCMD a few years back and recently just utilized HS generated keystrokes to the HSTouch screens; but I find it much easier and less overhead to utilize your script Jon. Kind of differentiating the touch screens. (an Adam influence) like turning the bedside tablet into a clock radio one button does sleeping routine type stuff. Another one does mostly a screen saver, yet another one does weather stuff....even though all of the screens are there...

I do have dedicated to function PCs / desktops / laptops around the house though; mostly though in the off state.

Right now just setting up auto scheduling stuff with your application. Like dimming and then brightening a screen with motion during the day, shutting off the backlight at night, going to the screen savers etc. The newer TS's (Jogglers) only consume 2.5 amps via PoE such that shutting them down is not really necessary.

Homeseer User

Last edited by Pete; March 8th, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old March 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM
OverSeer

Boy, I am an idiot...I never put 2 and 2 together.

Recently my wife and I switched to T-Mobile. As part of the plan, we get free unlimited calling to/from any numbers when we are on wifi calling. As such, we try to use that when we can.

I just installed a new wifi router (well, my old unit) as an access point - see note below if you are considering this! I did this since the wifi calling wasn't as good as it needed to be. And after messing with a bunch of stuff and using some wireshark monitoring, it appeared my setup was making things go wonky (since it wasn't bandwidth, but RESPONSE time I needed). This is all "fixed" now and my wife is very happy using this {I know...shooting myself in the foot!}.

So, back to why I'm an idiot. With the NEW Jon00 Netowork monitoring stuff, I can tell when our PHONE are in and out of the house, since we (so far) ALWAYS turn the WIFI on when we get to the house. And using Tasker it is almost automatic for me (still working out a few bugs in my logic...trying to NOT use the GPS if I can). So, use that in combination with the RFID tags in the cars and I can tell what car and who left the house! This was necessary since I rarely use BT and all my BT dongles for the PC were not compatible with Jon00's BT scripts (tried, didn't work).

This is TREMENDOUS! Now, I just have to implement this!

Side note:
Wow, now that I have dedicated units, one for WAN to LAN, and LAN to WLAN, I can get tremendous internet speeds without issues! I am amazed!

Before, if I started to x-fer large amounts of data through my router over WLAN, it would kill the WAN speeds. Now, everything is by itself, and so far {knock on wood} have not had to "nightly" reboot either router (where I used to have to reboot the older unit once ever 2-3 days, the newer one, once a month).

--Dan
Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Seer Master

I'm trying to get the network monitoring installed for the first time today.

I have installed all the scripts and ini files like the doc show. I can get to the aspx page and I see my network devices ok.

The problem is when I added a device code and hit submit, its not created.

I used N8 which is unused. Its going to be for my iPhone. I created an event to using the example to call the script and ("network","1"). When I go to my status page, I do not see any new device N8 or any new room group for Jon00.

HSPro - 2.5.0.20 - Dell mini W7 x32
HSTouch on iPhones - HS Touch Plugin
Stargate,XPander,JDS LCD Keypads - Stargate Plugin
Bitwise BC4 IR - Bitwise Plugin
Way2 Call - HSPhone Plugin
Caddx - jvCaddx Plugin
UPB HAI switches - UPB Plugin
Foscam IP Cameras - netcam plugin
HAI RC2000 Thermostat - HAI Thermostat Plugin
SageTV - InControl Sage Plugin
My.Trigger Plugin
Ultraweather Plugin
Old March 17th, 2012, 07:28 PM
OverSeer

Tim,

For the moment, just create a recurring event every 1 minute and call the script with optional parameters ("network",""). Next time the event runs, the device should be created. Make sure you enter the device code under the network (purple) column and not the client (blue).

Old March 17th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Seer Master

Thanks Jon.

I believe I have done that. But there are no new devices created. Here is what I have done.
Attached Images

HSPro - 2.5.0.20 - Dell mini W7 x32
HSTouch on iPhones - HS Touch Plugin
Stargate,XPander,JDS LCD Keypads - Stargate Plugin
Bitwise BC4 IR - Bitwise Plugin
Way2 Call - HSPhone Plugin
Caddx - jvCaddx Plugin
UPB HAI switches - UPB Plugin
Foscam IP Cameras - netcam plugin
HAI RC2000 Thermostat - HAI Thermostat Plugin
SageTV - InControl Sage Plugin
My.Trigger Plugin
Ultraweather Plugin
Old March 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM
OverSeer

Please remove the 1 from the optional parameters i.e ("network","").

Old March 17th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Seer Master

I tried that earlier. But I tired it again. Still no dice. When I go to my home seer status page, there are no devices with N.

I would expect to see a new device N8 and N9.

Here is part of my ini file.

Code:
[Settings]
Logging=0
WOLPortNumber=7
PingCount=2
AutoMAC=0
ShowIPAddress=1
ShowPingTimes=1
ShowLastUpdated=1
ShowOnOffLine=1
ShowLastOnOff=1