www.homeseer.com  

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > CFGuy Plug-Ins and Scripts > WeatherXML

WeatherXML Discussion area for WeatherXML

Old May 4th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Seer Deluxe

Default UV from Weather Underground

Hi Jeff,

I registered for the Weather Underground API and all went well. I did it because I wanted to retrieve the UV value for the day. For the life of me, I can't find under which device this displays. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction please? Also is there a way that I can retrieve the Pollen Count?

Thaks
BernieB
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Have A Blessed Day

Go to the Advanced Setup page.
In the devices setup section you should have the following for UV.
Attached Images

Hardware: Schlage Z-Wave Lever Lock x2, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Troller, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer 1122, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210

Old May 4th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Have A Blessed Day

I don't know of a source for pollen.
Weather Underground said they get their pollen info from someone else and can not include it in the API info.

Hardware: Schlage Z-Wave Lever Lock x2, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Troller, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer 1122, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210

Old May 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFGuy View Post
I don't know of a source for pollen.
Weather Underground said they get their pollen info from someone else and can not include it in the API info.
I asked them the same thing with the same response. They said they get their data from pollen.com
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Seer Deluxe

My UV always reports 0.0 in the status screen, despite WU having a UV number for my area.

There is a device code, and no errors... Any idea why I do not get the UV reported in WXML?

-BD
Old July 26th, 2012, 02:24 PM
OverSeer

Try turning on debug and having a look at the logs when getting data from WUN?

Maybe removing your variable, redoing your primary weather (WUN) to say something else, then back to WUN? I see a UV condition in there as a variable that hasn't changed since 11/2011. I have WXML running on two HS boxes now pulling the weather from WUN and the numbers for UV match. I also pull the numbers autonomously with mcsSprinklers (running on Linux) from WUN and its the same number.
Attached Images

Homeseer User
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Seer Deluxe

The log never showed anything abnormal. It said:

7/28/2012 10:10:00 AM* weatherXML_dev* Set UV

It has always done this but the value did not update to match WU. Ironically however, today the value updated properly. Go figure. Maybe WU changed something on their end, because it says for UV, "# out of #", and I dont remember the out of thing. Will watch and report back.

-BD
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:24 AM
OverSeer

On a side note: the reported WUN moon phase is off and there is a WUN ticket opened for it.

Its difficult though as most "at home" ISP connections whatever they may be have basically little or no QOS; leaving you to the mercy of the internet and what data will be provided to you (free mostly but changing).

A while back tried the "light sensor" way and the temperature sensor in the jar to figure out UV and it kind of works. I use it mostly in the calculation of the ET for the sprinklers; without the UV data then the calculations are off; et al. I did notice a neighbor (that I walk with) is very sensitive to the sun and does wear protection whether its a sun block or clothing; but she doesn't utilize the UV number for that.

Homeseer User
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Seer Deluxe

Yeah, not having the right UV number or moon phase won't change my life much, but being the OCD HA freaks we are, we like everything to fall in line.

Weird thing is today it is hit or miss. Sometimes the number is accurate, other times it is 0.0. The log gives no clues and always reports properly. My guess is a data type error.

-BD
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM
OverSeer

Me neither; unless I start believing what I see on the computer versus what I see outside.

Homeseer User