Changing from ADT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing from ADT

I've searched for an answer for this and I know its possible just don't know how to do it. I own the equipment in my home and I have an ADT safewatch pro custom alarm panel. I want to change monitoring services and integrate my security with homeseer. Are there any how-to guides on this? I saw the AD2USB adapter but I don't think I can use that because running a CAT5 cable to where my homeseer computer is too difficult to do. Are there any wireless solutions for converting my existing wired ADT into Homeseer?

I have a similar project on my list. There is a plugin on this board for ADT Vista based panels, I don't recognize the one you are listing. Post a message there and the plugin author, Mark Sandler, can let you know. There is a lot more to it than getting AD2USB, the plugin to HS is the final piece to integration
    Paul

Comment

Yes you can use the ADT safewatch pro alarm panel. Safewatch is usually a Ademco Vista Panel. You have to look at the panel label and whats written on the chip on the board. It is most likely a Ademco Vista 15 or 20. If you go to the Nutech website they have a forum that can give you more info or so a google search for "safewatch" and say "Vista 20" Nutech can you figure out most things regarding your panel.
      The best and cheapest is to use a hardwired solution from Vista panel to the AD2Serial or AD2USB.
      some on this board have used serial wireless, but its expensive( $300-400).
      here is one such product.
      store.digi.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=110
      hope this helps.

ps. instead of buy the wireless serial device, I would just try your best to get some cables to the homeseer computer. Not sure how far into automation you are but you will need run wires for sprinklers, RFID(car proximity), I/O boards, etc. I had the same issue so what I did was to buy an inexpensive fanless, solid state HD computer( size of large textbook -$250) and installed homeseer on it. It is completely out of site, and currently no moniter or keyboard is hooked up to it. This became my many hs computer and located it so that I could run wires and equidistant for inside and outside uses.
      Last edited by TomTom; July 1, 2012, 09:08 AM. Reason: another thought
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

How bout using the itach 2 serial device. Seems like a cheaper solution and I've had some luck with it with the z-troller. I hear what you're saying about getting cables there but at least for the next couple of years I need a wireless solution...

Comment

yup, the iTach WF2SL should work and $105 isnt a bad price. And has future uses too if you ever wanted to do sprinklers. Believe a few on here use this to with their Rain8net. In any case before buying the WF2SL I would just check with mnsandler about it. He should know. I saw your post with pics of your Ademco panel. For the future remember these things below in case you want to buy more hardware for your Ademco panel.
          Vista 20P(on the board), Year 2008(on the chip), Version 5.5(on the chip). Keypad: 6160V. The version is primarily for some minor software changes that occur that allow you to connect to newer keypads( like touch screen), and other zone protocols. I believe your ver 5.5 should be able to handle touch screen. You can google it is you really need to know.

User manual for Ademco Keypad 6160V (v=voice)
          http://199.62.9.166/documents/6150V_6160vUM.pdf

Ademco Vista 20P manual, specs, etc
          http://www.security.honeywell.com/hs.../ad/14958.html

its a great panel. You can get parts/hardware via ebay for the cheap. hope this helps.

Forgot Wireless: Your wireless panel( above the main panel w antenna) is a 5882-3ENH - which allows up to 64 wireless zones.
          Very easy to add zones( new sensors) to the system. Again the place to get new wireless sensors is ebay.
          Manual for 5882-3ENH same as 5881-ENH
          http://site.geoarm.com/pdfs/Honeywel...tall-guide.pdf
          Last edited by TomTom; July 1, 2012, 02:20 PM. Reason: Forgot Wireless
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
            yup, the iTach WF2SL should work and $105 isnt a bad price. And has future uses too if you ever wanted to do sprinklers. Believe a few on here use this to with their Rain8net. In any case before buying the WF2SL I would just check with mnsandler about it. He should know. I saw your post with pics of your Ademco panel. For the future remember these things below in case you want to buy more hardware for your Ademco panel.
            Vista 20P(on the board), Year 2008(on the chip), Version 5.5(on the chip). Keypad: 6160V. The version is primarily for some minor software changes that occur that allow you to connect to newer keypads( like touch screen), and other zone protocols. I believe your ver 5.5 should be able to handle touch screen. You can google it is you really need to know.

User manual for Ademco Keypad 6160V (v=voice)
            http://199.62.9.166/documents/6150V_6160vUM.pdf

Ademco Vista 20P manual, specs, etc
            http://www.security.honeywell.com/hs.../ad/14958.html

its a great panel. You can get parts/hardware via ebay for the cheap. hope this helps.

Forgot Wireless: Your wireless panel( above the main panel w antenna) is a 5882-3ENH - which allows up to 64 wireless zones.
            Very easy to add zones( new sensors) to the system. Again the place to get new wireless sensors is ebay.
            Manual for 5882-3ENH same as 5881-ENH
            http://site.geoarm.com/pdfs/Honeywel...tall-guide.pdf
            Thanks! Very helpful. I was looking to upgrade my panel at least for aesthetic reasons.

Comment

Working...
            X