Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BDGraphs: Device value recording and graphing (charts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do hope HS can give you a hand with the silly namespace error. I too updated my system to a later version and have lost BDGraphs which is a shame .
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

I too have had to shut down BDGraph, however, only because it logged everything it did and I could not see important entries into the log.

Pity really as it is a brilliant graphing programme.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
        I too have had to shut down BDGraph, however, only because it logged everything it did and I could not see important entries into the log.

Pity really as it is a brilliant graphing programme.
        I agree, I had requested several times to disable the logging as well, very annoying to say the least.
        Mike

Comment

Me too, all my logfile is "BDGraph" info.
          No good.

Comment

I just installed BDGraph because I don't think HS is ever going to have time to install native graphs...

I'm getting this error message in the log:
            ec-13 11:30:09 PM Error 3 Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\BDGraphs.vben :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-{0x3E}Does entry point add exist in script? at A.c17b105f989efe61e5979e67bec1ef734.cffd66cb0782c50126727e3f a75582d7a()
            Dec-13 11:30:09 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/BDGraphs.vben("add","003D7371-055-Q50")
            Dec-13 11:30:09 PM Event Event Trigger "graphs AddMPiTemp"
            Dec-13 11:30:09 PM Event Event graphs AddMPiTemp triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

With the script screenshot below.

I'm just trying to do the add to the DB.
            Exactly what is the "parameter" I should "add"? I assume it is the "address" of the device which since I have all Z-Wave devices they are the HomeID-NodeID-Child#.
            Or should it have the floor/room/name???
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DrZWave View Post
              I just installed BDGraph because I don't think HS is ever going to have time to install native graphs...

I'm getting this error message in the log:
              ec-13 11:30:09 PM Error 3 Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\BDGraphs.vben :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-{0x3E}Does entry point add exist in script? at A.c17b105f989efe61e5979e67bec1ef734.cffd66cb0782c50126727e3f a75582d7a()
              Dec-13 11:30:09 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/BDGraphs.vben("add","003D7371-055-Q50")
              Dec-13 11:30:09 PM Event Event Trigger "graphs AddMPiTemp"
              Dec-13 11:30:09 PM Event Event graphs AddMPiTemp triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

With the script screenshot below.

I'm just trying to do the add to the DB.
              Exactly what is the "parameter" I should "add"? I assume it is the "address" of the device which since I have all Z-Wave devices they are the HomeID-NodeID-Child#.
              Or should it have the floor/room/name???
              That does look correct. Other than I used an uppercase A in add. I don't know if VB is case sensitive.

What version of HomeSeer are you running? BDGraphs has been broken since V3.0.0.111. I don't know if a fix is coming. Rich expressed some interest in helping the author, but that was months ago. I haven't been able to use it since then and I miss the graphing.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Is there any chance this may be revived? I'm missing my temperature graphs!

Comment

Originally posted by Crashless View Post
                  Is there any chance this may be revived? I'm missing my temperature graphs!
                  BD has said he doesn't want to work with this any further.

Take a look at this thread, it provides very similar capabilities, but has the added advantage of logging value changes to a database instead of periodic samples. The graphs are actually more useful.

Comment

I was afraid of that. Thanks.

That's a cool plugin. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

I also found Jon's Database Charting Utility. Has anyone tried it? It's graphs are very pretty, but Shill's device history is dead-simple, and works very well so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashless View Post
                      I was afraid of that. Thanks.

That's a cool plugin. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

I also found Jon's Database Charting Utility. Has anyone tried it? It's graphs are very pretty, but Shill's device history is dead-simple, and works very well so far.
                      Jon's Database Charting Utility is very good and very versatile, but also difficult to set up. The unique thing about Shill's plug-in that is different from BDGraphing and Jon's is that the database entries are change based, so the graphing is very accurate. If you are graphing a device that changes frequently, a snapshot once every few minutes will not give as accurate details as a graph that maps every change in value over time. A great example is measuring watts from a current measuring device, with BDGraphing or Jon's, you take a snapshot once every 5 minutes or so, but a lot can go on in the interim.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        Jon's Database Charting Utility is very good and very versatile, but also difficult to set up. The unique thing about Shill's plug-in that is different from BDGraphing and Jon's is that the database entries are change based, so the graphing is very accurate. If you are graphing a device that changes frequently, a snapshot once every few minutes will not give as accurate details as a graph that maps every change in value over time. A great example is measuring watts from a current measuring device, with BDGraphing or Jon's, you take a snapshot once every 5 minutes or so, but a lot can go on in the interim.

That's not strictly true. With Jon's pi you can configure database entries on device change as well as at intervals. It is incredibly configurable.
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                          That's not strictly true. With Jon's pi you can configure database entries on device change as well as at intervals. It is incredibly configurable.
                          Steve
                          My bad! I spent a little time with it, but obviously not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            My bad! I spent a little time with it, but obviously not enough.

It's worth spending some time with.
                            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                              It's worth spending some time with.
                              Steve
                              I went back and looked at he docs and I had read them thoroughly. The sad thing is that I knew that the program could be triggered to build a chart by an event and I know an event can be made to trigger on the change of a device - I just failed to put the two together. So Jon's program is probably the best out there, but I still contend that Shill's is guick and easy and probably a little more powerful than Brundog's script, which was the question that prompted my response.

I used and relied on BD's script and really liked it. As a substitute I really like the ease of Shill's approach and the power and flexibility of Jon's is undeniable. I'm sure I will find use for both.

Comment

Working...
                              X