HS3 - New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Editing

I assume this is where one would post an idea for improvement. If not, where should it go on the forum?

I would like to see a way to edit events that have a long list of Then statements to allow inserting one between existing Then statements and changing the order of the Then statements by allowing one to move the statements up or down the list. Maybe there is a way to do this now. If so it's not obvious how it's done. As it is now, I have to delete a lot of Then statements to insert one or to re-order them. I am considering not using Events and using only scripts where I have this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
      I assume this is where one would post an idea for improvement. If not, where should it go on the forum?

I would like to see a way to edit events that have a long list of Then statements to allow inserting one between existing Then statements and changing the order of the Then statements by allowing one to move the statements up or down the list. Maybe there is a way to do this now. If so it's not obvious how it's done. As it is now, I have to delete a lot of Then statements to insert one or to re-order them. I am considering not using Events and using only scripts where I have this situation.
      If you're on a PC, you can drag/drop any action (THEN STATEMENT) where you want it to be. It's very easy to change the order of actions this way. Just hover over the action you wish to move, left-click-hold and move.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This can be done at the moment. It is drag and drop. Just click on the Then you want to move and drag it up.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

That's great! I don't know why I never discovered that.

Now if you could allow nested If statements I could replace most of my scripts with Events.

Thanks!!

Comment

That's great! I don't know why I never discovered that.

Now if you could allow nested If statements I could replace most of my scripts with Events.

Thanks!!
            While not nested IFs, you can call another Event and tell it to honor the "conditions".

For instance, I have 3 holidays setup in a Virtual Device: No Holiday, Christmas, and Halloween. For my front porch lights I have 1 event that calls 3 more events and tells them to only run if their conditions are true (which all include which value the Holiday virtual device has).

So if it's Halloween, it will run that one, but not the other two. I've attached some screenshots for the Off for my front eave lights (which are HUEs)
            Attached Files

Comment

There are some caveats to that. For example it the second event is set to not re-run for XX it's not respected.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Good to know. I may give that a try. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  Can an update to the release notes be added for .298?

Thanks,

Robert
                  Not that it'd matter much, but... any chance?

Comment

Z-wave

Z-wave Node Information has proven itself a good tool when I have been analyzing and troubleshooting my network. From time-to-time, I have made it into a tabular report (all columns on a single line) as I find that style easier to read and work with. So how about an option to either export the data as a CSV or adding a tabular option.
                    Attached Files
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
                      Z-wave Node Information has proven itself a good tool when I have been analyzing and troubleshooting my network. From time-to-time, I have made it into a tabular report (all columns on a single line) as I find that style easier to read and work with. So how about an option to either export the data as a CSV or adding a tabular option.
                      Looks great. Did you create this in Excel by hand?

- Robert

Comment

I did, while a nuisance it's not too hard with cut and paste, search and replace and using cell references. Took about 20 minutes or so and I'm sure a crackerjack Excel person could work it out quicker...
                        -Rick

Comment

Feature request: more precise management of the log

The HS3 log by default displays all entries since the last launch of the app. For me, this results in 1000's of entries over time and I prefer to display the 'most recent entries at bottom'. I've also learned that it pays to keep months of logging. HS3 segments the display in chunks of 1000 entries.

If I need to view the latest log entries, this requires me to click repeatedly on 'next page' to browse sequentially.

Feature request:
                          First display the chunk of 1000 entries that includes the most recent entries; no impact for those who have unchecked 'most recent entries at bottom', but a time saver for the others.
                          or
                          Have a parameter where a user can specify the number of days of log entries to display by default from the current day.

I suspect option #1 would be the easiest to implement and I would be fine with that.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                            The HS3 log by default displays all entries since the last launch of the app. For me, this results in 1000's of entries over time and I prefer to display the 'most recent entries at bottom'. I've also learned that it pays to keep months of logging. HS3 segments the display in chunks of 1000 entries.

If I need to view the latest log entries, this requires me to click repeatedly on 'next page' to browse sequentially.

Feature request:
                            First display the chunk of 1000 entries that includes the most recent entries; no impact for those who have unchecked 'most recent entries at bottom', but a time saver for the others.
                            or
                            Have a parameter where a user can specify the number of days of log entries to display by default from the current day.

I suspect option #1 would be the easiest to implement and I would be fine with that.
                            While it is not a default option, adjusting the start date and time on the filter just takes seconds. When I display mine with the newest at the bottom, I just change the start filter to earlier today or late yesterday as needed.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                              HSTouch Lite is a read only version of HSTouch; no designer support. All of our standard (non-PRO) HomeTrollers are currently shipped with this.

If you want to design screens you'll need the full version of HSTouch or HSPRO/HS3PRO.
                              Hi i am confused. Before this update i had hstouch designer v 3051 fully licensed and when i try and run it it will not connect to my HS3 ver 3057

I had it licensed and now the license information has gone from my plugins page.

Why has it gone ? Don't tell me i have to purchase an additional license or upgrade to HS3 pro to get it working the way had it !!?

What benefits does this give me currently... = none hstouch will no longer connect to HS3

Also my ipd running hstouch will no longer connect to homeseer. Whats going on!!! ???? Help !!!

Any advice as my system is now no longer working !!!
                              Last edited by ben pownall; September 9, 2017, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Here currently at Homeseer 3 V.357 and Homeseer Designer 3.0.49 and connect fine. (shows license as before)

I do not see Homeseer Touch license information on any of the Homeseer 3 GUI screens. It used to be on the top of the plugins screens.
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X