Jon00 SpeedFan Monitor For Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 SpeedFan Monitor For Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

This Unmanaged PI/client allows you to monitor Motherboard temperatures, fan speeds and voltages via the excellent freeware SpeedFan utility by Alfredo Milani Comparetti. You can run copies of this client on different Windows PC's as you wish, provided SpeedFan is installed on each PC.

The package has the following features:

» Temperature monitoring of SMART hard drives, Graphics cards, processor, case etc (hardware dependant)
    » Fan speeds of processor & case fans (hardware dependent)
    » Motherboard voltages (hardware dependent)
    » Speeds via Pulse Width Modulation (PWM - hardware dependent)
    » Automatic generation of a virtual device for each metric you wish to monitor
    » Different events can be run for each device when preset high or low values are reached
    » Different scripts can be run for each device when preset high or low values are reached
    » Virtual devices can show just the current values or current values & High/Low records
    » Virtual device icons change to red if high value trigger is reached and maintained.
    » Virtual device icons change to blue if low value trigger is reached and maintained.

Note: Speedfan is a Windows program so is not compatible with monitoring Linux systems. If you are running Homeseer on Linux, you can still use this to monitor other Windows PC's on your Network.

Any issues, please post here.

As always, it can be downloaded from my site (click on my banner below).

(No banner? check your forum settings)
    Attached Files
    Jon

Speed Fan Monitor Issues

Good Day,

Well Lets try again. I hope this isn't a double post. I thought I followed you install instruction correctly. I seem to have an issue with creating the virtual devices. I get no errors in the log. I also get the main device, but no child devices. I am creating csv files in the installed SpeedFan directory.

Any ideas or thoughts?

TIA

Comment

Would you please post your csv and Jon00SpeedFan1.ini file.
      Jon

Comment

SpeedFan

Thanks Jon,

I have attached the files you requested. I had to append the log files into 1 file.

TIA
        Attached Files

Comment

It looks like Speedfan is not generating your CSV file correctly.

Please review the docs and go through the Speedfan setup again. Make sure you pay attention to the red circles shown on the setup pictures.
          Jon

Comment

SpeedFan Monitor

Thanks Much Jon,

I re-configured like you suggested. Followed the instructions on changing the configuration and restarted the system. It all works great now!!!

Thank you for another great tool!!

Cheers
            Brad

Comment

Great Work Sir,

Got everything set up and your install instructions are clear. Have 2 clients reporting to HS and all devices report accuratley. One client is the HS server and the other a office desktop pc.

When the office pc is put in sleep mode your "John00SpeedFanMontior" stops working and does not recover upon waking up.

Heres part of the MS Error Details. Any ideas to a fix?

Charlie

Code:
              Problem signature:
                Problem Event Name:	InPageError
                Error Status Code:	c000020c
                Faulting Media Type:	00000000
                OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
                Locale ID:	1033
                Additional Information 1:	0a9e
                Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
                Additional Information 3:	0a9e
                Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
                http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
                C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
              HSPro: 3.0.0.194
              PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
              HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I'm not sure what I can do. Which Windows OS are you using so I can try it here.
                Jon

Comment

Win7 pro X64

Many thanks.
                  PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                  HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

OK, tried it here on Win 7 64 bit. I put the PC to sleep for 5 minutes, woke it and the client continued to update HS3. No crashes.

You are using sleep/suspend and not hibernate?
                    Jon

Comment

Using Sleep.

Having issues still and another crash.

The issue is that the Jon00SpeedFanMonitor on the "office desktop" client1 has not updated the HS devices in days. So just now restarted but the SpeedFan and you FanMonitior, to confirm Client1 (Desktop) has reconnected.
                      Code:
                      May-11 12:38:34 AM	 	Jon00_SpeedFan	Ready
                      May-11 12:38:34 AM	 	Jon00_SpeedFan	Version 1.0.0
                      May-11 12:38:34 AM	 	Jon00_SpeedFan	Client 1 connected to Homeseer
                      However, after 15 mins none of the Desktop client devices have updated. See attached picture and you will see a few of the devices on the client2 (HTPC Server) have not update.

Heres the 2nd crash report that occurred while using the client pc

Code:
                      Problem signature:
                        Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
                        Application Name:	Jon00SpeedFanMonitor.exe
                        Application Version:	1.0.0.0
                        Application Timestamp:	53deb412
                        Fault Module Name:	clr.dll
                        Fault Module Version:	4.0.30319.18444
                        Fault Module Timestamp:	52717e84
                        Exception Code:	c00000fd
                        Exception Offset:	003793f2
                        OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
                        Locale ID:	1033
                        Additional Information 1:	6ae0
                        Additional Information 2:	6ae0f431b35af595fce414e9efa96042
                        Additional Information 3:	ecd2
                        Additional Information 4:	ecd2047b7dbc259b0313d25be00374e9
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't believe there is anything wrong with the HTPC Server. Only metrics that change value will be shown in the Last Change column. Check Speedfan directly and compare with the reported values that have not changed.

If you do not put the office PC to sleep, does it run and operate correctly? Was Speedfan also running when you restarted the client and updating itself correctly? Check the Speedfan log (SFLogXXXXXXXX.csv file) where XXXXXXXX is todays date in YYYYMMDD format

Also, take a look here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2640103
                        Last edited by jon00; May 11, 2015, 04:59 PM.
                        Jon

Comment

Problems installing Jon00SpeedFanMonitor.exe

Jon00,

I have recently attempted to install your SpeedFan application, and Norton Anti Virus is convinced that it contains the Heir.AdvML.B virus. I have attempted to extract this file from your Zip file a few times to no avail. How can I get this EXE file extracted from the Zip?

Comment

All I can suggest is that you disable your AV whilst unzipping the file.
                            Jon

Comment

Problems installing Jon00SpeedFanMonitor.exe

Jon,

I just wanted to make sure that the current download was un-infected, as I am sure it was, but just needed confirmation. I can tell my AV program to allow it to be removed from Quarantine, and all should be fine.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X