Heatmiser Heating Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heatmiser Heating Control

Thanks for all the input to this plug-in. This is now being released for the HS3 updater.
    Last edited by NicolaiL; October 27, 2014, 08:54 AM.
    Nicolai L

The Heatmiser thermostats look quite interesting and I'm considering a purchase but I'm a bit confused about the differences between the basic WIFI versions and the Neo versions. Any information would be welcome.
    The Neo system seems to be the latest, are they phasing out the basic WIFI versions?
    The Neo system requires a Neohub, what are the advantages to this?
    Is your plugin aimed at the basic WIFI or the Neo or both?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
      The Heatmiser thermostats look quite interesting and I'm considering a purchase but I'm a bit confused about the differences between the basic WIFI versions and the Neo versions. Any information would be welcome.
      The Neo system seems to be the latest, are they phasing out the basic WIFI versions?
      The Neo system requires a Neohub, what are the advantages to this?
      Is your plugin aimed at the basic WIFI or the Neo or both?

Steve
      Hi Steve

This plug-in does NOT support the NEO thermostat as the protocol is completely different. However as I'm not putting the finishing touches to this plug-in I will start working on another one for the NEO range. I'm hopingh to have something ready for testing in the next week or two.

My understanding is that the NEO stats only works with a Neo Hub. As far as I can tell the communication between the Neo Stats and the Neo Hub is proprietary (probably Zigbee) and it is then the Neo Hub that connects to your network.
      Nicolai L

Comment

Thanks for the information NicolaiL.
        It seems like the old WIFI thermostats are possibly the better solution if you are going to integrate with HS but I guess that Heatmiser have stopped manufacturing and selling them directly. They seem to have disappeared from the products on their website although they are still available elsewhere whilst stocks last. That puts me off as I was thinking of buying one to start with and then more in the future if they turn out to work well.
        The Neo appears to use a closed version of Zigbee so all remote access will need to go through the hub. I don't really want yet another box sitting there buzzing away just to operate my thermostats so I think I will research other options for now.
        I'm considering virtual programmable thermostats running in software using temperature sensors that I already have around the house. It might take me some time to perfect but should be fun.
        Steve

Comment

For anyone who wants to use the Heatmiser NEO products I have a beta version of a plug-in on the thread here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...00#post1143000
          Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
          X